RC Champion

Swaybars and good spring setup for bashing?

Hi guys, I just traded my Slash 2wd VXL and 1/16 Slash VXL for an ERBE. I had one a long time ago but sold it and then regretted it big time. I just plan to bash this truck but want it to handle well too. I have the Revo sway bars I stole from my Slayer that I'm selling and already put them on it. Does anyone else run these for bashing and if so do you like them? Also what's a good spring setup? Right now the truck has gold springs in front and blue rear, with P2 rockers all around. I remember on my old one I switched from the stock setup to the LT setup and didn't like it.

I haven't been able to run this one yet due to weather, but hopefully I can this weekend.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Competitor
    What sort of surfaces do you plan on running on?

RC Champion
    A lot of pavement and grass, doing some jumping with a skate board ramp. Sorry I should have said that.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Competitor
    The harder and higher traction surface you run on, the heavier spring/oil/sway set-up you'll want. You will need a heavy set-up for jumping as well. Craig seems to have all that mastered if you take a gander of his thread starting at http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5280741.

I run P3's with the TRX alu pushrods - no spacers, 80 & 65 shock oils/Silver & Blue springs front to rear, the rear sway set at the bend with the thickest bar and the front 12mm down with the thickest bar and it suits the clay medium to high traction track I play at and some pavement/tarmac.

It is a little soft, but I like to play on gravel and loose dirt as well.
    Last edited by Deisel; 10-31-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Forgot some things

RC Champion
    Thanks I'll take a look at that thread.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.