Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got the mmp to go with my cm36 ! Waiting on the hr mount!

RC Qualifier
    I'll have to check that out when i get home. not allowed to watch youtube on work computers..lol...I also found one were a guy ran a slash across a pond was like 360ft or so was pretty impressive...will be taped with a go pro mounted to it or taped from land. just not sure if my buddy will be down on letting me strap his go pro to it...lol

Did you order directly from HR? I'm able to order HR through my lhs, which is nice no shipping....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I ordered it from toadz. Should be here tomorrow

Did a speed test with the castle link 9201kv!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This came in today
    I have 2 projects going don't know which to do first!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    with the small 3.25 foams i will start with 28/45 gearing on 2 cell . then i can figure out some things like motor kv under a load

Shaping up pretty good!
    Last edited by 50togo; 11-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.

RC Competitor
    Should it be a problem running it on 3s for short burst? It says max 2s, so 3s would over rev it, but the MERV is small n light, do you think it's alright?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    With our little batteries voltage will drop below 3.7v and I will test it with 2s to get an Idea of the kv under load bet its around 8500 or lower. Voltage might even go lower. 8500x3.7 x3 is 94350.
    with the eagle tree I can measure max rpm too. I am going slow as in 2 cell and not too tall 28/45 gearing and small light foams
    Last edited by 50togo; 11-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.

RC Competitor
    Cool bro, I'm following ur build closely as I can. I'm on the fence between 7300kv and 9300kv for my BB, but with a few bits left to buid my roller I'm not in a ruch. I even ran my Jato a bit.

You got the tools to give the most data, I hope you can time one of your data recorded sessions so I can analyze the results.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Worse comes to worse I can record it as its plays on my computer send it to photobucket then post it

RC Competitor
    Very nice, screen capture the playback and upload it, very interesting.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    At only 2.64 lbs without batteries this merv is going to rip!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    having problems
    on acceleration it cuts out like not enough voltage. on one run ran good and eagle tree showed voltage drop to 6.2 volts but when it was cutting out it wasn't too low.new esc and new motor might put the neu or 5200kv in to see if it clears up.
    any ideas?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    having problems
    on acceleration it cuts out like not enough voltage. on one run ran good and eagle tree showed voltage drop to 6.2 volts but when it was cutting out it wasn't too low.new esc and new motor might put the neu or 5200kv in to see if it clears up.
    any ideas?
    It sounds like the same thing i was talking with you about before but it's with my SV2 and big blocks only. Is the ESC light changing when it cuts out?
    Last edited by airmaxx23; 11-09-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Qualifier
    I had the same issue with my 5700kv first pack or two . But ran it today again and it seems to have cleared up. Cant say i never really notice if the lights on my mmp changing or anything.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    only cuts out when i hit the throttle from a roll . if i rev it up while holding it everything is normal
    i am going to charge up one of my spc 5400 50c and try it just to rule battery problems out. it did drop to 6.2v
    Last edited by 50togo; 11-09-2012 at 07:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a cold solder joint to me. Had that happen to me when I was workin on my losi micro "pan" build. I'd rev just fine in the air but as soon as it was on the ground I couldn't get past 1/8 throttle before it'd cut out. Was one of the motor leads on the esc. Just had to heat them with the iron and all was good afterwords.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    something to check!
    i don't know messing around out front(which isn't easy-small street with cars parked on both sides) i got up to 35 then drove down and back up did it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    something to check!
    i don't know messing around out front(which isn't easy-small street with cars parked on both sides) i got up to 35 then drove down and back up did it

RC Champion
    Mine does it with the tires off the ground, but it only does it with big blocks and not my 1110/1y.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I wanted to try to rule out batteries as a problem. So put one of my spc 5400 50c batteries and took it out front.
    I did some light passes, gave it a little more didn't have a problem. Switched over to 2 1800 65/130 batteries first pass was good second pass after I got up to around 20 gave it about half throttle cut in and out.
    Stopped it and went back to the big 5400 and it cut in and out! Now I am stumped ! Resting voltage on the 5400 is 7.92 and 7.86 for the smaller batteries. Seems like when the motor and esc are around 120 degrees or when the battery voltage drops below 8 volts it acts up

RC Competitor
    Add a capacitor between the ESC battery wires, a few of the BB MERVs I checked out had acceleration issues worsening as the batteries run. Adding a capacitor smoothed out the problem.
    Last edited by SiNiST3R; 11-10-2012 at 11:57 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Any specs on one?

RC Competitor
    Gimme a bit, I'll get some for you.

Castle does make a "Cap Pack" for this type of application, but might be a lil overkill and comand too much restate under the lid.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...-cap-pack.html

You can actually grab an cap from RadioShack if it's strong enough, I'll check the single cap specs I've seen used and working on BB MERVs and pos up specs

RC Competitor
    Quoted from Castle

""CC CapPack is useful in all brushless motor applications, where it serves to give just that little boost needed to overcome ripples in the battery voltage caused by hard acceleration or long battery wires. Remember, ripple voltage is hard on an ESC, adding the CC CapPack can help reduce the load on the controller's on-board capacitors.""

Could also be worth it to analyze the wiring set up your using to see if you can shorten u the batt wires as much as possible, if not already shortened up.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i was just looking at the cap packs
    on my other merv i shortened up the wires and then ran into problems when i used the eagle tree v4 because they were so short. i will will order the cap pack and try it out .worth a try! thanks

when it runs good on 2s even with 40% punch and some throttle curve with 28/45 on dirt hawgs as soon as the power comes on it will wheelie very easily .i will run it with my 3.25 foams when i get this problem fixed

let me know on the radio shack ones too .i have one up the street

RC Competitor
    Will do, the cool thin is you can usually grab a cap from R/S for a buck, where the same thin sold for RC applications they charge 10 to 25 bucks.

Virtually all capacitors will work, just the strength that's in question, too small won't help much, but to work best you need more than what's needed.

Here is a video I found on the tube you might like

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    hard to see it but i froze it right when it turns red. thanks again

RC Competitor
    No Prob, glad to help hope this solves your problem, although I'm pretty confident it will.

In the video it's wired in through the RX, but personally I find wiring it embetween the ESC batt wires to be the best place for the cap.
    Last edited by SiNiST3R; 11-10-2012 at 01:56 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    finally came in! i will see if this helps .will test it tomorrow IF it doesn't rain!

RC Competitor
    WOW

Grabbed the Castle CapPack, eager for your results, No low voltage after that.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 11-17-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Language

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    rain all day!

RC Competitor
    crumby, but looks serious. id like to see how she goes

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    took the new erbe out to try it in the mountains and brought along the 9000 . the cap seems to solved the problem! on 2s this car runs like it is running 3 cell very fast but even with 40% punch and a mean throttle curve the front end will come up at any speed!

RC Competitor
    Can't wait to see what kind of speeds you get on your speed runs with that setup, that cap pack looks crazy though might not be a bad idea to give a try in a larger rig since my lil merv never seams to cut out wiht the novak edge2s an my novak edge 2s with the 2cell traxxas pack.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If mine didn't cut out I wouldn't use it!
    I will have to weigh the front end down and put my small foams on it

RC Racer
    keep us updated...very interested

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Who's looking for a great deal on castle! http://www.castlecreations.com/promos/black5day.html

Might grab another BB to play with 40.00! Mmp 99.00
    A mmm for the merv! I have seen it done but don't really need it! Unless you have a erbe and could use a spare
    Last edited by 50togo; 11-20-2012 at 09:57 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Yea i'm thinking i might just have to buy something, but might just be a MMM tho. lol

RC Champion
    does that motor go over the shocks? that thing might leave black marks a quarter mile long!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yep it just covers the shock bolts
    rips pretty good! i do notice the extra weight up top.rolls over easier then my small block merv