Thread: JATO Advice

RC poster

JATO Advice

Fairly new to the nitro RC world. Recently got a Revo 3.3 and am loving it. Already addicted. I mainly just drive around my yard and on our dirt road and just have fun with it jumping ditch banks and such. I've been thinking of adding another vehicle to the collection so while one cools down I could still have something else or if one is down for repairs I still got another. How do you guy who have the Jato like it for such use? Will the 2wd be allot different driving to master/use? Doesn't look like the stock tires would do good in ''off road'' environment, do they?

RC Qualifier
    if you want a jato that is off road capable you will need different tires,not sure exactly which tires but the anacondas slip in the dirt and grass.great for steet tho. although the revo is still going to get alot more grip cause the 4x4. good luck!
    Matthew 19:26

The Jato is mostly on road, but you can use in off road too, but it's not very good. Sure is quick as heck though!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    I have a jato and a slayer. I love them both, and have them set up for different purposes. I am rebuilding my slayer currently for better track handling. My jato on the other hand sticks mostly to asphalt, but it handles very well. My friend got a Jato used, it was set up as the off road, but the slayer could still run faster off road, and more comfortably.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC poster
    Good info guys. As most of my driving will be off road I think maybe the JATO isnt' the best choice.

RC Racer
    Get a Hyper 7, I got one as a basher and its great.

RC Competitor
    A good secondary nitro for off road, Tmaxx is always a good choice. First nitro I owned.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC Enthusiast
    I would go a Revo over a Tmaxx personally. I have both and the Tmaxx is delegated to my son.