Thread: I am Shore

RC Qualifier

I am Shore

So How organize are you, when your going to the Shore? List everything that you have?
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    Well I am lucky enough to have a lake in my backyard so I have my whole workshop right there in the basement. As for what to bring when going to other places:

Boat and boat stand, batteries, towel, wrenches, shaft grease, tool kit for the spartan, paper towels, extra prop, hatch tape, and some pliers.

RC Qualifier
    I'm same as jetnfast, on the lake with all my gear handy in the garage.

I don't often go anywhere but out front of the cabin, when I do I take pretty much the same stuff as jetn'

hog

RC Qualifier
    I run my boats off my cruiser so I have all the supplies on board. My boat has a generator so I always have power to charge my batteries. My chase boat is a 10 ft. Zodiac with a 9.9 H.P. outboard so I can quickly retrieve the Spartan in the event of a crash.

RC Champion
    I live in the country and have to drive 35 miles to the San Diego boat pond... So I almost bring the garage with me to go RC boating.

It always seems to be "murphys law" If I bring it I won't need it and vice versa.

When we go, which is every two weeks, we spend all day from about 10 am to 6pm.
    I have 22 3s batteries and 16 2s all of which have to be charged 2 days prior to boating day.
    I bring a Honda 2000 watt generator, power supply and two 4 port chargers to keep up with charging requirements.
    I have large roll around tool cart with all the tools required to service the boats.
    And at least one spare part for each Spartan. No spare hull but two hatches just in case.
    Many spare props, 4 greased flex shafts, 2 stuffing tubes with liners, struts, turn fins and even one spare power tray with steering servo, ESC and motor.
    Stanless steel screw set kit, shaft grease
    Five gallons of fresh water with battery powered water pump, small air compressor to get the salt water off at days end.

I think you get the picture

We even bring a small Bar BQ on occasion...
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    I am like you too orca, I make a day out of running my boats.

For My Spartan I will bring
    4 Batteries
    Charger
    All necessary tools to take apart any part of the boat
    Extra parts, currently I only have an extra prop and an extra servo. But that is because I got the boat this morning and that's all my LHS had in stock.

For my 84' Apache:
    7 Gallons of two stroke mix that I usually go through completely
    A couple feet of fuel, and water cooling tubing.
    16 Double a batteries
    Glove for the pull starts
    Funnel for Gassing her up
    And all hardware, tools to take apart the boat and put it back together.
    A 2 Liter soda bottle that I fill with freshwater to flush the system of all saltwater
    Polishing compound
    And finally, Marine grease.

RC Champion
    Boy you go through alot of fuel in your Apache boat.... I don't have any gas powered boats yet but do have two nitro powered ones and only use about one gallon of fuel on them.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Being a ReglarDude, I can only bring the bare essentials...my Stetsal Hydraulic Modulator, my Hydro Synthetic Synchronizer, and my Retro Stimulation Analyzer.

RC Champion
    What!!!! You don't have a Flux Capacitor included in your box of HiTec essentials??? "Come on man".
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    Boy you go through alot of fuel in your Apache boat.... I don't have any gas powered boats yet but do have two nitro powered ones and only use about one gallon of fuel on them.
    Yea man! Lol it's one 1/2 gallon tank per engine, so It's a gallon every 50 minutes.

I have never had a nitro, I imagine they would be pretty efficient on fuel. The Zenoahs aren't fuel efficient especially if your running a mod and with a big bore carb. You should get a gas boat! They are awesome!

RC Champion
    You sure consume alot of fuel in your boat... I have two 1/5 scale rc vehicles and they hold less than a pint of fuel ea and I get just over 30 minutes of run time on each of them.. Mine are powered by 29cc Zenoahs, but enough said here as not the thread to discuss this.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    I'm capable only to carry a maximum of 3.

My tools for my shoulder with the engine & Batteries

A rescue rig on my Left Hand, everything were inside the bag with those detachable pipes

And of course my Spartan on the Right Hand with the old styrofoam box LOL!

Here is the load
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-28-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Content

RC Racer
    it s a big 3 !!
    Don t Go Fast if you are out of Control !!!!

RC Racer
    When i go to the shore , i bring a tool box , another box that carry my batteries , a fish pole and my Boat with the boat stand , a chair , my transmitter ( lol one time i forgot and have to return Home ).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzee View Post
    When i go to the shore , i bring a tool box , another box that carry my batteries , a fish pole and my Boat with the boat stand , a chair , my transmitter ( lol one time i forgot and have to return Home ).
    That's funny! It's like carrying a Bullet without the Gun!
    It happens to me 2x as well, from then I learned and with this totes & case I'll never forget a piece.

RC Racer
    Yes i like your tool case that carry your batteries too , all in a same box !

RC Champion
    What is the level in your tool box used for? making sure the water is level?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    hum good question !!!

RC Qualifier
    Level is use for adjusting the strut, there is an angle bar & digital caliper behind the tools,
    Procedure
    1. Put the level at the bottom middle of the hull.
    2. Then at the bottom of the levelling put the angle bar, there you go accurate measurement of your strut angle.

RC Racer
    you are more technical than me , i adjust it by eyes ! ( i can say that in english )

RC Qualifier
    Everything I do, is done by measurement for accurate result.
    Guessing is no way, for example a 2L bottle of coke, It doesn't mean that if you fill it up to the top it would be exactly 2lts. You know what I'm saying. No More No Less.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgemoulic View Post
    Everything I do, is done by measurement for accurate result.
    Guessing is no way, for example a 2L bottle of coke, It doesn't mean that if you fill it up to the top it would be exactly 2lts. You know what I'm saying. No More No Less.
    yes i know what you mean !!

RC Qualifier
    Banzee it was a nice weather this weekend, did a couple of run on my Spartan, no strong air to deal with but a bit chilly 5c & glassy water, I didn't take a chance to film it nor measure the speed, just enjoying the day. P 220 & x642 no heat issue, Hope you have a good time too.

RC Racer
    Yes , yesterday i got some appointements , and i played with my ken block wr8 , no film and no boat , but i m just asking me that i will have to find better batteries for next year !! The purple rain one are not good enough for the spartan !

RC Qualifier
    I have an ERBE & Slash 4x4 any batteries will work well on those but if I use it on my Spartan it will be more hotter, I have 4 types of battery the last I bought is only for the Spartan 40c-90c burst, I haven't try it probably next year.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgemoulic View Post
    I have an ERBE & Slash 4x4 any batteries will work well on those but if I use it on my Spartan it will be more hotter, I have 4 types of battery the last I bought is only for the Spartan 40c-90c burst, I haven't try it probably next year.
    But i got two 3s 8400 mah 40c - 80c burst , but i think it s not the best one !! for next year , i ll check for traxxas one but the are all 25c ??? !! they are lighter than the purple rain one !!!
    Last edited by Banzee; 11-19-2012 at 09:09 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Well batteries differ on its capacity, depends on the manufacturing the Traxxas 5000mah 3S 25c had the exact C rating but this will be killed by the spartan, I have another battery which is the same 3s 5000mah but 40-90c burst, when you compare it to the Traxxas battery it was a bit bigger & heavier. Although I haven't try it on my boat, I run it with my ERBE and the performance is very good.

RC Racer
    I will check for something more powerful during the winter , i just want to be sure that it will handle the boat . For my e revo and other rc truck , got no problem , but the spartan ....... it s another world !