Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    R.I.P. Our track is gone. They plowed it under with a tractor while the city was knocking down the weeds. Oh well, I guess that means we can make a new one this fall.
    That sucks.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Man that really sucks!
    At least you had the opportunity to have your own track
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    sorry to hear man that stinks.... you guys put a lot of work into that track again sorry man but at least you enjoyed it for a little bit
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

Well, here's an update!

Me and my friends plan on rebuilding the track again now that me and one of my friend's have Slash 4x4's now. I'll post more updates and pictures as things go on.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Well, here's an update!

Me and my friends plan on rebuilding the track again now that me and one of my friend's have Slash 4x4's now. I'll post more updates and pictures as things go on.
    Sounds good! Me and my friend were building a track on his property and then he moved, maybe I can convince him to build another track on his new property....

RC Racer
    Update: as Wolfslash stated we are starting to rebuild the track! Most of the track you can still see but it has tons of weeds on it. So far we have rebuilt the first straightaway. This year we also are widening the track by about 2 feet. It should make it easier for racing! This year we also plan on changing the surface of the track.... Last year it was only useable the day after a rainstorm. (Only about once a month......) This was because it was wayyy to dusty. It was to the point you couldn't control or even see the car at all.

We have had Ideas of what to re surface the track with. So far they are 1. the field is actually growing some grass so we could just let it fill in with grass and pull the weeds... or 2. Our city is known for its super hard clay. Right by our track is the emptied out canal with pure clay. Its been sitting their for years with water soaking into it all summer. Right now its starting to dry out and is breaking into large chunks. They are really easy to pull out and move to the track. So we could place them on the track and pack them down really hard.

With the grass our concerns are that the cars will just kill the grass from constantly driving on it or that the it will over heat our cars. But if we did they clay idea and packed it down really hard would it get really dusty? I know they use clay at real tracks so what is your opinion?

We will be working on the track more today so updates and pictures are coming!
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradens Traxxas View Post
    Update: as Wolfslash stated we are starting to rebuild the track! Most of the track you can still see but it has tons of weeds on it. So far we have rebuilt the first straightaway. This year we also are widening the track by about 2 feet. It should make it easier for racing! This year we also plan on changing the surface of the track.... Last year it was only useable the day after a rainstorm. (Only about once a month......) This was because it was wayyy to dusty. It was to the point you couldn't control or even see the car at all.

We have had Ideas of what to re surface the track with. So far they are 1. the field is actually growing some grass so we could just let it fill in with grass and pull the weeds... or 2. Our city is known for its super hard clay. Right by our track is the emptied out canal with pure clay. Its been sitting their for years with water soaking into it all summer. Right now its starting to dry out and is breaking into large chunks. They are really easy to pull out and move to the track. So we could place them on the track and pack them down really hard.

With the grass our concerns are that the cars will just kill the grass from constantly driving on it or that the it will over heat our cars. But if we did they clay idea and packed it down really hard would it get really dusty? I know they use clay at real tracks so what is your opinion?

We will be working on the track more today so updates and pictures are coming!
    Just water it, a watering can and lots of gallon bottles with water in them work great.

Here the update!

As most of you can see, most of the track was grown over with weeds during the summer time. We are just starting to re surface the track in the fist pictures. Also, you can see where the hill used to be. I wish we still had the hill to stand on to see the track, but I'm just glad we still have a track left!

Last edited by Wolfslash16; 11-02-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Ok, here is the newest pictures. We are widening the track due to the fact we could have up to 10 rc cars at once driving on the track! Either way, me and my friends are super excited to drive on it again!

RC Champion
    Looking good!

RC Racer
    We got a little bit more work done today. It was 72 degrees and warm but tomorrow and Monday its going to snow! We will see how the clay hardens and dries......
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Qualifier
    Near my house there is an old sandpit where somebody dug a foundation for a house but never poured cement. Its SO much fun with dirtbikes and snowmobiles, and I really want to get the RC's up there but its a miles walk so I don't know if thats going to happen. Your track was really nice, I'm sorry to hear that it got plowed over, I chould build a track with my RC buddy at my house.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

Slight update...

We are going to work on our track some more today, and we are hoping to get as much as we can done. Also, we are looking to change some parts of our track, for example get rid of the bridge, and put something else in it's place. We have no idea what add, does any one have some ideas?

RC Champion
    Just put in a high launch low distance ramp to ramp jump. Steeper entry angle and steep landing area. Will slow driver's down and make for more fun with people who launch the ramp rather than slow roll it.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Update!

We are really making progress, and we almost done! We have been working all day and night, no joke. The moon is so bright that we can keep working in the dark without any lights untill about 10:00 at night!

Right where the shovel is in this picture is going to be filled in with dirt to make a table top jump.

RC Enthusiast
    Lately I've been helping them too. I'm a brother of one of the friends. I'm the one in the green shirt.

RC Qualifier
    Try digging an oval shaped ditch about 1' deep on the turns. It makes for an easy bank!
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    I can't believe I missed this thread!! You guys this track is AWESOME!! Very nice job. And even after it got torn down you built it back up. Way to go!

Is it lasting through the winter?
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

Ya, it survives the winter quite well. We still need to finish it, it got too cold before we got a chance.

RC Champion
    Well awesome! I might have to come up there in the spring and help you guys finish it up. I've always wanted to drive my sl4sh on a track.

RC Enthusiast
    Looking Good

RC Enthusiast
    It's been really fun working on it. I can't wait until the snow melts so that we can finish it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Raptor View Post
    It's been really fun working on it. I can't wait until the snow melts so that we can finish it.
    How much snow is covering it?

RC Qualifier
    That track would be even cooler if you could fit a couple big kickers and some nice long and tall berms.

How much snow is covering it?
    Right now I think there is about 2-3 inches at the moment. The only problem is it turns to ice from the melt freeze we get here.

RC Racer
    Well..... Google updated the imagery on google earth yesterday! It was from this summer before we expanded it but.........it made it to google earth!!!!!!
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Champion
    Right now I think there is about 2-3 inches at the moment. The only problem is it turns to ice from the melt freeze we get here.
    No melt-freeze in cali but no land to build on.... Only if you had ice melt laying around....

RC Qualifier
    This still goin on?
    8 traxxas models and counting....

Quote Originally Posted by LocatedGecko7 View Post
    This still goin on?
    Yep, we are still planning things out. It's just complete mud right now and it's still frozen in quite a few spots. We're just waiting for the weather to warm up and for the track to dry out.

May be on Earth, but not on Maps but that looks like an older photo based upon the construction of the house to the north.

The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    May be on Earth, but not on Maps but that looks like an older photo based upon the construction of the house to the north.

True, I noticed that also. I guess they update Google Earth first.

RC Enthusiast
    THE TRACK IS OFFICIALLY SNOW FREE!!! It is still muddy though.

Ok, update time! All the snow melted (as said above) and things have been drying out. We started working on it hoping to finish it before my new Teton arrives.

We finished the table top jump for the most part as of now. We will finish smoothing it out once everything dries.

We also made more progress on re surfacing the rest of the track. We the shovel is is where the pit area is going to be.

RC Qualifier
    Nice, we are working on an 1/8 scale track right now. I'll have to post some pictures once we get further along.

Well, me and my friends finally finished the track today! We also had an epic bashing/race session, but I'll save those photos/videos for monday... We now have a new problem, GOPHERS!!!

Every thing was going well as we finished the last turn, until we found a buried 5x5 ft piece of concrete....

We tried for over 2 hours to move it, but it was just too heavy. So, bring on the sledge hammer! *notice it's now dark*

Finished!

Here is the rest of the pictures. We are finished with the track for the moment, Once it's dry we are going to finish surfacing the track to get rid of bumps and rocks.

On Monday I'll post up some action shots and videos!

RC Qualifier
    First off, that's looking pretty nice, second, if I were you I think I would have left the slab and made it as a drifting corner but still that is a nice looking track

Quote Originally Posted by rcnewbie1234 View Post
    First off, that's looking pretty nice, second, if I were you I think I would have left the slab and made it as a drifting corner but still that is a nice looking track
    I dont see how that could work... It literally blocked half the track, we either had to go around it, over it, or through it.

RC Qualifier
    I dont see how that could work... It literally blocked half the track, we either had to go around it, over it, or through it.
    Ok, it looked like you could put a small ramp to it and make a hill on the side and slide through, but it's already gone so it doesn't matter

RC Champion
    Great job! It's looking awesome! Looks like a nice track to have some fun on.