RC Qualifier

wheel for 17mm hex

I wish stripped hex wouldn't exist....
    I'm definitely buying 17mm hexes adapter for my pede, but I don't see many choice for the wheel.
    I saw that many had stretched their 2.8'' trenchers to fit 3.2'' RPM Revolver (I don't like them)

I love trenchers and I'm looking for 2.8'' or 3.2'' wheel with 17mm hex. What are my choices?

RC Qualifier
    None that I am aware of.

RC Qualifier
    My favorite is the Ofna MT3 Splits Wheel. You can also go with Imex Romulan if you can find them.

RC Champion
    Hey, those are my Revolvers you're talking about there!

The revolvers are convenient for the fact that you can tighten the wheel nuts with your finger to get started and then finish it up with your socket setup or 17mm tool.

The Ofna MT Splits are a full offset wheel vs the stablemaxx RPM revolver which is a 1/2 offset wheel. Ofna also makes a 3.2 inch dish that comes in white, black, yellow and orange. The dishes are what I'm running now after I noticed a few cracks in my old revolvers. The dishes are lightweight, really tuff and do a nice job of providing visual feedback as to what the wheels are doing. Getting the wheel nuts on with dishes is a little more of a pain, but nothing major really.

RC Qualifier
    I just found a list of 3.2'' wheels with 17mm hex (for 1:8 scale rc)
    but it seems that 2.8'' with 17mm hex doesn't exist.
    Alright then, thank you for the replies!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    I just found a list of 3.2'' wheels with 17mm hex (for 1:8 scale rc)
    but it seems that 2.8'' with 17mm hex doesn't exist.
    Alright then, thank you for the replies!!!!!
    No, I don't think they do make any 2.8 17mm hex wheels. I wrote them a letter about it saying there was a waiting market for them, and they're thinking about it. I like the look of the 2.8 wheel better. I have chrome Revolvers on my Pede, but I painted the very outer ring with satin black latex paint. Got the idea from the Traxxas funny car. Makes the wheels look smaller and the tires look bigger. The Revolvers hold up better with the abusive acceleration trying to keep ahead of my Doberman, and also when he catches the tire in his mouth as the truck goes flying by!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I love the mt3 splits. Wish there was a 3/4 or 1/2 offset version avail. I think the full offset is to much for the short wb of the pede. The mt3 splits are monsters when it comes to durability.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???