RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was driving along and all of a sudden my summit just stopped, it still turns, but wont drive unless I give it a push start. as long as it doesnt come to a complete stop its ok. but if it stops I have to physically push it to get it going..... Whats goin on??????

RC Racer
    Customer support is open give them a call...

RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke
    i was hoping someone here would be a little more helpful

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Brushed or brushless?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    brushless all stock

What is the voltage of your batteries?

RC Racer
    i tried all three of my nimh batteries, checked charge with 2 diff. chargers to make sure they are fully charged. dont think its the batteries, once it gets going it will run to top speed normally, until u stop. u can hear the motor trying to do something when it stops, but it doesnt move. No funny smells, no heat issues.....

How many runs?
    Have you ever maintained the motor?

RC Racer
    its a few months old, prob. 50 -60 runs. maintained the motor???? um.... no.... thats prob not good huh??? honestly im kinda new at this, I didnteven know u were supposed to maintain the motor.... How would I go about maintaining my motor???........................ p.s. I dont have an owners manual...

Owners manuals are available for download in the download section of your RC.

The motor should have been cleaned and oiled every so often, 10-15 runs or so. More often if ran harder or in dirty conditions.
    It is possible that the bearings have started to seize... my suggestion is to take the motor out and clean it up and oil the bearings... with oil... not WD40 or some other solvent... actual oil.

Also, just because a charge says the pack is fully charged *even multiple chargers* does not mean it is a healthy, fully charged pack.
    It is time to pull out a multimeter and check actual pack voltage when taken straight off the charger stating that it is fully charged. Be sure to note the temperature of the pack as you are testing voltage.
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 11-05-2012 at 04:42 PM.

RC Racer
    should I wait till the batteries are room temp. b4 I check voltage?
    what type oil, like engine oil 5w-30 or like rc shock oil???

No need to wait to check voltage. It would actually be better to check as soon as they are done charging.

Machine oil is best, but a drop of 5/30 will work.
    Shock oil will not.

RC Racer
    ok, tried my batteries in my buddys rc, they run his slash fine. I pulled my motor apart, there was a little surface rust on the bearings but they still turn fine. I cleaned em up and oiled them. still have same issue. Tried to talk my buddy into swapin motors or speed controllers but hes afraid ill fry his componants, so thats not an option......im lost.... this is agravating

Does the motor accelerate out of the RC?
    Also, just because it turns ok at less than 1 RPM does not mean it is not fighting the resistance of rust scarred bearings at 30,000 RPM.

RC Racer
    can u get new bearings? or do u have to get a new motor???

RC Enthusiast
    I've got this problem sometimes too.

I'm not confident its the motor. Everything seems to be okay with it. I noticed right off the hop when I plug my new batteries in, this will happen, but after I've had the chance to run it for a min, everything works as normal. There's absolutely no rolling resistance when the car is powered down

Also, if I don't give it a bump start and just try to use the throttle for 8 or 10 little pulls, the esc will warm up quickly.

Usually reverse ends up working before forward drive does.

Maybe a little more info will help someone narrow in on the issue?? haha

RC Racer
    Does yours seem need to warm up some times? like when you first turn it on it doesnt seem to want to go at full steam for the first minute or two? then it does fine. I forgot to mention I noticed that about two weeks ago. Now im having this new issue, sounds like you and I are haveing the exact same prob. with the push start.....

Could be the ESC.... it is not the strongest to begin with.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm thinking you're right. I'll probably send mine in soon and buy the cheap replacement. Either that or buy a replacement off HK. I've heard they're good..

RC Racer
    i was looking into the got2gorc.cm motor esc combo for 122 bucks. ive heard good things about it and its not crazy expensive.

I have a ********* 60 amp and a 380 sized 4370kv motor in my Revo...
    paid less than $60 for the combo with a program card shipped to my door.

RC Racer
    seriously???? do u think that combo is better (besides price) than the got2gorc setup???

I cannot say which is better or worse... I only own one of them. lol
    I can say that I only have one complaint; I wish the ESC was waterproof.
    It has all the speed I want and doesn't overheat on 2S. Might not on 3S if I geared properly... but my 3S runs are for all out speed so I gear it pretty heavy.

RC Enthusiast
    Shoot its pretty critical that I have a waterproof ESC. There's wet/snow for half the year, so I don't want to put my RC out of commission on those days.

Did you have any luck waterproofing your ESC?

I never tried.
    Hobbywing has a few ESC's out that are waterproof/resistant. Maybe that route would be best?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfarmer13 View Post
    i was looking into the got2gorc.cm motor esc combo for 122 bucks. ive heard good things about it and its not crazy expensive.
    I have the got2gorc setup. It rips pretty powerful handles 3s no.problem and is water resistant. Can handle splashes but not dunks in.the pool!

RC Enthusiast
    This mini summit is getting to expensive to keep on the road. Makes me want to just go get a full size summit or ERBE