RC Competitor

Revo wing mount on slayer?

I am trying to fit the revo wing mount on my slayer, but I am having a small problem. It seems that there is a piece missing. Is there anything that connects the wing mount back to the bumper? There are 2 holes that are on the back of the mount, and the bumper has a piece that is removable, but they do not seem to quite line up. I was looking at some other pictures like lime sluggy, and the at&t racer that both have it, but can not quite tell how they were done.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

Good question, i wasnt aware you could run a Revo wing AND a Slayer rear bumper assembly.
    Didnt think they worked together.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

The revo wing mount uses the same mounting point as the slayer bumper so you'll will not be able to use both. You could just remove the slayer bumper and put a revo bumper on the wing mount.

Last edited by fallonguy; 11-09-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Competitor
    Does the Revo bumber use the slayer sway bar kits?

I though about that after I posted if you have sway bars you would need the slayer bumper to mount the rear sway bar as the mounting point is part of the slayer bumper. The wing only moves the revo bumper out to allow room for the rear sway bar.

The revo sway bar kit comes with this part to mount the rear sway bar.

RC Competitor
    See now this is why im frustrated...the slayer sway bar kit, says to use with the revo wing mount 5411...which is what I have...but neither match up...

See now this is why im frustrated...the slayer sway bar kit, says to use with the revo wing mount 5411...which is what I have...but neither match up...
    Strange, they should match up... Maybe a picture of what's not fitting would be nice...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    lol, well, my slayer is in the middle of a full build, so its in pieces....all over the place lol. But Ill try to get a pic of what I mean so you can see.

Last edited by madjoker911; 11-09-2012 at 03:06 PM.

RC Competitor
    there are 2 screws sticking out of where I removed part of the bumper, and the gap between the bumper and mount exists.

RC Qualifier
    u can use one or the other.. slayer bumper or revo stuff, not both.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    u can use one or the other.. slayer bumper or revo stuff, not both.
    ok, then why on the slayer sway bar does it say that it uses part #5411, yet the sway bar kit does not come with revo stuff.

RC Qualifier
    do you know there are two sway bar kits?? trx5998 is sway bar kit for slayer, trx5498 is sway bar kit for revo... the best sway bar kit is tekno tkr1013 no drilling required fully tunable...

RC Competitor
    I do, and if you look up the 5998, it says to use the 5411 with it..........

"The Traxxas Slayer sway bar kit is a must have for Slayer racers everywhere. The kit was created, developed, and extensively field specifically for the Slayer and short-course racing. The sway bar kit includes front and rear linkages, mounts, thick and thin sway bars, hardware, a tuning guide, and comprehensive installation instructions. *Can not be used with stock rear bumper mount setup. Must be used with rear wing mount #5411."
    Last edited by madjoker911; 11-09-2012 at 05:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    it says does not work with stock rear bumper mount set up.. must be used with tra 5411 rear wing mount

RC Competitor
    wow....I already said this but ill say it again 5411 is not lining up properly with the sway bar kit, and the bumper. Im asking what I am missing.

If you were to read the rest of the post, you would understand I have removed the part of the stock bumper that you have for both kits, followed both directions, but I am looking for a missing piece.
    Last edited by madjoker911; 11-09-2012 at 05:54 PM.

RC Qualifier
    my tra5998 kit does work with slayer pros rear bumper.. step #10 pull lower bumper section away from chassis and then insert rear sway bar into the molded sway bar groove. tighten the bumper back onto the chassis.. in not sure of the problem your having???

RC Competitor
    ok, now we are tracking...I ordered both...im trying to figure out how to get both to work on the slayer, because it said that it did not work with the stock bumper, however, it does, and seems to be the exact opposite, that 5411 does not fit the slayer...but the way I read the description, is that 5411 is required for 5998...thats why im lost...how do I get the sway bar kit on, with 5411....

RC Qualifier
    oh yeah u want the wing??? opps my bad, are u building a street racer??

RC Competitor
    yes! I want it. no, I have a jato for asphalt, more of like a sluggy build, for the track. not quite how far I wanna go on that though, but I know I want a wing, to help flatten it out.

RC Qualifier
    that 5411 wing mount kit all you need is the little part in your pics (trx on it with two screw holes n two set screw holes) to put the sway bar on.. get rid of the lower bumper piece. that where the sway bar goes..that piece holds the sway bar in place there. the rest off the wing mount has nothing to do with the sway bar. you have to choose slayer bumper, or wing mount and get a revo bumper..
    Last edited by Ckeithnitro; 11-09-2012 at 06:25 PM.

RC Competitor
    I can not find any part on the wing mount that the sway bar mounts to. by getting rid of the entire bumper I no longer have a rear sway bar mount, which is counter productive seeing as 5998 says it requires 5411

RC Qualifier
    the part isnt on the wing mount !!! 5411 is only for if u want a rear bumper on the revo.. 5998 doesnt have the little piece u need and 5411 doesnt have it either. 5498 sway bar kit for the revo has the little piece u need. FALLONGUY posted a pic of the part u need, it only comes with 5498.. the bars that come with 5498 are much thicker cause its for the revo..go on amainhobbies site and look at 5998 slayer/ 5498 revo sway bar kits ,the revo one has an extra plastic piece the slayer one does not have..
    Last edited by Ckeithnitro; 11-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.

RC Competitor
    im thinking from what you are saying, and what im looking at...traxxas has something possibly wrong...1)5411 is not required to mount 5998 to the slayer pro, and 2) if you get 5411, they need to include the new sway bar mount for the rear, so you can just buy the revo bumper.

You don't need the Revo wing to mount the sway bar on the slayer I see it says on Buy Traxxas.com you do but that's a misprint. Maybe call who you bought it from and they may give you a refund.

You can get that part you need in this kit but that would cost $10.00

Traxxas Sway Bar Mounts Revo
    Last edited by fallonguy; 11-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.