Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release date

RC Qualifier

Release date

What's the est date these will be available.
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Qualifier
    Very interested in a release date as well, would like one for Christmas but I'm not going to buy one until I've seen reviews from real customers.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, it almost seems like they rushed to tell us they were going to release them. No specifics, no release date. Didn't they have a release date for the new Rally as soon as they announced it?
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    On Facebook just saw they said mid December, hopefully we get a date soon as that would put it at just a month away.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm waiting to see some videos to get an idea for their size.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    There are some videos on youtube of similar sized and styled quads and man, they are impressive. I like that it can be flown indoors without problems but can also fly outside in mild conditions.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Cool, had no idea these were coming out. Well, been struggling trying to figure out what to get the boy for Xmas. Got him a few things already, looks like I will get him one of these for Xmas, the Heli, not the quad or w/e lol. Assuming they are out in time for Xmas.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    I will get the quad I think. The dual rotor helis don't appeal to me. I want a single top rotor and a tail rotor if I got a scale one. The quad is more of a neat novelty and I would think very stable
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Qualifier
    I'm gonna get the quad as long as it gets decent reviews. I've had a dual coaxial before and hated. Really hard to set all the controls so it hovers any kind of breeze outside blew it away and was too big to really play with indoors. The cx was just slightly bigger than the one traxxas is making.

I have not heard anything from Traxxas but my LHS tells me they expect them early December.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I have not heard anything from Traxxas but my LHS tells me they expect them early December.
    +1 Us poor mos are not in the loop to such information... I'm not even going to try to guess,,, but it sure sounds like a nice "Stocking Stuffer" to me.... (boy I hope my wife reads this)...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    +1 Us poor mos are not in the loop to such information... I'm not even going to try to guess,,, but it sure sounds like a nice "Stocking Stuffer" to me.... (boy I hope my wife reads this)...
    You poor mods should get one from Traxxas in your stockings for all that hard work
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    I hope they are out before Xmas... I have one on pre order hoping to give it to my son. He has been asking for an Air Hog heli and I didnt want to buy him something that cant be repaired when he crashes it... He will already have a E Revo under the tree and he will be really suprised if he gets a Traxxas heli too... Fingers crossed for a very Traxxas Xmas
    No Limit RC of Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    You poor mods should get one from Traxxas in your stockings for all that hard work
    All we get are "pre-compressed" diamonds.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    All we get are "pre-compressed" diamonds.
    Cool. Diamonds are forever! Not sure if that also goes for pre-compressed ones tho...

RC Racer
    I placed one on backorder thru Great Planes already so when come out I will have one at our hobbyshop to fly around. Its a nice gift for around Christmas time.

RC Qualifier
    I saw an add that said it would be available mid December and saw that Traxxas also comented on a post on their Facebook page saying they would be availble in mid December... Fingers crossed my pre order through Amain Hobbies gets here before Xmas...
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Enthusiast
    I am looking forward to it coming out before Xmas. If so I know I want my wife to pick me up one, and I might pick up one or two for my boys...

Calling out the moderating staff for doing what they have been directed to do is not necessary nor appreciated.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-22-2012 at 06:41 AM.

RC Qualifier
    puppet, you can see the size under products if you scroll all the way down there is a persons hand to show the size of them
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    They already get to have fancy avi's
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    So was told by my lhs that they thought they were going to be getting them Dec. 2nd. Which is a sunday so not sure.

Mid December is the only info that is currently available on the expected availability date.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Qualifier
    As of now the main page says now shipping.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Qualifier
    Tower Hobbies switched their status from "Order Pending" to "Late November". It can't get much later in November... heh heh.
    I'm the guy driving on the left side of the road.

RC poster
    My LHS is saying they are receiving a batch dec 5th and they check the status of the order every day. Just right around the corner!

RC Enthusiast
    Tower Hobbies as them in stock.Thinking about getting one of these little birds. The qr1 that is.
    Last edited by dirtnaround; 11-29-2012 at 06:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtnaround View Post
    Tower Hobbies as them in stock.Thinking about getting one of these little birds. The qr1 that is.
    Yep! Checked my account and: "Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse"

Hmm. As far as I can tell no single Dutch LHS has them. I could get one from Tower... but $67.51 for shipping.... nah.

RC Champion
    just order the red/black qr-1 from tower hobbies!!! my first heli

RC Qualifier
    Just curious... but why hasn't Traxxas released any video's of the QR-1? They had video's of pretty much every other applications online before they were released.

I really am curious as to how well these perform. I'm eventually going to build a custom quad copter... but I figured I'd try the QR-1 out for learning purposes.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Qualifier
    And now...

The following were shipped from our Champaign, Illinois distribution center on 30-Nov-2012

TRAE62RL Traxxas QR-1 Quad-Rotor Helicopter RTF Red/Black

So it is a waiting game again for me as I don't know how they sent it. Maybe I'll get tracking info, maybe I won't. They haven't sent me an e-mail yet. In any case, it's on its way to my house.

Someone in this forum should have one by the middle of next week at the latest!

There is an indoor flying club here that flies Wednesday evenings, so I suspect mine will arrive on Thursday, of course.

RC Qualifier
    I forgot I ordered one but it shipped haha
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

Amain says in stock tomorrow 12/01/12
    I'm thinking i may just have to grab a QR-1 if they do pop into stock.

Need something to play with inside during the winter. I can only wrench so much without driving my other stuff.

orrrrr not. they still flag as cant ship internationally... guess i'll wait for the LHS to get them.
    Last edited by Cameron; 11-30-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Tried to order one today but tower can only ship them via UPS to canada and its going to cost $50 after the $9.99 discount... thats just stupid. So im going to try and have one shipped to a friend in the US and have him forward it to me. If I have it shipped to him, the shipping will be free, so ill only have to pay to have it forwarded, which would cost the same as what tower would charger, so it wont cost any more, just take longer.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I jumped the gun earlier today and ordered one from Tower today. If you spend more than $100 you get free shipping. I was in such a rush that I didnt want to miss the shipping cut off for the day so i didnt get the discount because i couldnt think of $13of parts to order. Its scheduled to arrive
    Dec 5-7th. On a side note, theyve got qr1s on ebay for $79 shipped.

I really hope Im not disappointed with the qr1. Ive always been very impressed with all of my other traxxas vehicles.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

Thanks for the tip anthony... just bought a blue one on e-bay for $100 shipped... which is the same as what I would have paid from tower anyway.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyV View Post
    I jumped the gun earlier today and ordered one from Tower today. If you spend more than $100 you get free shipping. I was in such a rush that I didnt want to miss the shipping cut off for the day so i didnt get the discount because i couldnt think of $13of parts to order. Its scheduled to arrive
    Dec 5-7th. On a side note, theyve got qr1s on ebay for $79 shipped.

I really hope Im not disappointed with the qr1. Ive always been very impressed with all of my other traxxas vehicles.
    ebay, yes they do and one of those numbskulls lists 1 ship option to Canada at $103... yeeeeaah NO.

$103... It's $114 to canada. A full $100 more than the only other guy selling them. Way to be competitive eh... NOT!
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

hehe, i'll just wait till i see one sitting in @ great hobbies. Saddest thing about that is omnimodels is one of my regular chop shops for stuff. Not anymore if they are gonna start doing that kind of stuff.

At least they (great hobbies) show them as on order, unlike the rally... (which blows my mind, they finally put the rally on the website but no mention of ordering them yet)

RC poster
    Well, I ordered a blue one yesterday from Tower. Can't wait to get it.

Due to arrive on Wed. How convenient. I am off that day.