who has the proline powerstrokes and is willing to do some measuring for me?

ok so i would like to make duel rate shocks for my slash. im not going to bother spend the money on the prolines when after either buying just there spring assortment or modifying some other springs i can accomplish the same thing. the only thing better about the proline shock is that it has a 3.5mm shaft instead of a 3mm shaft. and a threaded body for people who dont like the preload spacers. i just need someone to measure something for me so i know if the proline springs will fit or if i need to look elsewhere.

what is the inside diameter of there springs?
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    The helpers and mains are both 16.2mm ID, and between 18.75mm and 19.65mm OD, depending on wire gauge.

The helpers are 18mm high, fronts are 42mm, and rears are 57mm.

They are much, much bigger ID than Traxxas or Losi springs-- a Traxxas spring will easily fit inside a PowerStroke spring. You would need to use the ProLine spring cups and upper collars as well.

ok, thanks for the info. there goes that plan then. ill just just losi springs cut to certain lengths and make my own then.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Good luck. Cut springs change in rate, and you won't have a flattened and ground end on the spring anymore. I would advisesearching around for some soft sedan springs to use as helpers if you're dead-set on going that route. A two-spring setup is essentially a progressive setup, and I want nothing to do with that business.

yeah they get stiffer when you cut them. im not dead set on cutting up springs but you get the idea of what im talking about. and adding 2 springs together isnt a progressive really. its a duel rate. its 2 directly different spring rates where as a progressive spring changes from one rate to another gradually.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Spring-Shocks
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    But you have to tune and spring them as you would with progressives. The springs do not operate independently of one another. I tuned an LCG Slash with PowerStrokes, and I would wish it upon no one. The choice of which helper spring to with which main spring was just blind guessing. It went against everything I know about spring tuning. The truck was very smooth and responsive once set up, but not appreciably better than a properly tuned single spring setup. I still look at the dual-spring setups as a gimmick.

ok another question about the proline shocks!!!!

i was looking at the universal mounting kit from proline for the power stroke shocks so i could get the all the way through mounting. i want it because i lost a mounting screw today. but heres my question. is the hole on the shock cap the same diamater and thickness as a stock cap? i need to know for a near future purchase.
    Drag It!

bump

still looking for an answer if the powerstroke top mounting hole is the same size as a stock shock or not............... anyone?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Yes, it's the same. As to the PL shock mounting kit, there was one installed on the LCG Slash on which I tuned the Powerstrokes. Every one of the screws in that kit was broken within 6 months of use. Just get a bag of TRA2952. 1/4 the cost, and they hold up a lot better.

all im finding when i search that is batteries
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Because I dyslexified it. TRA2592.

Traxxas M3x40 button head screws

ahhh lol, its ok. so now if i get those are they intended to go all the way through then? what do i do about mounting the shock then? is there some kind of insert i use? since normally what the shock rides on is part of the stock bolt.

got any pics installed by chance?
    Drag It!

ok, so what do i do about the part the shock rides on? is there a sleeve kit or something?
    Drag It!

once again......... anyone have any insight on a sleve or something to put over the bolt for the cap to ride on of the shocks?
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    front.
    INCLUDES: Six Primary (short) Springs
    Two Yellow Meduim Springs
    Two Blue Super Soft Springs
    Two Red Firm
    (two green soft) *
    Six Secondary (long) Springs
    Two Green Soft Springs
    Two Red Firm Springs
    (two Yellow medium) *

REQUIRES: Installation on shocks
    SPECS: Short Springs Long Springs
    Outer Diameter: 19mm (0.75") Outer Diameter: 19mm (0.75")
    Inner Diameter: 16mm (0.63") Inner Diameter: 16mm (0.63")
    Thickness: 1mm (0.04") Thickness: 1mm (0.04")
    Length: 18mm (0.71") Length: 42mm (1.65") Total = 2.36in. 60mm

rear

INCLUDES: Six Primary (short) Springs
    Two Yellow Meduim Springs
    Two Red Firm
    (two Green soft) *
    Six Secondary (long) Springs
    Two Green Soft Springs
    Two Red Firm Springs
    (two Yellow Medium) *

* is the standard spring setup sold installed on shocks *
    @!@#$%^&*()+<>?":

RC Racer
    I had a couple pieces of rubber grommets left over from a servo package, and I fit on over the end of a stainless m3 oval head screw on the rears. The power strokes wont fit over the plasic standoff parts on the stock rear shock tower.
    @!@#$%^&*()+<>?":

thanks for the detailed answer.

im looking for a way to have a bolt go all the way through the tower now with a nut on the other side so it wont back off like it just did. the part number posted above is for the bolts, but is there a standoff made for this? or what?

thats the answer im needing to know right now lol.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier

Screw->washer->bodymount->shock tower->shock->little plastic bushing->locknut

Sitting on the right-hand side of the body mount, you will see a little stepped plastic bushing. Every Traxxas vehicle equipped with Ultras comes with 4 of these in the parts bag along with the preload clips and tools. This is their purpose. Available separately? No idea. I have a bunch of them, and they all get used. Those shoulder screws that hold the shocks on from the factory are simply awful.

ahhhhhhhh thank you Dr., this is exactly what i was looking for. now i know what i need to do! thanks for the helpful answeres to my questions from everyone once again. now i know what i need to order to make my rig a little better step by step.

and to be honest of all my traxxas vehicles ive had this is the first time ive ever had a problem with that perticular screw.

eventually this thing will stop breaking so much if i keep upgrading it........ atleast that my theory lol
    Drag It!