RC Qualifier

Picture this.........

I want to put rock crawler tires and wheels on my pede 4x4 raise the ride hightand get lights,and a realalistic jeep wrangler body,to make it look like a rc scale rock crawler like the Axeil Wraith..

do you guys think it possible, oh amd im going to build a plow.
    Stupid 50 character Limit!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    sounds good it should work. good luck
    what's up guys

You could use the Wraith tires, they are the 2.2/3.0 split. You could get an Axial SCX10 body and roll cage and mount it up.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    yes yes and yes that what i plan on doing, But will the stock axeil rims fit,Or do i need rpm wide offset rims....I think this truck will look beast and be very cool as a crawler and a basher.

I will be doing light crawling so im not locking the diffs.

RC Racer
    thank you someone else who is making a crawler out of their pede. what motor esc are you going to use. im thinking im going to use a novak 550 5.5 and a et-3s in mine. look at the hpi mx-1 body for your pede it looks cool and has a jeep look
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAXX HAWK View Post
    I want to put rock crawler tires and wheels on my pede 4x4 raise the ride hightand get lights,and a realalistic jeep wrangler body,to make it look like a rc scale rock crawler like the Axeil Wraith..

do you guys think it possible, oh amd im going to build a plow.
    Lol I'm not saying you can't do it its your car do what you want but raising the ride height won't make it a crawler but far from it. A crawler has low cg or center gravity so it can crawl. Raising the ride height will just make it tip over a lot. Also it will be stiffer so you won't have hardly and suspension travel. If I were you I would buy some internal spring crawler shocks that are longer then stock also I would buy some wheelbase exstenders this will give it a better stance and give it room to articulate. Then tires I would go with proline bead locks and some 2.2 tires. Also the motor and esc i would run a novak or tekin crawler setup or a sensored brushless system (tekin rx8 and 1800kv motor or hobbywing xerun setup). Sure you could just slap a body on there. Some tires and rims and jack up the suspension but then what? Put it on the shelf and never return or just look at it? If you build one make it functional I have seen a pede as a crawler before and it was awesome. Good luck to you!
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Qualifier
    To actually crawl really well, you will need to lock the diffs with something like silly putty. A fast brushless motor will destroy crawler tires and they are very soft. Would probably blow the tires off of beadlocks as well. You just need to do your homework, search the threads here and do a google search for Stampede ShapeShifter. If you plan it out, you should end up with something capable that you will be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    You just need to do your homework,
    This is the #1 key to it.

Here is what Jang from URC did to his 'Pede, I think it is what you are looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LAgPWcIip4

RC Qualifier
    I didn't post it because I got in trouble for mentioning that site last week.

I didn't post it because I got in trouble for mentioning that site last week.
    I thought about that, this video is answering the OP's question directly and not really highlighting that website. Also, that is a really cool series of videos, it shows have versital the Pede 4x4 really is.

RC Qualifier
    To actually crawl really well, you will need to lock the diffs with something like silly putty. A fast brushless motor will destroy crawler tires and they are very soft. Would probably blow the tires off of beadlocks as well. You just need to do your homework, search the threads here and do a google search for Stampede ShapeShifter. If you plan it out, you should end up with something capable that you will be happy with.
    That's what I said 1800kv that's what I run in my axial scx10 it rocks
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Qualifier
    Yep guys i already thought about all these things thru the week, so im not sure if i want to do this....And when i sayed raise the ride height thats not what i meant... What i meant was get more suspension travel while the shocks were still soft only thing is that i have the bigbore and they were from a slash and the front ones are short and cant go any higher, So i might put back on the stock ones.......

Oh and if i locked the diffs with silly putty would it still be able to do high speeds, Say around 30 mph..

And as for the motro and esc i just for fun put in a titan 12t with a 9t pinion but the truck was to heavy still, Also i bought axeil wraith lights and they look awsome, I made mounts.....

So i dont know if im going to go thru with it..........

RC Qualifier
    You can go as fast as you want with locked diffs but your steering radius will be reduced because all four wheels will have equal power and the rear will try to push the truck in a straight line.

RC Qualifier
    The 2.2 crawler wheels wont fit. Mine rubbed on the front steering blocks.

RC Qualifier
    Ya guys im just going to end this project.. I Guess i cant find what to do about wheels i dont like the rpm revolvers and dont want sct wheels....But just for fun i might lock the front diffs because they slip easier than the rears........And ill get some new tires or something.....OR get a axeil wraith ahhhaha....

I was being to covetous and stufff