RC Racer

New tires! install help

Hey guys

got my desperado 1/2 offset and trencher X's.

The tires don't have a little ridge they have a flat surface to glue onto which is different than what im use too.... whats the best way to approach this?

A. The tires don't fit my hex's, my hex's are the platinum revo ones or something

b. Im taping, should i do 1 solid strip down the middle or two rows ?

RC poster
    Those tires as you can see are of a typical Pro Line design for heavy duty use which is the same as the 6.9 inch Trenchers and they are much more resistant to sidewall tearing at the bead...so yes they will not fit any standard Traxxas rim. I just got my Trencher X's with the same rims you have last weekend. Just make sure the grooves are clean and use the straw for your glue to force it down in and under the bottom lip of the tire and slowly make your way around each side in the same fashion. Definitely use 2 rows of banding or tape. Good luck, hope this helps.

RC Racer
    I've been working with it and it looks like the foams are almost too wide and push the bead out

hexs dont fit are the 14 mm or 17 mm Hubs??
    shove all that foam in it will go, do you have the correct beads??
    taping tires

post #30
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4908845

&

post #130
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5177829
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Yea i realized that the little stars fit into the 17mm hex's, i'm just retarded because my other rims fit perfect and these just kinda sit there and are perfect hexagons

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdude4051 View Post
    Yea i realized that the little stars fit into the 17mm hex's, i'm just retarded because my other rims fit perfect and these just kinda sit there and are perfect hexagons
    haha. Its ok. If you use Gorilla tape, you can get away with one strip of the 3" wide version - and wrap 2-3x around. If you're using the standard 1 7/8" wide tape, use 2 strips side by side, overlapping centers.

As GN said, use all the foam and just shove it in. And no, I'm not gonna make a reference from The Office. lol