RC Qualifier

led light question...

i am doing a little project with my erbe and i want green led's really bright, two in the front and two in the rear. does anyone know a good place to get these lights? And which is better, having a on off switch or just have them on all the time? and should i go with the 9v battery setup or the straight plug in to the reciever and who sells led's already set up to put in your truck and go? sorry for all the questions at once
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    i am doing a little project with my erbe and i want green led's really bright, two in the front and two in the rear. does anyone know a good place to get these lights? And which is better, having a on off switch or just have them on all the time? and should i go with the 9v battery setup or the straight plug in to the reciever and who sells led's already set up to put in your truck and go? sorry for all the questions at once
    I've got led's on my 4 wheeler and got them at an auto parts store. They make cut to length ones to, as for power I know they don't draw very much but I would think putting them on a switch would be the best way to go so you could turn them off in the day time. And they do make green ones!
    Who needs brakes!!!!

RC Champion
    originally i had the 3racing led system, Decided i want brighter and more, I changed the leds already thats used to much brighter and bought the little plugs to plug into the controller box. Much happier with the new leds, I bought the leds from an auto shop.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    i built a servo switch to control on/off for my leds from the remote channel 3. i currently run 12 leds and a fan off of it and it does alright. the fan does take a few more seconds to spin up to max rpm though... so with this setup, i soldered a bunch of servo plugs and a jst bec plug for the occasional time i run into that. I run my external bec at 6.4 volts, and the summit leds are BRIGHT. I just ordered ten of the prewired 5mm 6 volt leds from ebay to give me more power, because this is just not enough.

To make the switch:
    1.remove the servo case, gears and motor carefully. do not damage the pcb board or your project is done.
    2.Either: center the potentiometer with the lights hooked up to the +/- on the servo board, when they go out it is centered (very hard position to find but it is there). Or solder 2x 2.2ohm resistors in it's place.
    3.solder on your connector of choice
    4.wrap in something. I originally used electrical tape, but I now use single cell lipo heat shrink. It was 3.00 for 20 pieces. just be careful when shrinking it, do two quick passes with a lighter or it will melt through.
    5.(optional) I had an old receiver case and this fit in it perfectly, so i ca glued it the plug for the second motor slot on the transmission plate. it could also go on top of you other receiver box if you wish.

This is just what I did, and would be happy to make one for anyone if they pay for supplies, and shipping.

I will try to find a picture and upload it.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Qualifier
    does anyone know how i can mount led's if i don't have the plugs that they come with to mount them to the body?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    does anyone know how i can mount led's if i don't have the plugs that they come with to mount them to the body?
    I just used super glue on my 4 wheeler and has held for over a year.
    Who needs brakes!!!!

RC Qualifier
    just cut the holes in the body so that it slides through but only to the lip at the bottom of the led?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Money pit View Post
    i built a servo switch to control on/off for my leds from the remote channel 3. i currently run 12 leds and a fan off of it and it does alright. the fan does take a few more seconds to spin up to max rpm though... so with this setup, i soldered a bunch of servo plugs and a jst bec plug for the occasional time i run into that. I run my external bec at 6.4 volts, and the summit leds are BRIGHT. I just ordered ten of the prewired 5mm 6 volt leds from ebay to give me more power, because this is just not enough.

To make the switch:
    1.remove the servo case, gears and motor carefully. do not damage the pcb board or your project is done.
    2.Either: center the potentiometer with the lights hooked up to the +/- on the servo board, when they go out it is centered (very hard position to find but it is there). Or solder 2x 2.2ohm resistors in it's place.
    3.solder on your connector of choice
    4.wrap in something. I originally used electrical tape, but I now use single cell lipo heat shrink. It was 3.00 for 20 pieces. just be careful when shrinking it, do two quick passes with a lighter or it will melt through.
    5.(optional) I had an old receiver case and this fit in it perfectly, so i ca glued it the plug for the second motor slot on the transmission plate. it could also go on top of you other receiver box if you wish.

This is just what I did, and would be happy to make one for anyone if they pay for supplies, and shipping.

I will try to find a picture and upload it.
    or you could buy this
    http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/heyrcsw1.htm
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    how does that thing work? you just sauder all them to the posts?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    you solder all your leds into a Reciever Plug, and plug that into the HeyOk Harness (Red to red, Black to black) and it works via the 3rd channel on your Tx/Rx
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    i have never soldered before, is there somewhere i can get one cheap?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    could i solder the positive and negative to this?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    anyone? never soldered before
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Champion
    You can buy plugs with wires that fit on that, or take it from an unused toy, Have you adapted that, because the fitting is a 9V fitting, but you only have two AA's.Or can you buy them like that I've seen the AA to D cell adaptor but not the PP3 9V.
    So if it originally held 6AA's then the bottom won't be connected together and you won't get nothing from it.
    I'm not to sure if you could solder it. But if you have a go take the batteries out.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Qualifier
    @afol2524
    That is a good option also, but most of us have useless old servos that just sit there, and this is a good way to use them.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!