Thread: out side?

RC Champion

out side?

(dr-1)

hey guys thinking ..i know nothing about rc coppters sept for the big box ones... any way seeing that its a 4-ch could it be flown out side in light wind?

i should'ove brobably asked this question after they have come out but whats your guys experience with off brand 4-ch copters out side
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Typically coaxial helis this size do not like wind. I wont say you cant fly them outside but even a light breeze will play havoc with this size and style of heli. You would probably be better off with the quad copter than the DR-1 if you want to fly outside.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Typically coaxial helis this size do not like wind. I wont say you cant fly them outside but even a light breeze will play havoc with this size and style of heli. You would probably be better off with the quad copter than the DR-1 if you want to fly outside.
    Agreed, only thing goin against the quadcopter is its size... Pretty small so itll get blown around a bit due to not having much weight. Coaxials have no real way to "bite" into the wind. They just kinda float around

RC Competitor
    I've crashed my 21 inch coxial so many times because of a random breeze stream

RC Enthusiast
    Depends on the size and weight. Cause I saw a pic and it is the size of someone's hand so if its wind the helis go

RC Racer
    If you cant recognized any wind and think the air stands still, a coaxial helicopter of this size will.

Its like jem450r says it cant bite into the wind, because it cant lean forward that much. And the higher you go the less control you will have.