Thread: feeler thread

RC Racer

feeler thread

hello all, I have a p4de with a slash chassis now on it...since it started out life as a p4de figured i would start here. wanting to sell to get a summit, or even trade for one, but want to know what you guys thought it would be worth. now, what it has...like i said, now has the slash 4x4 chassis on it...along with, slash front and rear bumpers, taped trenchers, big bore shocks, mip cvds front and rear, proline protrac, aluminum hexes, front and rear swaybars, rpm hub carriers, aluminum steering knuckles, traxxas aluminum motor mount, traxxas speed sensor, tqi with docking station, traxxas aluminum motor plate, all bearing replaced with avid rc ceramic bearings, and castle mmp with 2400kv. esc is mounted with the snappy mount and 2400kv has a fan from my old 3800kv. i think thats all, may have missed a few things, but thats it in a nut shell...truck runs great, motor has always been monitored with a temp gun and never gotten hot. geared 54tooth spur and 18tooth pinion...runs about 51mph. tell me what you guys think...thanks

RC Champion
    post up a picture or two...condition will effect value more than what you have on it.
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 11-05-2012 at 12:36 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    I thought the stampede 4x4 and the slash 4x4 had the same chassis - what am I missing here?
    Chassis are different, pede is shorter, and narrower than the slash.

Quote Originally Posted by kspec4 View Post
    hello all, I have a p4de with a slash chassis now on it...since it started out life as a p4de figured i would start here. wanting to sell to get a summit, or even trade for one, but want to know what you guys thought it would be worth. now, what it has...like i said, now has the slash 4x4 chassis on it...along with, slash front and rear bumpers, taped trenchers, big bore shocks, mip cvds front and rear, proline protrac, aluminum hexes, front and rear swaybars, rpm hub carriers, aluminum steering knuckles, traxxas aluminum motor mount, traxxas speed sensor, tqi with docking station, traxxas aluminum motor plate, all bearing replaced with avid rc ceramic bearings, and castle mmp with 2400kv. esc is mounted with the snappy mount and 2400kv has a fan from my old 3800kv. i think thats all, may have missed a few things, but thats it in a nut shell...truck runs great, motor has always been monitored with a temp gun and never gotten hot. geared 54tooth spur and 18tooth pinion...runs about 51mph. tell me what you guys think...thanks
    I'll say 400-450 some pics might help.

RC Racer
    here are the pics

Are you including the Pede chassis?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    no longer have it, traded it off awhile back...

RC Racer
    oh yea...also has all screws changed from a rc screw set

RC Qualifier
    i have built a few truck just like your and your alittle high at 700, useally on rc anything in good shape is about half

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    To help you get top dollar for your rig. I'd suggest clean it up & make it presentable. Not saying yours is really dirty but a little bit of elbow grease and inspecting bearings and such while you are there will help you make some extra money off the truck. Also the market at the time will be the determining factor. If it is flooding with nicer looking trucks you wil get hit hard and possibly low balled.

You have a bunch of goodies on there that will help you over others. Plus its a nice looking setup.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    thanks all for your input...i did clean it up, all bearings are clean and diffs are freshly greased. took it apart about a week ago, then got it a little dusty lol. as far as price, i dont need to sell it. it would be nice to sell to get a summitt, but i dont need to. im very happy with it, and if i dont get my asking price, no big deal. it still has a nice home and always puts a smile on my face.

Keep it and buy a summit then you have the best of both worlds Happy days......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    i have thought of that, but dang, i already have 3 to keep up with a fourth would be to much lol

There is no such thing as to many man its just not enough hours in a day....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!