Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Question Traxxas Link 2.4 GHz TX and RX Plug Uses?

I noticed on my 2218X Receiver there is a Male Plug location on the side of the Receivers Box and I noticed on the Traxxas Link 2.4GHz Transmitter in the battery compartment there is the same style Male plug in (it is located next to 4 Battery Holder in the battery compartment).
    I am curious as to what the Uses are for these plugs as I have not been able to find anything in the manuals etc.
    If you do not know what I am talking about I can get a Picture of the TX but I have the RX Box all waterproofed so I would rather not open that if possible.
    I bought the Traxxas Link TX 2.4GHZ Separately as I received a TQ3 with my T-Maxx 3.3 Upgraded Truck so it originally did not come with a Traxxas Link 2.4 GHz TX and RX but I thought a 2.4GHz TX and RX would be a much better Setup with of course a whole bunch of upgraded features.

RC Champion
    I believe that is for telemetry.

RC Qualifier
    Oh so my Traxxas Link 2.4ghz radio is capable of connecting to a Iphone or Ipod Touch and Displaying the Telemetry?
    I thought that was only available on the TQI Systems,Since I have that Plastic Support post and the TQI Does not have that I did not think a Ipod or Iphone would be able to attach to the transmitter.
    Maybe I should read some Manuals etc on how teh telemetry works then.
    Speaking of telemetry I am curious how many people use it and how do people like it or can you really even pay attention to telemetry while trying to operate the vehicle?
    I Personally have a hard enough time driving my T-Maxx period let alone having something else to look at besides the truck 50% out of control lol.
    Still very much a Green Horn as far as RC vehicles and especially Nitro Powered.
    But I can say I am very Very Impressed with the Traxxas T-Maxx I have and actually everything si far that has anything to do with Traxxas, it has to be the coolest (toy) I have ever had, I use (TOY) Quite loosly as it is quite a bit more then just a Toy but I do not know exactly what I should call it or exactly what catagory it would fall under, Maybe High Performance Adult Hobby Product