Thread: RPM vs Proline

RC Champion

RPM vs Proline

As far as durability goes... Which is better? I've used RPM stuff before and it flexes like crazy but won't break. How durable is a protrac kit? Any better than stock traxxas stuff? As good as RPM?
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    Protrac kit is insanely durable and not flexy like the rpm arms. Get it
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    At first, had some brittle protrac parts. They seem to have gotten the recipe right in the last couple of years.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    As durable as RPM? Because if you piece it out, RPM is the same price as the ProTrac kit.

RC Champion
    RPM has nothing on the tuning of the protrac kit. It's VERY Durable ! I have hit curbs at 40ish MPH and not snapped either the RPM cast or the Protrac Arm or the RPM Bearing carrier lol All good parts but Protrac is the best arms IMO
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    Pretty interested in what peoples opinions are with this. I have a rustler that I'm getting ready to rebuild. Used to be a street rustler until I built my flm rustler. Gonna make this one a basher. I've never had problems with my rpm arms on my stampede but decided to go with protrac arms with this build. It will probably be a mix of a small amour of aluminum, protrac arms and the rest rpm.

RC Champion
    Yeah. That was my plan. I want to build the ultimate basher. Something that pretty much WON'T break, but handles as good as possible. I just want something that isn't always broken and I don't have to worry about. I can't remember EVER seeing a Proline piece break... But I wanted a feel for what everyone else thought. Thanks guys!

I've never owned a ProTrac part so I have no first hand experience with them. That being said my son works at the LHS and they sell a lot of ProTrac kits and most of the guys there will try steering the customers toward the RPM parts. They tell me they get less customer returns and complaints with RPM than ProTrac.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    The only hassle I had with the protrac kit was installing it. Going from XL-5 with plastic camber links to VXL ones and adjusting from there was probably the hardest part. Other then that it's been great. I have RPM arms on my basher and Protrac kit on my STRC LCG Rusty. Both are durable but one offers better handling.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*