RC poster

Carbon Fiber Chassis

I just scored this Carbon Fiber Chassis

As you can see in my other thread ---> http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...re....-My-Jato I keep it looking great. but still play hard somewhat. I like smaller jumps. reaching max 10ft. Don't race it yet. Unless a class pops up that runs these in this area. So far not cause it's all short course, Buggies, or truggies. It has the OS Max 18TM that is wicked powerful. I am conflicted on what to do with this. Should I move everything over to this and run it. or will I bust it the first time I go out? One person told me that I should only use this type of chassis to race. Although I don't see much difference in playing around in the yard or dirt area vs. running hard on a track competing against other trucks banging around. Anyone have experience running in anyway with a carbon chassis?

Looks really cool! It sure looks fragile though... I would be careful how you drive it, who knows how that thing will hold up to a hard crash, or flip...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Champion
    idk that seems sort of like it would be a really good ejato chassis, it seems like it was built for it anyway especially with those tabs in the middle on either side.
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

RC Racer
    How much did u get it for if u dont mind me asking

RC Competitor
    what do the ties in the middle do?
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC Racer
    I think there for support

Man it looks sweet i want one now were did u get it
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-06-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: post merge

RC poster
    Ebay, won it for $32 and $17 shipping.

RC Champion
    wow that is a really good deal. it also has the moto rmount for an electric motor so you might want to use that, i have an ejato and it is pretty epic
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I almost put a bid on that. I was watching it closely. Nice score

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by guardog View Post
    I almost put a bid on that. I was watching it closely. Nice score

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    I know carbon fiber is strong and light weight but as a chassis? I am scared that the first time you hit something or flip it the carbon fiber is goingto crack and splinter. Don't know if you have ever seen what happens to carbon fiber hoods in a car accident but its not pretty. I know my aluminum chassis is all scratched and scarred from striking rocks and so forth, I don't know how this will fair in those situations. I don't think I would use this for anything but a smooth street racer. Don't get me wrong, it looks sweet.

RC poster
    Got it all together on the new Carbon Chassis. Wrecked it pretty hard several times just to see. If I broke it I wasn't going to get at all down hearted. Heck all the other parts are way worth the $32. So far so good. Actually seams stronger than the aluminum. It's very think so there are several layers of carbon.

nice! but,
    keep eyes on your engine temp, CF chassis does not transfer nitro engine heat as good as alum chassis and, don't let the CF chassis get melt.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.