Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lights?

  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4

    Lights?

    I have a Stampede 4X4 VXL. There is a JST plug on the ESC for adding a cooling fan.
    I have not had any problems with ESC temps, yet.

    Can I use this as a power source for the lights?

    Thanks for any help!

    Troutbum

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    246
    if you get the traxxas light set it plugs into your reciever just like any other light set
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere, Québec, Canada
    Posts
    353
    Of course you can. Output is 6 volt.
    I did so, I bought JST connector on ebay and now I can plug two fan and LEDs.

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for the replies!
    That's just what I am looking for. I have a bunch of lights, didn't want to buy any more, if I didn't have to.
    Will solder up a set and plug them right in.

    Troutbum

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Salisbury, NC
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    Of course you can. Output is 6 volt.
    I did so, I bought JST connector on ebay and now I can plug two fan and LEDs.
    Got a link or part number for that harness? I've been wanting to switch to two fans and just ordered the light kit today.

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere, Québec, Canada
    Posts
    353
    I did the wiring myself. I bought these, did a triple Y-connector and put a connector at end of each wire.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Salisbury, NC
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    I did the wiring myself. I bought these, did a triple Y-connector and put a connector at end of each wire.
    Thanks em,
    I saved that link and my lights should arrive in a couple of days to install. I want to install them so they're protected from a front crash. I've got an RPM bumper coming with them. I that doesn't work, I may need to get a Slash bumper as they stick out more. Picked up a pair of 500W floods on a stand at Lowe's this afternoon. Night Racing this weekend!

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C.
    Posts
    722
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Salisbury, NC
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    Thanks em,
    I saved that link and my lights should arrive in a couple of days to install. I want to install them so they're protected from a front crash. I've got an RPM bumper coming with them. I that doesn't work, I may need to get a Slash bumper as they stick out more. Picked up a pair of 500W floods on a stand at Lowe's this afternoon. Night Racing this weekend!
    Everything came in yesterday and I installed them and tried it out today. Now I can tell where the truck is and which way it's heading in a spinout. I just ordered a LED collar for the dog so I can see him in the shadows waiting to ambush the truck when it blows by him. The flood lights give a good amount of ambient light, and we filled the air with dirt tonight! Also, on a spin out into a stair rail, the RPM bumber did it's job and all the lights survived.

  10. #10
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    57
    where are your pictures?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •