RC Racer

summit ALWAYS broken

so I bought my summit last week and 5 min out of the box, broke the turnbuckle.. i have been to the LHS everyday this week with another broken piece. I love this thing its awesome but its always breaking. Now I know, I know "Im driving it to hard".. but Im not. At least not compared to what Ive seen other people driving them. I only just hit my first jumps today (luckily nothing broke for once). im wondering if i just got a lot of dud parts or do they really break this much?

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you got one of those lemons that happen with everything every so often. The summit is pretty durable. Would say most have trouble with the servos more than anything else, along with drive train being a real close second.
    What all do you keep breaking? How tight do you have the slipper clutch set? Give us more details and someone will be able to give you a better idea what to look for that may be creating the problem.
    But again they are pretty durable and will stand up to a lot, unless you have changed the gearing and are doing a lot of bashing which the summit is not built for. Its a very large crawler and was designed as such.
    Endeavoring to persevere !

RC Enthusiast
    If u have problems breaking cvds like me, I learnd if u install them upside down they last longer that the blue rubber part on the top closest to the chase

RC Qualifier
    Ok yeah it might be a lemon because I could sky my summits ( stock ) and get about 7 feet of air and nothing wrong...

RC Champion
    It's all in how you land, and with what throttle. You can land the same jump 100x but if you're a liitttle too far left or fowards, the impact is totally different.

IMO this isn't a jumping truck, if you take it jumping it should break. I know you don't want to hear that, but the videos you see of people jumping their stuff, it almost always breaks sooner or later. It's part of how you learn the specific car.

Granted, nothing worse than going in to the LHS every day.

RC Qualifier
    Its really strange, some people have good luck going brushless while others break bone stock. Set up is really important on the Summit ie slipper and servos. Also it's heavy and complex... drive accordingly.

There are rare exceptions but usually one must look to the driver not to the vehicle when you have a known reliable truck that constantly breaks. It is sometimes hilarious the abuse some people believe these trucks should be able to take. Note that this may very well not be the case with the OP.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Look at it this way, you have learned 5 ways NOT to drive your summit!! HAHAHAHA!!

Sorry, I couldnt resist!

I drive mine like its my brother's truck and I havent broken anything yet. Everytime I think I broke something, I search and search and dont find any damage.

STOP TRYING SO HARD TO BREAK IT......unless there is a pretty girl at the LHS and you're trying to get her #....just ask her and save the money. Wait, that will cost you more money in the long run....nevermind!

GOOD LUCK

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    It's all in how you land, and with what throttle. You can land the same jump 100x but if you're a liitttle too far left or fowards, the impact is totally different.

IMO this isn't a jumping truck, if you take it jumping it should break. I know you don't want to hear that, but the videos you see of people jumping their stuff, it almost always breaks sooner or later. It's part of how you learn the specific car.

Granted, nothing worse than going in to the LHS every day.

.......... Well I broke an a-arm... I stopped.... Lol yeah it's not a jumping truck, had to try it once or 20 times lol

RC Racer
    so far, rear left turnbuckle (abuse/new to rc), friction pad in slipper clutch (no idea how i broke that), rear right drive shaft( no idea) front bumper(abuse), and last night i went to play with it and the brush in the motor was broken!!! it was fine when i last played with it and i was nice to it... some things i understand but some are like ??? oh well i knew it was gonna be expensive lol

Please watch the *s in your posts.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-06-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Summit
    Slash
    merv x3
    savage flux xs

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeBahamut View Post
    so far, rear left turnbuckle (abuse/new to rc), friction pad in slipper clutch (no idea how i broke that), rear right drive shaft( no idea) front bumper(abuse), and last night i went to play with it and the brush in the motor was broken!!! it was fine when i last played with it and i was nice to it... some things i understand but some are like ??? oh well i knew it was gonna be expensive lol
    Friction pad: not your fault. This is the fourth, possibly fifth such occurrence I have seen and/or experienced.
    Right read shaft: fully locked diffs and one wheel stuck is my guess.
    Motor brush: motor not broken in and or overgeared. Brushes in the Titan usually fail due to excessive heat. It is not known to be a problematic motor. Are you planning to get another Titan or a Dewalt 14.4V (396505-21SV)?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-06-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    already replaced with another titan for like 30$ (i've spent like 1500+ at the LHS in i month so the owner is giving me good deals now) Im definitely gonna start taking it easier on it, im upgrading my 1/16 slash so i can bash with that

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeBahamut View Post
    already replaced with another titan for like 30$ (i've spent like 1500+ at the LHS in i month so the owner is giving me good deals now) Im definitely gonna start taking it easier on it, im upgrading my 1/16 slash so i can bash with that
    Sounds like for what you want to do, you may be better off with a Stampede 4x4. You're still going to wind up with metal axles, aluminum shocks, and VGA jumping springs, but after that they're pretty brutal and bulletproof!