Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traxxas helis!

RC Champion

Traxxas helis!

Is everyone just ignoring the fact that Traxxas now sells helicopters?
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Qualifier
    They are? What any good?
    Slash rocks!!!

There are a few posts floating around... The heli's are on the product page...

Are they good? They are Traxxas....

http://traxxas.com/products/models/air/6208qr1

http://traxxas.com/products/models/air/6308dr1
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    Lol but traxxas is cars and boats to me... They are to small for my I fly 450 size helis
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Champion
    A 450 Traxxas heli would be fantastic!!!
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post

Well said Nitronaught, Traxxas makes um, they're probably pretty good. I just wish they would've made something more realistic.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Competitor
    Anyone know how much they are?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post

Are they good? They're traxxas hahaha good one... ya these are cool that USB charger is pretty interesting never seen one of those before

RC Champion
    $85 ready to fly
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Qualifier
    Rpm might jump on traxxas heli parts. Lol it would crash, bounce up then keep flying

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    cool, i been looking at helis but the 450 size, but know they started yee haa.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Champion
    I'm still amazed by the Traxxas Heli Lifetime Replacement plan. Send a heli in, in any condition and get a new one (less Tx) for half price.

RC Racer
    Eh there just walmart helis, with new stickers. Good for beginners... Replacement plan is cool tho... Goblin/SAB needs that lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    Eh there just walmart helis, with new stickers. Good for beginners... Replacement plan is cool tho... Goblin/SAB needs that lol
    Maybe, but I'd rather spend my money on something with the traxxas name than something from 'that place'

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    $85 ready to fly
    Tower just went up to $94.99 LOL Did you pick one up before they changed the price?

I'm betting they are quite a bit better than a wally world heli. I'm excited to see it now.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Wal-Mart helis? That is a pretty rude statement, lol!! I don't think you can get a 4 channel rc heli from Wally World can you? Not to mention the Traxxas support, or the nice remote that comes with it. This looks more comparable to the Blade helis, but better since the Traxxas name is on it!!!

RC Champion
    i want the quad copter. beginner i am, so thanks traxxas.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Tower says 69$ So with 20% off I may just bite!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcsally97 View Post
    Wal-Mart helis? That is a pretty rude statement, lol!! I don't think you can get a 4 channel rc heli from Wally World can you? Not to mention the Traxxas support, or the nice remote that comes with it. This looks more comparable to the Blade helis, but better since the Traxxas name is on it!!!
    I was thinking the same thing. I had to go back to the page and read it over again. It has quite a few goodies on it. What else can you ask for beside the awesome support that comes with it. So are you going to push the big button and.....B.....U....Y......IT ?????
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    Tower says 69$ So with 20% off I may just bite!!!
    That the one w/o the the Radio.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I just glanced at the price, my lhs called and asked how many I wanted and I laughed. New heli, a quad copter and a rumored 1/5 electric. I'm going to be broke. I still have some lcg for the slash 4x4 to get.

RC Racer
    Sorry, maybe a little rude, quadcopter is nice, the other one....Im into rc helis pretty big... More so then cars. A coaxial with a gyro isnt cutting edge, and can be found just about anywhere anymore... Saw some at a local lumber yard the other week. 4 ch. All metal ect. Cheap... Ive had SEVERAL of these helis, they are good beg. helis and will get you hooked for sure but isnt anything like a real heli...
    Now the quadcopter is cool, those are catching on big time, and would be the only one id be interested in.
    The replacement plan is cool, especially for lazy people... Most times when these type of helis go in, nothing major happens, maybe a blade/grip, lost dogbone links, maybe if you REALLY went in hard a tailboom(never done it to a coaxial...but could happen). Cheap stuff, easy to fix...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I had to go back to the page and read it over again. It has quite a few goodies on it. What else can you ask for beside the awesome support that comes with it. So are you going to push the big button and.....B.....U....Y......IT ?????
    I got a verbal commitment from my wife that this is more doable than the Rally. I will have to wait until Feb. though. Hope by then there will be more upgrade parts available.

Wow,
    Considering these small scaled heli's are just being announced, people are so quick to judge something they don't even have in their hands...

No,,, they are hobby grade heli's....

Taxxas doesn't make toys, they make Hobby Grade RTR RC's....

If you want to bash Taxxas products,,, your on the wrong forum....

You know how I got a reputation for knowing what I am talking about? I base my posts and opinions on my first hand knowledge, not an article, not "My buddy has one and_______ "...

The DR-1 has easy and expert modes... That would interest me.... I've had a go with another Heli,,, I was not very good with it, it was a decent model, I was going through rotors and rotor heads left right center...

I like these features for someone like me,,, No, it's not a large scaled heli, but I think for what you pay, you get....
    DR-1 Coaxial Dual-Rotor Helicopter Features:

Dual coaxial rotors
    Master stable hovering in just seconds
    Easy, Normal-Mode flying
    Fast, Expert-Mode flying
    Customizable flight modes let you choose your own settings
    High-capacity LiPo battery
    Handy USB-powered charger
    2.4GHz Transmitter eliminates frequency conflicts
    LCD Transmitter display keeps you informed
    Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
    DR-1 is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability

Now this Q-1 Quad copter... This looks up my alley,,, and again I find it's features interesting....

QR-1 Quad-Rotor Helicopter Features:

Quad-rotor thrust with digital 6-axis stabilization
    Quickly master stable hovering and flight in Normal mode
    Perform flips, snap rolls, and banking turns in Expert mode
    Customizable modes let you choose your own settings
    Two blue LEDs light the way
    Includes two high-capacity LiPo batteries
    USB-powered dual-battery charger
    2.4GHz Transmitter eliminates frequency conflicts
    LCD transmitter display keeps you informed
    Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
    QR-1 is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability

Is it for everyone? Of coarse not... My thing is still Nitro Monster trucks and Nitro Offroad in general... But this has got my interest....

To judge something you haven't even tried? Come on.......
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 11-02-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Racer
    im both mad and happy. im mad because i just bought one (450 size) and happy because my favorite rc company now sells helis

RC Racer
    Where did i say it was a buddy that had one and thats where i got my knowledge?? Im into rc helis like most of you are cars... My cars are the relaxing thing i do, i love flying 3d helicopters, thats my first rc passion...

That coaxial is a dime a dozen... Ive OWNED 5-6 of them. Look around, their all over the place, its really exploded in the last year. It all sounds spiffy on paper, but go look at them, their all the same. All have gyros, aluminum parts ect. Can call it hobby grade if you want due to the support you'll get but thats about it...

And i already agreed the only one thats worth it is the quadcopter, it looks like a mqx which i OWN, and its a blast to fly.

jem450r relax I dont think that part of NitroNaught's comment was aimed directly at you. I think that was more of a general statement that many of us who have been around awhile have seen happen time and time again. These things were just announced NO ONE has them in hand yet so let's wait and see what they are like once they are before we pass judgement on them.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I hope they plan to come out with much bigger sizes! Hopefully before I pick up my Blade 450 I'm saving for!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I hope they plan to come out with much bigger sizes! Hopefully before I pick up my Blade 450 I'm saving for!
    Exactly, Traxxas is big name rc, i wanna see a 450 size fbl heli!! That, i guess, is what id expect from a big name like traxxas.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    These things were just announced NO ONE has them in hand yet so let's wait and see what they are like once they are before we pass judgement on them.
    well said, I would also be interested in some feedback.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

Amazing step on a market that is already quite filled with very similar products.

Traxxas did a good job when it comes to the looks, but I seriously wonder if this will be a success outside the US, considering the price. The future will tell.

Anyhow: Good luck Traxxas!
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    i was thinking about getting my dad a helicopter for xmas, he probably never flew one before, which one do you think would be the best one to get for him?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    I will bet you this really shakes up the market... again. I would pretty much bet money HPI or somebody else is going to hop onboard, by making a bigger heli or something exactly the traxxas one. Of course the real heli guys are going to rage on that nooby controller but props for it being 2.4ghz, also I'm surprised traxxas didn't have the arrogance to come up with a micro traxxas connector, that should be great for dropping in aftermarket lipos. These two as a pair will very clearly define the advantages and disadvantages of quads vs. helis, same brand and same size. Also what a great time for traxxas to throw out a gift that's affordable, not everybody gets an e-revo brushless for christmas.
    I like turtles.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsally97 View Post
    A 450 Traxxas heli would be fantastic!!!
    I agree I have yet to see a 450 size quadracopter that would be sweet
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Qualifier
    This is nuts. Very exciting to see Traxxas move into a new side of RC; I'm sure they'll be fun and well-rounded packages.

RC Competitor
    the quadrocopter looks good for a beginner, but not sure about the heli, because I got a 21 inch heli with lipos and all for
    around $45 from a differnent brand

RC Racer
    Ya id go for the quadcopter, leave the coaxial on the shelf... Esp for $100.... Coaxials can be found for much cheaper...

Gentlemen please keep in mind this is the Traxxas forum and talk about other brands of RC vehicles is not allowed. Other brands may be cheaper but they do not offer the same experience or support that Traxxas is well known for.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Gentlemen please keep in mind this is the Traxxas forum and talk about other brands of RC vehicles is not allowed. Other brands may be cheaper but they do not offer the same experience or support that Traxxas is well known for.
    Without naming any brands, I wonder which experience Traxxas can use to improve the new birds to make them better than the others.
    I heard enough experiences about Traxxas support to know that it's one of the best around, but there is a limit to where it justifies the higher price.

I like Traxxas cars because I don't know of others for similar prices that have a better performance, more durability or just look better.

I hope that Traxxas is able to prove that I am wrong, but I think they will have a very hard time to conquer a place in the European market.
    Nobody is born with experience

Man I think this is a great idea. I have a $20 cheap and I'd like to try a TRX Heli.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...