RC poster

My jato wont prime

HI . Today i tried to start my jato 3.3 but it never prime . Please help me . Thanks .

A nitro motor will not prime for a couple of reasons. #1 The fuel tank isn't sealed, so the "pressure" from priming just leaks out. #2 The pressure line from the exhaust to the fuel tank has a hole in it, or it's leaking somwhere. #3 You could have a air leak around the carb, like a hole in the fuel line, or a bad carb gasket, or maybe a stripped out plug or hsn seat. #4 The fuel tank lid is not on all of the way, or is has a bad O-ring. 90% of priming issues come from the engine not being sealed somwhere. A well sealed engine will prime so quick, you can barely see the fuel going through the line it's going so fast. Good luck!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    tried all of that . it never work . ive tested for leaks , there are none . do u have any more suggestions for me

Not really, what I listed is what causes priming issues... I don't think think anything else can really cause it, there just has to be a air leak some where...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    When was the last time it ran? If it's been sitting for a while, the fuel lines and carb could be gummed up from the old fuel/oil.

RC poster
    about 6months ago

It is either a pushing problem as described above or a blocking problem: clean the carb and fuel lines out.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ibs jato View Post
    about 6months ago
    Did it have fuel in it? I'd replace the fuel lines, and spray some WD-40 in the carb while turning the engine over and working the throttle.

RC Competitor
    When you put your finger over the stinger, do you start to prime, only to lose it once you remove your finger? Or does placing your finger over the stinger do nothing? just curious...
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC Qualifier
    Best idea, change fuel lines every 6 moths because the could get tiny holes in them that you can't really see. Check the fuel tank O ring on the bottom of the lid, make sure it is sealing properly and make sure everything on the engine is sealed up really good!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC poster
    I'm having the same problem. Mine only sat for about a month though. It's really almost brand new. I have only run 2 quarts of fuel through it. How much p.s.i. is too much to blow through the fuel lines while attached? I can take the line off of the tuning pipe and blow through it with my mouth, (Yummy!) and fuel shoots out of the carb. line? I'm thinking the carb. could be stopped up? Can you use regular carb. cleaner and a torch tip cleaner?
    The wife has named the new Jato "The Other Woman."

If the carb is not blocked, then it is a pushing problem which means the port on the pipe is blocked or there is an exhaust leak between the block and pipe.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If the carb is not blocked, then it is a pushing problem which means the port on the pipe is blocked or there is an exhaust leak between the block and pipe.
    Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's the carb. stopped-up. I can squirt a little fuel into it and it fires right up. After it burns that it dies without even trying to push anymore fuel out of the tank. I took the pipe off and cleaned it. It had just a little oil in the bottom of the header. Can I try cranking down my air compressor to about 15 p.s.i. and blow through the carb. without damaging it?
    The wife has named the new Jato "The Other Woman."

RC poster
    Pull the pressure line off the pipe and blow into it. U should get fuel to the carb that way. Once u get fuel to the carb try putting a few drops into the carb like u did before and start it while giving it a little throttle. If it doesn't continue running try opening up your HSN a full turn and repeat the process. If you're still not getting fuel thru something is stopped up in the carb. Btw do u have a fuel filter on it?