questions for those that have run the trencher x tires.

ok so one of my stock tires is ripped.............

i glued it back together with what is supposed to be like the best of the best tire glue to my understanding. but i want to upgrade eventually anyway. im looking at possibly getting trencher x tires. what i know so far is that they handle good and provide lots of traction in gravel, dirt, grass pavement ect.

but here is my questions. how do they handle on sand? how do they handle on snow? im asking this because im wondering if i would need paddles still in the winter and sand conditons? the sand conditons would also be quickly mixed with gravel, dirt, and mud within feet from eachother.

also should i go with the 2.2/3.0 sc tire size or should i go up to the 2.8 size tire? if i go up to 2.8 then how do i know which offset i need?

one size says jato front, nitro stampede, and rustler front

another says jato rear, nitro stampede, and rustler rear, electric stampede and ruster front

and then the last size says electric stampede and rustler rear

so which ones do i need for the front? which ones for the back?
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I have 2.2/3.0 I've gone threw 2 sets now. I love the soft compound but they wore out fast. The medium compound doesn't hook up as well as the soft but way better than stock. They climb sand dues well but will stall out and dig in on super soft sand. They won't do snow at all. The 2.8 might be better for snow.

ok, good to know. the sand area where i run is mostly a little harder sand i think cus everything else around it is all clay type i think. but its back in a quarry not like out on the beach.

for snow im allergic to the cold (litterly not joking) so there wont be a whole lot of that.

if the medium compound gets better traction then stock and lasts longer then im happy. plus they look sweet lol.

i was thinking about the 2.8's to get more of the MT theme going on for me. but not sure yet lol. and i figured with more ground clearance i could go over/through more with the 2wd.
    Drag It!

another thing im wondering is how well these tires would stay attached to a beadlock wheel and running on 2s lipo?

glueing tires is annoying lol
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    They should be alright on 2s. But probably not 3.

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

hmmm ok, they will be taped as well just for reference. but i may just glue to regular wheels because there cheap for the most part. and i could boil them to change the tires as well if i need to reuse them.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I run mine on beads with 3s but they are taped and siliconed.

No glue.
    Last edited by geeves; 11-03-2012 at 07:52 PM.

what do you mean by and siliconed exactly?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Go to a auto parts store and get silicone gasket maker or a huge tube of 100% silicone caulk.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdodge44150 View Post
    Go to a auto parts store and get silicone gasket maker or a huge tube of 100% silicone caulk.
    i dont want it to dry into a solid diff though, thats the thing man. if so i would just get a spool lol
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    i dont want it to dry into a solid diff though, thats the thing man. if so i would just get a spool lol
    This is a thread about tires and geeves said siliconed which you silicone the tire on the bead then put the beadlock ring on makes it stay on better.

ow wow........... fail on my part lol. i have another thread about transmission rebuild right now talking about diff fluids........ i was tired when i put that last reply thats my fault lol. but i didnt know what else to do with silicone lol.

ive heard of people using some sandpaper as well to on the bead lock part.
    Drag It!

heres a little demo of the type of sand i would be running on if i was. theres a big mud pit at the bottom of the hill to

Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    2.2/3.0 would tear that up nice. Just buy the split six beads. Do not sand them they have little plastic spies to hold the beads. Sanding them would possibly wreck them. On 2s you only need to strap the rear tires. 3s strap and silicone. Nice vid

no sanding involved. i was told something about just putting sandpaper in there when you bolt it down to make it hold better. but thanks on the vid man.

i was thinking about the stampede size to get more clearance for other terrain though
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Your call, I would person all only use pede tires in soft terrian. Not needed IMO on hard pack, your just creating more heat for little benifit.. the do look better on the truck.

Sorry touch pad s acting up tonight. Typin a bit off.

yeah i want to run in softer terrain than i do now. but i dont have enough ground clearance with the stockers, which is why i mostly run on road right now. i might just go for the stock size though because i dont want to change body either lol. i forgot about that part originally lol
    Drag It!