RC Enthusiast

Fast Waterproof E-Maxx.

Hey Guys I want to know what I can use for a waterproof brushless motor in an e maxx along with an waterproof esc for brushless motor NOTHING FROM CASTLE!!! Also what are some cool upgrades i can get and how much speed is a good idea and what parts break easily i also do not want to use lipo. Shooting for above 65MPH.

RC Qualifier
    It's going to be near impossible to reach 65MPH without using lipos... otherwise that's ALOT of NIMH batteries..
    Never trust a fart.

RC Enthusiast
    I was thinking of going with the tacon 2150kv brushless motor dual and dual hobbywing ezrun wpsc8 escs with dual 8 cell NiMh Good idea or bad.

I don't think NiMh is going to be able to handle the amperage load...
    Not without going for a very expensive well matched racing NiMh pack or single matched cells and building your own.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

i dont think nimh will get you to reach no more than 45mph more less 65mph maybe you can when the nimh explode but without going lipo you get see that anytime soon sorry even with the combo you mention which i know first hand the WPSC8 and know a few running Tacon 2150kv motor and they are seeing 50+ but with lipos. even with aggressive gearing with nimh's you still wont see it only the batteries will overheat and be too dangerous.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    My first electric car was a Traxxas 4-Tec, which at the time was considered a 'fast' RTR at about 23 MPH; the only way to hit high speeds was with a low-wind motor and a bunch of heavy NiMH cells. Part of the reason high-speed electrics are so common today is battery technology has delivered high voltage, high current cells in a lightweight, compact package. An E-Maxx won't reliably run the speeds you want on NiMH.

Are there any hard-case, sealed LiPos which are water-proof, or at least water-resistant?

RC Champion
    Not really, but you can waterproof them yourself. To reach 65 mph you would have to be geared 20/54, which is very high for that tacon motor, and especially if you are running nimh. and 18 cell nimh is way heavier than 6s lipo, plus you have to find odd places to put the extra 4 cells, so you throw the balance of the truck off.

Plus, when you run nimh in water, you can destroy them just like lipos, so I wouldnt go nimh just for the waterproofness. Water rusts the cans and destroys the connections between cells.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Qualifier
    I think you should wait to get a new castle because look what I found on big squid rc. http://www.bigsquidrc.com/castle-says-lets-get-wet/

RC Enthusiast

Nimh

I always run my NiMh in snow and water and i was gonna gear 29/40

RC Enthusiast
    I think i ll wait for the castle wet thing sounds like. Its good

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I think that is a project that traxxas is working on! I hope traxxas makes a waterproof EMBE or a ERBE that would be sick! 60 mph in the snow! that would be awesome! i think i will be buying this for my emaxx!

RC Enthusiast
    Same Here vwbug

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Traxxas View Post
    I think i ll wait for the castle wet thing sounds like. Its good
    On your first post you said "nothing from castle" what don't you like about castle?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    I dont like castle because they rnt waterproof but i like the waterproof thing

RC Enthusiast
    My R/Cs Like Snow

RC Qualifier
    castle is giving us what we want!!! http://www.castlecreations.com/produ..._monster2.html