RC Enthusiast

New guy introduction

Hey guys! I am new to the 4x4 forum and have posted a few times to the 2wd forum. My name is Keith and I bought my 9 yr old son the 2wd Stampede for his birthday in September. After playing with him and his new truck I was hooked and really wished I had one. I had built a Parma '59 corvette when i was a kid, but hadn't messed around with RCs in a long time. Things have sure changed!

I began watching CL and found a 4wd that I picked up. It was pretty dirty, but came with trenchers on desperados, 2 7cell nimh, one venom 3s lipo, new unpainted jconcept pickup body, and a dynamite ultrasport passport charger.

I finally got a chance to take it out 2 weekends ago with my son. Just after putting the second pack in, I jumped the stairs and slammed into the handrail, shearing shock guard screws and bending the shock shaft. (I can no longer give my son greif for doing the same thing with his)

So, I picked up some RPM A-arms and TiNi shafts to repair the truck. This past weekend I tore the whole thing down and completely cleaned and relubed the truck. I also lowered the body mounts.

I am terrible about taking pictures during the process (I just get so excited to get it done, I do the work without the pictures) Here are a few that I did manage to take. I can't wait to get it out again and have some fun with my son. Good thing these things are waterproof these days, now that it is time for it to rain until August around here.

RC Qualifier
    What's that white thing on ur servo in the 3rd pic?

RC Qualifier
    I zoomed in, its a body post spacer. Sure looks like it's on the servo though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Nice clean truck man and welcome to the family and if you get stuck just yell....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Welcome. You'll find tons of helpful and friendly people here that are always quick with tips, tricks and advice.

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forums. You have a nice looking truck too! You will find lots of great and experineced folks here willing to help!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Competitor
    nice find, now get a new front bumper and get it dirty again

RC Enthusiast
    I went to my LHS yesterday to pick up an RPM bumper, but they only had the 2wd version. Going to call a few other stores today.

RC Enthusiast
    Check out the T-Bone-Racing front bumper!

RC Competitor
    yes tbone or rpm, both are great at saving your a-arms for when you forget to stop before hitting a curb or tree or something else that is stationary