RC Qualifier

Question how durable is it

based of this vid, i want one. but is it that fragile like the durability montage showed. 5:39
    Last edited by f687s; 11-02-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

Now that's funny!

11lb truck @20~30mph getting slammed shock tower first into the tracks hard dirt jump face, yup it's gonna break.

11lb truck @30/35mph in a prolonged cartwheel, yup your gonna break something.

That's some of the worst driving I've seen in a while.

My 0.02$, get some aluminum bulkheads & chassis braces & some RPM wear plates to go over the skids & you have a pretty though truck.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    HAHA that was funny! I totally agree with you wild man! its common sense jang of coarse when it cartwheels like 300 times its going to break DUH. But that was not a fair review im NOT going to go to a perfectly groomed track, and crash as badly and as repeatedly and drive it as crappy as he was doing he11 no. The maxx is NOT meant to be brought to a groomed track let alone a track. The maxx is meant for bashing and off road. The only track it should go to is a bmx track for some hardcore jumps! But if he upgrades it with stuff like rpm and aluminum bulks he will love it! O and one last thing about that crappy review. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHiHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I think ive mad my point. HAHAHAH Who agrees??
    Last edited by vwbug; 11-02-2012 at 06:49 PM.

RC Champion
    Ya, the maxx is a pretty tough truck, but you have to relize that you are paying $400 for a 11.1lb MONSTER truck that moves at ~25mph. As AOD said, "Pick 2 of 3: power, durability, cheap" The maxx is pretty powerful and pretty cheap, considering what it costs to make it super-durable.

Ive only broken minor things with mine, and ive run it alot. RPM works wonders, and you can upgrade the other parts as they break. BTW, stock batteries suck
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Qualifier
    i think jang is a bit too strict about the rc cars, i read RC car action (any one else does?) and THEY make nicer reviews on traxxas cars. ok, here is by far my fav review of him ( off topic of e-maxx though). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gOS3SfX8bk
    Last edited by f687s; 11-02-2012 at 08:05 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by f687s View Post
    i think jang is a bit too strict about the rc cars, i read RC car action (any one else does?) and THEY make nicer reviews on traxxas cars. ok, here is by far my fav review of him ( off topic of e-maxx though). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gOS3SfX8bk
    my mistake if it is wrong to put a slash on an e-maxx forum. i WANT an e-maxx especialy for the snow that is coming soon

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You do realize that Jang is driving them that way on purpose... he is actually TRYING to break them; just to see what gives first.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

yeah i've seen that vid before and others he's made and man he's a character for sure. Any truck as heavy as the maxx is going to break from landings, speed that he did i have to agree with what you guys said. On another note dude's voice bugs the heck out of me not sure why but it does and another thing for someone that reviews rc's he sure gets his words mixed and wrong alot i've noticed in over 100 vids i've seen so far and noticed. I like some of the how to vids thats about it.

My maxx has been great even though its the EMBE its been great. I've ran it in wet grass, small puddles, off roading, on road and havent broken a thing (though i havent broke anything on any rc myself lol), If your wanting the emaxx get it i dont think you will be let down and as mentioned about the upgrades those would make it more durable if you happen to break those things but wait till breaking them then upgrade because you may run the truck for like 6months or longer and not break anything who knows.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    You do realize that Jang is driving them that way on purpose... he is actually TRYING to break them; just to see what gives first.
    Exactly. The Maxx trucks are solid performers and are tons of fun. There are several things which are known to break if you push them too far but for many people under most conditions you won't have a problem.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    i agree since newbies are currently looking for an RC car and the durabity montage is a new section in the reviews honetly, his reviews are my 2nd favorite

RC Competitor
    You'll love the Emaxx if you get it, i've had mine for about 6 months now and only problem I've had was blown shock caps. But part of the hobby is breaking parts and upgrading.

RC Qualifier
    hey bob, whats up jang? wanna go break a emaxx today? sure bob, but your holding the camera...
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    hey bob, whats up jang? wanna go break a emaxx today? sure bob, but your holding the camera...
    suscribed to their channel and my account name is f687sNFM

RC Champion
    wrong post, sorry.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier

i think the e-revo suffered more now 6:42

RC Champion
    i disagree with anything form a guy who tries on purpose to wreck a rc. then says its not good enough. thats retarded.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Jang did a good review, and I remember his project cars in the early 2000s. The E-Maxx is a dated design and does have weaknesses, but it still performs exceedingly well in many capacities and holds up well if you treat it with respect; if you don't, there are upgrades available to make it nearly bullet-proof. If you love the E-Maxx design and look, there's no reason to not get one.

RC poster
    Roll cage, single best upgrade I have bought for my truck, really limits the longitudinal flex of the truck, not all of it, still has some, but really limits it, which has seemed to help out the bulkhead issues. Now I have broken a couple rear shock towers (my two worst crashes), one front lower a arm, and both a arm pins (same crash), but have beat the tar out of the truck, go big or go home kinda bashing. It really all depends on your driving style on how "fragile" the truck is.
    3903Emaxx->brushless;4wd vxl mini Digger;VXL Rusty

RC Champion
    Which cage you get?
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_cat1 View Post
    Jang did a good review, and I remember his project cars in the early 2000s. The E-Maxx is a dated design and does have weaknesses, but it still performs exceedingly well in many capacities and holds up well if you treat it with respect; if you don't, there are upgrades available to make it nearly bullet-proof. If you love the E-Maxx design and look, there's no reason to not get one.
    do you read the rcca reviews, you might like them better that jang's reviews

RC poster
    rc raven, off of ebay, there are a few different people that make them, just so long as it's one that bolts to the bumper mounts
    3903Emaxx->brushless;4wd vxl mini Digger;VXL Rusty