Thread: Lights?

RC poster

Lights?

I have a Stampede 4X4 VXL. There is a JST plug on the ESC for adding a cooling fan.
    I have not had any problems with ESC temps, yet.

Can I use this as a power source for the lights?

Thanks for any help!

Troutbum

RC Racer
    if you get the traxxas light set it plugs into your reciever just like any other light set
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    Of course you can. Output is 6 volt.
    I did so, I bought JST connector on ebay and now I can plug two fan and LEDs.

RC poster
    Thanks for the replies!
    That's just what I am looking for. I have a bunch of lights, didn't want to buy any more, if I didn't have to.
    Will solder up a set and plug them right in.

Troutbum

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    Of course you can. Output is 6 volt.
    I did so, I bought JST connector on ebay and now I can plug two fan and LEDs.
    Got a link or part number for that harness? I've been wanting to switch to two fans and just ordered the light kit today.

RC Qualifier
    I did the wiring myself. I bought these, did a triple Y-connector and put a connector at end of each wire.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    I did the wiring myself. I bought these, did a triple Y-connector and put a connector at end of each wire.
    Thanks em,
    I saved that link and my lights should arrive in a couple of days to install. I want to install them so they're protected from a front crash. I've got an RPM bumper coming with them. I that doesn't work, I may need to get a Slash bumper as they stick out more. Picked up a pair of 500W floods on a stand at Lowe's this afternoon. Night Racing this weekend!

RC Qualifier
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    Thanks em,
    I saved that link and my lights should arrive in a couple of days to install. I want to install them so they're protected from a front crash. I've got an RPM bumper coming with them. I that doesn't work, I may need to get a Slash bumper as they stick out more. Picked up a pair of 500W floods on a stand at Lowe's this afternoon. Night Racing this weekend!
    Everything came in yesterday and I installed them and tried it out today. Now I can tell where the truck is and which way it's heading in a spinout. I just ordered a LED collar for the dog so I can see him in the shadows waiting to ambush the truck when it blows by him. The flood lights give a good amount of ambient light, and we filled the air with dirt tonight! Also, on a spin out into a stair rail, the RPM bumber did it's job and all the lights survived.

RC Competitor
    where are your pictures?