RC Qualifier

Another guy that wants to convert to brushless...

Yup; another one of these threads. (This really should be a sticky).
    So I'd like to ask you nice folks what I need to convert my 7105 brushed E-REVO to brushless using all OEM Traxxas parts. Which Velineon motor do I need? Will the Traxxas 3350X Velineon VXL-3S Brushless Power System fit?
    I will take step by step photos of the install and photos of all the needed parts so that we could make it a sticky if people wanted it.

Thanks very muchly.
    Clint.

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Well, the stock system in the VXL is the VXL3m ESC and the Velineon 380 motor. You'll likely need a new motor mount as well, though I'm not sure as I just bought the VXL. If you want to convert it entirely to the VXL you can convert the radio system, though it's really not necessary.

RC Enthusiast
    I just finished this upgrade on my 7105 to brushless:

Velineon 380BL and VXL3m esc combo, #3370
    New motor plate #7090
    New motor mount #7060
    New gear cover #7077R

When I bought all this gear, the motor/esc combo was $119 on sale. The plate, mount and gear cover cost about $20 total. I am running mine with the stock brushed 25/50 gears and nihm batteries.

RC Qualifier

MORE POWER!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    So they didn't have the parts that were mentioned above to mount my motor; but they did say that there is a 1/10 scale parts setup that I can use to mount the motor; the motor sits slightly off center when done this way; is this true? Has anyone done this?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    is that a 20c battery for 62.95 ! even for two thats expensive
    10th scale is usually big block stuff . there are aftermarket small block mounts and plates- strc and hr to name a few
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-19-2013 at 07:01 PM.

RC Racer
    You got hosed tommy... you got hosed!

Did you "power up?" If not that was foolish because the V system would have been $100.

RC Qualifier
    I did.
    I didn't pay full price for any of it; I know the guys at the store and get a discount on all purchases.
    I will buy online; but this time I had "mad money" to spend; so spend I did.
    I personally believe in supporting local business when I can; if I have a problem with anything or questions; I can talk to them face to face and they have been able to let me hold a product before I buy it and see if its what I want.
    "How do these Proline wheels look on my car? Lets try them on".

I'm willing to pay a touch more than online prices (most times) to get great service and advice in return.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's always a good idea!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    That's always a good idea!
    I do agree with you; but there is a method to my madness.

RC Racer
    I agree local bussiness is ALWAYS good. But unless you got half off your battery your could have bought two very nice batteries in it's place.

If you can swing it, local is always better. Problem is tight budgets don't let me swing extra cost very often.