RC Qualifier

To wait or not to wait...

I wish Traxxas would give us more details. Before they announced the QR-1, I was already considering getting the Blade MQX quadcopter. I love everything I have that is Traxxas, and would like to get their quadcopter offering but I don't know if I want to wait to get one when I could just order the MQX now.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    You can go by my saying, "You can NEVER have too many RC's"
    65 mph E-Revo on 6s
    70 mph Stampede on 3s

RC Champion
    well, the MQX is alot bigger and the renamed Traxxas QR1 is only available in Europe at the present.

RC Qualifier
    Hahah, well said Charger, but unfortunately, you can have too little money

As far as the size goes, I like the smaller size of the QR-1, and the way it looks, and of course it's cheaper, but right now availability is hard to pass up for me.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

An mQX is more than twice the size of the QR-1. I think the QR-1 is a nice indoor machine while the mQX is more useful outdoors.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Racer
    Mqx will still suffer outdoors. Itll take a little wind but not alot. The size is nice, on both if them. Good for indoors

Quads can handle much more wind than normal helis. I was surprised in the beginning how much that differs. I bet the QR-1 can take more wind than the DR-1. But with that size and weight, I would prefer indoor use and outdoor only when there is no wind.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    See, one of the big reasons I want the QR-1 is because of the size. I will probably use it mostly indoors when I can't go outside to use my trucks. The MQX will probably do fine inside, but it might take more room to maneuver. I just wish Traxxas would tell us more. Didn't they have a release date on the Rally as soon as it was announced?
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    I went ahead and bought one. I don't have a quad yet. I'll be using it when it is too scorching hot outside to mess with my trucks or planes.
    I'm the guy driving on the left side of the road.

I cant wait to get my hands on a QR-1 the weather in the uk is nasty and all my trucks have been cleaned and are ready to rock but need the QR-1 for the house when i am bored...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    I've got a QR-1 on order but I went ahead and ordered a Hubsan X4. Received it in three days off ebay for those in a hurry. Seems pretty stable indoors.