RC Enthusiast

3.3 brushless project with e-maxx transmission

hello.
    i have converted my 3.3 revo to brushless and so far i really enjoy the project and the power of the car at 4s lipo!
    i am thinking of continue the project and next step maybe is change the transmission and motor mount for complete e-maxx transmission.

who have done this here on the forum and can send me any links or pictures?

also it works better compare to direct conversion using stock 3.3 transmission?

greetings to all!!

RC Champion
    I found something here.

Good luck

RC Champion
    im going to do this soon but to a 2.5
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

RC poster
    you could do the same with the e revo tranny, I have seen it done. Also either one of those transmissions will be much more solid compared to the revo tranny

RC poster
    this should have all the info you need http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11048

RC Enthusiast
    thankīs for all tips and i have already look to that threads on rc monster and other forums, but and in here there is anyone with pictures of one conversion with emaxx tranny?

RC Champion
    well from what i have noticed test fitting it in my 2.5 you will probably need a plate to attach the tranny to and then attach that plate to the chassis. You wont be able to get the holes to have places on the chassis to screw into if you dont

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    your 3.3 tranny can withstand the power of BL if you do what i did to mine check out my build.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Champion
    True but with going with an emaxx tranny you save space by putting the motor on top of the tranny. That is one of my reasons for doing it and then I can have batteries on both sides of the chassis to get more runtime,alot more

Isn't the Revo / Maxx trans the same.... just a diff motor mount........?
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    Yes but its a lot easier to mount the one with the emaxx plate due to space (at least on my 2.5) i should stop taking over this thread...

RC Enthusiast
    i use single 4s pack so no problem with have 2 lipos instead one!
    for what i have check so far the old emaxx transmission gives a more stable fixing to the chassis that the new e-maxx one.
    and with e-maxx transmission you reduce weight and flex cause by stock nitro motor mount location.

if i get a good price one from old e-maxx i would buy it, the newer one i really donīt like how it fixes on the revo chassis....

greetings to all and thankīs and you can continue to give me your toughts!!

RC Enthusiast
    heelo again. finally i go forward with my project and on the last week i mount the 3903 e-maxx transmission on my revo conversion.
    it took many hours to think and mesure and adapt the transmission to the chassis but my goal always was to look as clean as possible and funcional.
    with 2 addtional holes on the chassis i was able to secure transmission and the only dremmel i made on the chassis was for the huge 68t spur gear of the e-maxx fit on the chassis.

some pics:

with 2 pieces of 3mm of carbon fiber i was able to lock transmission to the chassis and use revo 3.3 stock under gerabox skid plate.
    now with 4 screws i can remove entire transmission with brushless motor and i also have a more responsive to the throttle truck and a less flexible brushless motor mount.
    i also was able to use e-maxx spur gera covers and it is great because they protect motor wires to touch on spur gear.
    i am using a 500 grams 4s lipo on right side of the chassis and a 328 grams motor plus a 100 grams brushless esc and a 60 grams servo on the left side soo weight is almost perfected balanced and that was another goal for the conversion!
    i great advise to try this method as results are great and more perfect than using stock 3.3 transmission.
    i am using a leopard 2700 kv 4 pole motor and a hobbywing sc8 esc and after 25 to 30 minutes runnig temperatures are great!!
    it is geared for 45 mph with 19 pinion and 62 spur gear so is a rocket.
    i have already run 5 packs 3 of them on track and on jumps car reacts incredible fast to trotthle.

thankīs and any help or question feel free to ask.

greetings from portugal

RC Enthusiast
    some more pictures with e-maxx transmission covers:

greetings from portugal

RC Qualifier
    nice truck its coming together well

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    nice truck its coming together well
    thankīs 4sdash.

RC Enthusiast
    some guys have make many questions about mounting e-maxx transmission in revo and now that i made this project and well made and mount almost no one give me feedback about it.

there is just a handfull of pep that run the 3.3 alum chassis...
    but non the less looks go to me.......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    well done my friend......great job!!!!!
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    nice job! i ordered an extra e revo chassis off ebay and they sent the 3.3 chassis instead . they are shipping the right one but told me to keep the 3.3. down the road maybe i will try your setup!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    there is just a handfull of pep that run the 3.3 alum chassis...
    but non the less looks go to me.......
    i have a couple of friends with e-revos and we have switch cars for 2 or 3 packs and all they told me that for a conversion the car runs linear and very neutral.
    for 2 packs e-revo is the way to go but for single pack with an e-revo or e-maxx transmission the car is also a beast at 4s lipo.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    well done my friend......great job!!!!!
    thankīs!!
    i like your projects too!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    nice job! i ordered an extra e revo chassis off ebay and they sent the 3.3 chassis instead . they are shipping the right one but told me to keep the 3.3. down the road maybe i will try your setup!
    you donīt loose nothing trying a different setup!!
    if you need help on anything feel free to ask me!
    is not difficult to do it and results are awesome either to bash or to race!