RC Qualifier

What are the Differencew Between a 2.5 and 3.3 exactly?

Besides the obvious the 3.3 is larger I am curious as far as Block, Bearings, Crank.
    I assume the Sleeve and Piston is larger and that the Stroke and Rod sizes are the same is that correct?
    what Parts are interchangeable between the 2 Engines? The Carbs and Exhaust are interchangeable right?
    I am curious as I recieved my 2.5 with one of the Polished Tuned Pipes rather then the Black composite one and I have some extra Parts that go to the 2.5 Engine like 2 Cranks, I think the Pistons and wrist pins are toast though but rods may be ok along with a couple heads etc.
    I just hate the idea of having these extra Items laying around and not knowing if they can be used or not.
    I understand if the Rods and Wrist pins are not recommended to be reused but I would think that Cranks, blocks, and Bearings (if they are in good shape and have not lost there sealing ability) should be able to be reused.
    What is the opinion on this? Is it better to just get everything new and Recycle these parts or are these items that are re useable?

RC Qualifier
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Qualifier
    The crank case is the same, but a bigger bore, for the bigger piston and sleeve. The bearings are the same, carb,and rod. . The heads are different. So you can not turn a 2.5 crank case into a 3.3 or vice verse. Looked at the exploded views and they use different crank shafts as well. Hope this helps
    Last edited by westoakmech; 11-07-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

The only thing that is different between the 2.5 and the 3.3 is, the size of the piston/sleeve, block size, engine bearing size, crank size, and a larger cooling head on the 3.3. Besides that, nothing else is different. Even the carb is the same.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the great info, Ya I was reading later on after I posted this about the Carb Topic and how people were getting much better power from the 3.3 by running a larger carb. Which makes alot of sense as a bigger engine would move more air etc.
    Quite interesting post actually