Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    everyone was recomending 300k to me. i wasnt going to be racing though, but wouldnt hurt to give it a try. it even says in a spot on here somewhere (link in another thread) to use 300k. and that was for a pro slash 2wd racer. i just tried some wheel bearing grease in mine and im still not happy with how loose it is. ill deffinately be modding mine in the future or just buying a sealed diff and running much heavier oil.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    As was mentioned to me and others on another thread, try using some "Bad Horsie" grease. This stuff is very very thick and works good in the Traxxas tranny and doesn't leak out at all.

Both rear wheels in the one Slash I have it in have pretty equal traction....Doesn't free wheel as much but does give more of an equal traction to the rear end.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Name it? Its a tough one to name.

TRX Mid SL

Only thing I can think of...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    If you are wanting a grease/fluid that will let you run just before total lock (bad horsie, 300K, etc), you wont need a sealed diff. Once you open up a package of this stuff you will look at it and understand that its not going anywhere! Your only problem is going to be actually coating the little gears inside the diff, because 300K is so thick and sticky it doesn't just flow down to the bottom... You will end up like me and have planetary gears stuck to your fingers, and be cursing it trying to get it re-assembled! (Takes patience)

RC Champion
    I had the same issues applying the bad Horsie grease, I just heated the stuff with a mini torch to get it where it needed to be...
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    Put the truck through its paces today at the local construction site. The 100k diff fluid worked great. Don't think I would put 300k in it. If anything maybe 150k, but I believe the 100k would be great at the track. Unfortunately this happened.

Truck is extremely durable, can't say the same for the gears....

RC Competitor
    Cn o get exact specs on the chassis ? Like the length width and where the holes are? Thanks, I want to try to make my own!

RC Competitor
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=19854729643

Is this what you got? Looks like a start to me

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slasher73 View Post
    Cn o get exact specs on the chassis ? Like the length width and where the holes are? Thanks, I want to try to make my own!
    Any losi 8 chassis is your start point. That's the easy part. It's all the bracing and the mounts which you can't see that is the difficult part and will take the most time. I will try and measure my chassis tonight for you for length. As for all the holes, I won't be able to measure all them for you. There's no reference point to base them off of. And there's a lot of holes that need to be drilled and threaded. There's was a lot of trial and error with this project "Slash 2.8ight". I was think of starting to produce these. See if there's any interest out there. If you have any questions along the way just PM me and I will try and help you through the process. Good luck! Take pics and post them.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspengt View Post
    Any losi 8 chassis is your start point. That's the easy part. It's all the bracing and the mounts which you can't see that is the difficult part and will take the most time. I will try and measure my chassis tonight for you for length. As for all the holes, I won't be able to measure all them for you. There's no reference point to base them off of. And there's a lot of holes that need to be drilled and threaded. There's was a lot of trial and error with this project "Slash 2.8ight". I was think of starting to produce these. See if there's any interest out there. If you have any questions along the way just PM me and I will try and help you through the process. Good luck! Take pics and post them.
    Ok thanks for the help