Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

Just Pre-Ordered My DR-1 Heli

Oh shoot! Can I say that again?? LOL I just pre-ordered a DR-1 Heli in Blue/ White RTR. I know I know anyone in the 1/10 Rally section will say traiter to the Orange/ Black. This and the Red/ White are the only ones available (currently?). Anyways Tower has them cheaper than the advertise. It says $94.99 but when you click on it to purchase its $84.99 then minus my discount. So not to bad a deal really. I had to add a couple more goodies to the order anyways.

Oh well now I'll have a Traxxas DR-1 Heli to add to the mix....Saweeet!!!

I'm not sure what modd'n can be done to this currently or what will be out ther as this is a new arena for me Other than the cheapos you find.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    you are the MOST PRE ORDERING fool i know!!! How do you manage to get a preorder on stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    you are the MOST PRE ORDERING fool i know!!! How do you manage to get a preorder on stuff?
    LOL......wonder what kind of hopups will be available. Maybe some sort of castle system can be incorporated??? LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Nice Digger. I think my wife would be happier if I got this as opposed to the 1/10 Rally for my bday. I have to wonder what the restrictions are for outside flying? Most coaxial helis need to be flown indoors or in no wind conditions outdoors. Obviously, since we all hop up our vehicles there will need to be extensive hop ups available for the helis. Forgot to mention that the Traxxas lifetime replacement plan is AWESOME. Send it back in broke condition and get one for half price. Sweet deal!!!
    Last edited by dcsally97; 11-02-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Qualifier
    Ok, I wasn't much in on the Rally, but I've got to get one of these things!

I'm really wondering if something like the Mamba micro could be shoved in this tiny thing...

RC Champion
    Mine is preordered too! I can't wait to fly this thing around all winter inside.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dcsally97 View Post
    Nice Digger. I think my wife would be happier if I got this as opposed to the 1/10 Rally for my bday. I have to wonder what the restrictions are for outside flying? Most coaxial helis need to be flown indoors or in no wind conditions outdoors. Obviously, since we all hop up our vehicles there will need to be extensive hop ups available for the helis. Forgot to mention that the Traxxas lifetime replacement plan is AWESOME. Send it back in broke condition and get one for half price. Sweet deal!!!
    Thanks!! I've always loved heli's but havent really found anything I liked in the price range. I'm hoping this one fits the bill. The Warranty plan is awesome. Wondering if that is half the Suggested price or what?

@ DocSnake. A mamba micro would be plain awesome. Guess we shall see. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Link guys?
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

Traxxas DR-1 Heli

Tower changed the price back to $94.99. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I really want to preorder one of them, maybe the QR-1 but I might wait to see what others think first. $100 is a lot of money for me if it turns out to not be good.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Champion
    I think if I order one I am just going to enter in 'diggerpede' for a promo code LOL

Dude do you have 'auto preorder' set up in account Maybe that is a Sasquatch hand and the Heli is a lot bigger than we think!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    I think if I order one I am just going to enter in 'diggerpede' for a promo code LOL

Dude do you have 'auto preorder' set up in account Maybe that is a Sasquatch hand and the Heli is a lot bigger than we think!!
    LOLOLOL Once I read about it I hopped on over to Tower and checked it out. I noticed the price wasnt bad at $94.99 then clicked to view it and it showed $84.99. I was like $10 cheaper and tower discount it isnt a bad price at all. I also picked up a few things for the 1/10 Rally, so.....you know how that goes.

The DR-1 has nice specs on it. The QR-1 is the one that is tiny. At least thats what dimensions were shown.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    What color r u getting

Quote Originally Posted by QR-1fan101 View Post
    What color r u getting
    Blue & White
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Yay!! Order is being picked and packed at the wharehouse from TowerHobbies. I sure hope he has a blast with it. Daddy just might have to check it out first though & without wrecking into something. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Mine came today, very nice little bird. I raised the endpoints on normal and expert modes as it barly would change direction in normal mode with the stock settings. Not good for keeping control IMO, but it flies great. Did some figure 8's in the garage tonight and so far it's sweet. WE NEED MORE BATTERIES LOL !!!!!

I do have some 600's from another chopper that fit fine so I'm good for now....

RC Qualifier
    Alright a little more info, I ran the stock battery and timed the run. I set the normal rates to the max of 60 from the stock 45 and run ovals in the garage at full speed in normal mode, ran for 6 minutes before the light started flashing so not to bad on the runtime. Motors and battery were just warm so no problem with heat, flies very nice with no funny quirks. It does what you command it to do, I like it.....

RC Qualifier
    Could you explain to me how to adjust from 45 to 60? Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by c.greer View Post
    Could you explain to me how to adjust from 45 to 60? Thanks!
    Tx on then plug in the quad, hold left stick down for 3 sec until SE appears, push/release the left stick again and the rudder trim display will flash and a 45 will be displayed. Using the rudder trim buttom increase the 45 to 60 (which is max in normal mode) then push/release the left stick again and now the right stick trim display will flash and the 45 will show, again use the trim button to increase the counts to 60. Same procedure again for the other, both elevator and aileron need to be set on the right stick with their respective trim buttons. Then to save the settings again push and hold down the left stick for 3 seconds until it reverts back to the main screen. You can adjust the setting numbers to whatever you want in normal and expert modes so find your sweet spot and fly away....

RC Qualifier
    Awesome thanks. Excited to get up and flying in a couple days... just trying to get a head start considering it'll be my first 'non-land' vehicle

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by c.greer View Post
    Awesome thanks. Excited to get up and flying in a couple days... just trying to get a head start considering it'll be my first 'non-land' vehicle
    Another heads up for you, do the reset procedure before you try to fly it and make sure you do it with the quad on a known level surface otherwise if you do the reset on an unlevel surface you will create a drift and ill handling...

RC Qualifier
    Will do. That was going to be my first thing to do as soon as the batteries charge.

I got the bird early last week. I havent even opened it yet. I'll charge it up later this evening for the little kiddo first thing on Christmas Day. He's going to be so excited to get to fly it into the walls and the tree. LOL Ah well the joy of seeing the gleam on the kiddos face.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I got one for my son also! I cant wait to see the look on his face!
    No Limit RC of Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by SlashDigger View Post
    I got one for my son also! I cant wait to see the look on his face!
    Nice man. I hope to catch some pics of his face with the ole Cannon Rebel hopefully.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    How did the boy like his DR-1 Digger? Has he been flying it?
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

Oh man he loves it. I still need to get a pic up. I've been messing with it to, totally sweet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    i just ordered one today, got the red and white to match my summit lol

RC poster
    I haven't seen them nor do I know the specs of the dr-1, but a company made a twin Brushless kit for an Eflite cx2, maybe the kit could also fit on the dr-1? They seem to be about the same size. Does the dr-1 have twin 380 motors? That would be sweeeeet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 67SuperSnake View Post
    I haven't seen them nor do I know the specs of the dr-1, but a company made a twin Brushless kit for an Eflite cx2, maybe the kit could also fit on the dr-1? They seem to be about the same size. Does the dr-1 have twin 380 motors? That would be sweeeeet
    The DR is much smaller than the CX2, it does have a lot of thrust but not from 380's lol...