RC poster

Help with wider tires on a Slayer Pro

I want to put wider "larger" tires on my new slayer to help in the roll over department .Can some one please give me some advice on the subject .I did a search and found some interesting ideas the only problem is that Im brand new to the nitro scene and dont quite understand some of the terminoligy used . Please tell me all the parts needed with part #'s included so I can look them up on the internet as a refreance . Thanks in advance.Btw I have all ready ordered the sway bar kit .

RC Competitor
    we can not give you exact references since much of it becomes personal preference. What I can tell you is that there are 17mm hex and 23 mm hex buggy/truggy wheels. after deciding on a hex, you will need to change the 14mm hex on your current vehicle. This is in reference to the size of the nut the wheel rim sits on. you will need to also consider re-gearing for the extra load on the engine, more traction = needs more power. What I did when I started looking at different wheel/tire/hex/beadlock combinations I went to pro-lines website and started reading what they had available.

Also, this is a bit to get through, but has tons of information to help you decide what your preference may be.
    http://users.telenet.be/elvo/
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

You can also lower it by adding suspension travel limiters to the inside of the shock body. I am running a set of the blue bumpers from outside the shock on the inside under the piston.
    Dropped my E-SlayerPro4x4 down a nice bit and it is happily stable and the traction roll has all but gone away. It will hook on pavement once in a while and blow over, but in dirt or grass not gonna happen. Im actually thinking of adding a pushrod spacer as well to pull it down a touch more.

For example

You could try some wideners as well (such as the +6mm offset 17mm hubs from Integy), but that will just lead to extra body rub.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

The sway bar kit really helps alot, same with thicker shock oil. Stiffer springs really help too. The sway bar part number is TRA5998. http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...FWlxQgodHWkA2Q Good luck!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 11-08-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    If you wanna use thicker shock oil and a bigger spring, make sure to drill out the shock piston.

RC poster
    What wieght shock oil should I use? Also what spring set ?Sway kit has been ordered.

RC Qualifier
    shock setup depends on where u run your slayer.. if u stiffen everything up and run on rough terrain its gonna suck..stiff is good for the street tho and high speed passes. the thicker the oil the slower the rebound..try different set ups thin oil stiff springs, thin oil stock springs, thick oil stock springs, its all what u like to run
    Last edited by Ckeithnitro; 11-09-2012 at 06:43 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    shock setup depends on where u run your slayer.. if u stiffen everything up and run on rough terrain its gonna suck..stiff is good for the street tho and high speed passes. the thicker the oil the slower the rebound..try different set ups thin oil stiff springs, thin oil stock springs, thick oil stock springs, its all what u like to run
    I too absolutely love to just experiment, since it really does come down to your driving style/ability. if you want a good idea of a "basic" set up, check pit pass, slayer set up. it gives a good basic set up. if you want a more thorough "book" on setting up your suspension, check this out.

http://users.telenet.be/elvo/