RC Racer

O.S 21tm on the way

Well I finally purchased the new engine for my Revo & also an ST Racing (STRC) 3 shoe clutch & 40mm flywheel kit, can't wait till it gets here, although will probably take a few weeks.
    Just need a couple of new CB bearings now but have plenty of time to get them before the engine arrives.
    Will give me time to go over the Revo & stick some threadlock on some of the screws that have worked loose as I haven't done that yet, just been re tightening them.
    Anyone got any advice about the engine & what set up I should go for with diff/trans oils & suspension, I want it to handle as good as it can & jump well to. I have put heavier springs on it, (silver fr & blue rear) but not changed oil from new. Everything is stock atm but will do more upgrades after I have the engine in & running properly.
    I will be using the standard 14/38 gearing that came on the 3.3, the standard wide ratio trans & running 20% nitro with 12% oil.
    Is there anything else I should know, like mods to throttle linkage if needed or mods n parts needed for easy start fitment. Tiger drive will probably be added later on.
    Thanks for any help. I can see this is going to be an on going project,lol.
    Last edited by ozziii; 11-05-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Qualifier
    The ez-start will bolt right up. Your linkage will be fine too. I had a OS 18TM in mine. It is a great engine. I was running 16/38 gears in mine and it would pull wheelies on demand. The 21tm will be my next engine. What pipe are you gonna use?
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Racer
    So I might be better off going with a 15t clutch bell instead of the 14t with the 21tm. Might see if I can find a CB with bearings on ebay somewhere.
    The engine comes with the exhaust manifold so atm I'm just going to use the Traxxas resonator pipe that came with the Revo then when I can I will get a better exhaust, want to stick with the rear exhaust though & was thinking this one might be good if it suits the O.S engine.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390415321...84.m1438.l2649

RC Qualifier
    The ths is a good exhaust. I have the hard coated one on my Jato. You will definitely notice a difference.

RC Racer
    So that exhaust will fit & suit the O.S engine then, I wasn't sure if it only suited the 3.3 exhaust outlet of if it fits all engines around that size.
    This is the clutch & flywheel I have coming

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230867041...84.m1438.l2649

I have been told the standard Traxxas CB will fit without a problem so if I get a 15t CB with bearing for a 3.3 then it should fit without any issues, I was just looking at this one

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230523606...84.m1438.l2649

Do you think this will be right, it doesn't say its for Revo but doe's say it suits the 3.3, or do you know of a better option that will suit the clutch & Revo. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    That clutch bell won't work in for the jato. The pitch is the 0.8 the Revo is 1.0 pitch.
    http://buy.traxxas.com/images/products/5215.jpg
    Last edited by Jersey Jato; 11-06-2012 at 12:19 AM.

RC Racer
    Thats weird, I thought the pitch would be the same considering Traxxas make them both, didn't think the would change the gear pitch from 1 rc to another, & considering the use the same engine.
    Maybe its just easier to grab a couple of quality clutch bearings & worry about CB's later on.

RC Qualifier
    Heres a vid of my revo with an os21tm 16/36 clutch and spur traxxas single chamber pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsvybWx7ReE&feature=plcp
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    I watched that vid the other day, it certaianly goes alright, likes to lift the wheels with that gearing to.
    I see you have a few vids on youtube showing the break in you done so I subscribed & will check them out to.