RC Enthusiast

Stock wheels size?

i'd like to know the width of the stock wheels that comes with the summit 1/16, i'm looking forward to mount the canyon tires on my bandit's tracer wheels, thanks...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Tower has the specs listed at...

Wheel
    Width: 1.73" (44mm)
    Diameter: 4.3" (110mm)
    Hex Size: 14mm <<< Should be 12mm, not 14.

Tire
    Width: 2.2" (56mm)
    Diameter: 3.87" (98mm)

Rim
    Width: 1.18"(42.7mm)
    Diameter: 2.2" (60mm)
    Hex Size: 12mm
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    That is kinda confusing. Is the wheel and the rim not the same thing. The wheel diameter is 4.3", but the tire diameter is 3.87"? Not trying to start anything, just kinda scratching my head?
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

When you put a tire on a rim that is a touch skinnier than the natural width of the tire, it will squish the sidewalls closer together and make the tire taller.

Also, keep in mind that there could have been two different people taking these measurements; that they could be slightly off and could be using different terms for the same dimension (width = depth ect).

I find that terminology for tires, wheels, rims, ect changes depending on where you are from.
    Around here tires are the rubber, rims are what the rubber goes on, and wheels are the two put together.

EDIT:
    I see that 2.2" can also be two different metric measurements according to the information that Tower Hobbies has provided. lol
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 11-09-2012 at 09:01 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Ok I see, just did all look right to me. I know the measurements are not always correct. I would just consider the wheel and rim the same thing, so when the wheel was bigger than the tire, I was just kinda scratching my head. I have a buddy from WI, and sometimes I think he speaks a different langauge. Dang old humans anyways, always making mistakes. I ordered a body one time and the measurements were so far off that it would not work, so now I have a buggy body that will not fit anything I own. Maybe that will give me an excuse to by another rc, because I have a body for it. LOL
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

I like your thinking.