Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Order placed, x2 KingHeadz Motor Mounts for both Rallys. Now, hoping they are in stock soon
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC poster
    Wow! Nice build. I love the Ofna lid. looks great. I didn't realize there are two different rally chassis there. I have been trying to do quadruple duty with one and it is getting old switching every thing around. I need a roller, or three.

RC Champion
    Thanks ShanDman. Nope, just the one rally, not 2 different chassis there! I am building another Rally as well though. Actually the long awaited Chassis came in today! Along with other parts for this build

STRC Bearing Carriers and Castors

Installed the T-Bone Front and Rear Bumpers as well

Last edited by Stephan81; 12-31-2012 at 08:12 PM.

RC Champion
    Ran 3 packs in the Rally today. Good times. Tbone stuff held up well, all the rubber around the bumpers has peeled off and was hanging all over the place after a couple packs but that was to be expected LOL. Had a few big cart wheels and tumbles, this thing stock is tough and doesn't need all the stuff were putting on our Rally's lol. But who doesn't like overkill and bling (besides your wallet).

Probably throw the rest of the parts I got on soon here. I tell ya, I am so itching to throw a MMP/3800 or 2400 in this thing, my temps aren't great after 1 full 5000mah 40c pack. And it's cold out, i'd hate to see it in the summer. Geared 15/54. For the time being though I will keep it waterproof and have fun with this VXL system, it's still a blast with this setup.

Anyway, little clip here of running today. Hit LVC at the end of the video

Excellent build! Love ur set-up in the background.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    At least throw a 2400kv motor in there. I bet the 2650 would be beastly in there. BTW nice vid my friend.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Thanks guys

Avid RC Bearings Came in today for the Rally and some for my Rusty. Went with mainly revoloution and some metal.

Stuff left to install, probably this weekend.

- STRC Castors
    - STRC Front and Rear Carriers
    - Avid RC Bearing Kit
    - Sway Bars
    - Center Diff

RC Champion
    Got the STRC Parts Installed, should look pretty good once the STRC towers come in and are installed, Did the bearings in the carriers for now. Need to do the diffs etc...

RC Champion
    Another package came in today. Going to install some LED's on this thing hehe Went out a few times at night and lose track of it sometime with my vision, starting to get old lol.

RC Enthusiast
    G'day Stephen nice build. Was wondering how the t bone front bumber was going? I've broken my bulkhead and suspension arm from a drift into a curb and think the t bone sounds good but my corcern is it may put to much pressure on the bulkhead now the foam bummer isn't taking the impact. Hope that makes sence
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

Nice updates!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by emery67 View Post
    G'day Stephen nice build. Was wondering how the t bone front bumber was going? I've broken my bulkhead and suspension arm from a drift into a curb and think the t bone sounds good but my corcern is it may put to much pressure on the bulkhead now the foam bummer isn't taking the impact. Hope that makes sence
    Thanks Emery. Well, so far so good with the Tbone bumper, protects the body pretty good and I am more confident hitting bumps and what not bottoming out with it installed. With that being said, I am sure it puts more strain on the bulkhead for sure, but I don't plan on hitting anything dead on WOT, if I did. I am sure doesn't matter what's on there, something's gotta give somewhere. I have a spare bulk head here and another on the way with the parts Lot I just bought. Cheap anyway. I like the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Nice updates!
    Thanks Loot. Thanks for taking a look bud. When are you going to show us your Rally build hehehe Any plans on getting one, this thing is mega fun man, most fun I have had in a while. It's a nice change from the offroad and jumping off ramps etc... Working on drifting and driving skills.

I like the T-Bone bumper. But have noticed that in small collisions that it tends to move a little bit. It doesnt really bolt down in place as well as I like. I've even hunkered the bolts snug.

Man I'm sure liking where you are going with this build man. Kinda kewl how everyone makes it their own. Keep up the good work and sweet ideas.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Couple more things in today!!

STRC Front and Rear Towers

57a 700W Converted PS (I have been really looking into a high end charger lately, my Onyx 235 just doesn't cut it LOL. Well got the PS now, and I have decided on and will be ordering fairly shortly here the Power Lab 6 charger and going to get the USB Software with it as well, extremely excited about this)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post

Thanks Loot. Thanks for taking a look bud. When are you going to show us your Rally build hehehe Any plans on getting one, this thing is mega fun man, most fun I have had in a while. It's a nice change from the offroad and jumping off ramps etc... Working on drifting and driving skills.
    Thanks brotha. Urs is lookin great man. Love it. Well I think so I have a Slash 4x4 TRCE chassis, with upgrades that is gonna get changed up... Ive been debating on what chassis to go with. Either Rally, or STRC LCG.. Also was thinkn of MT. Tough stuff

Man you are going to love the PL6. Once you get it, use it, you'll wonder how you made it this long w/o it. What are your charging plans? Parallel or Series? I do parallel, I can charge 6- 2S packs in around 30 minutes and that's balancing them out. That's at a whopping 40A on a 600w PSU. It barely breaks a sweat on them. I bought a combo from ProgressiveRC and added the MPA balance board. It's massive and well built. Oh and if you change the voltage from 4.20 to 4.19 / cell you can really save the life of the packs tremendously.

Another charger to look at is the new iCharger 4010 Duo. A friend of mine on here told me about it and I happened to look it up. This is one for extreme RC enthusiasts. LOL Comes with a hefty price tag of $349.99 for the charger itself w/o a PSU. Take a look and see what you think about it........ haha

....Figured i'd tease you with a pic of the iCharger 4010 Duo.....
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 01-10-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: ...added picl.....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Sort of remind's me of the old Nintendo system.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Lol, I have never thought of that!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post

Or Sega Dreamcast. LOL

Its definitely one sweet looking setup though. Ichargers are another good brand, never used one yet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Man you are going to love the PL6. Once you get it, use it, you'll wonder how you made it this long w/o it. What are your charging plans? Parallel or Series? I do parallel, I can charge 6- 2S packs in around 30 minutes and that's balancing them out. That's at a whopping 40A on a 600w PSU. It barely breaks a sweat on them. I bought a combo from ProgressiveRC and added the MPA balance board. It's massive and well built. Oh and if you change the voltage from 4.20 to 4.19 / cell you can really save the life of the packs tremendously.

Another charger to look at is the new iCharger 4010 Duo. A friend of mine on here told me about it and I happened to look it up. This is one for extreme RC enthusiasts. LOL Comes with a hefty price tag of $349.99 for the charger itself w/o a PSU. Take a look and see what you think about it........ haha

....Figured i'd tease you with a pic of the iCharger 4010 Duo.....
    Nice Digger. Nuts man, 6 packs in 30mins Man I can't wait. To answer your question I will be going Parallel. Currently most of my packs are all 5000mah 2's and 3's packs. I plan on charging atleast 2 at a time at 10a. Thanks for the link to that charger. Looks pretty good, but a little out of my price range and I think the PL6 will do me just fine. I am going to stick with the PL6 and use the Onyx on the road when I go Motocross racing etc.. Every race weekend there is always people with RC's and we bash the track etc... Surprising how many MX'ers have Traxxas RC's, always atleast 6-7 not including mine. Once some funds clear from my bank to my PP I will be ordering it up.

Thanks for the tip on setting it to 4.19 VPC. I'll make sure to do that.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 01-11-2013 at 09:56 AM.

I love my PL6 and you will to. Once you read the massive manual & get it figured out you'll respect its worth. With parallel you need them all to be the same cell count & dang close on voltage. The graphs are totally sweet. Any questions tons of us on here use them and can hopefully help you out if you run across anything.

That is so kewl that you have a bunch of buddies you can run with it makes it so much more fun.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Just finished installing the STRC Gun Metal Shock Towers

Still waiting on the KHZ Motor Mount, possibly order a STRC BellCrank in the near future, I was thinking STRC Hexes as well, but I would rather strip a plastic hex over a wheel when using the 12mm hex wheels, that and I have never had an issue personally with stripped hexes/wheels, just another one of those things that look good (bling) and are strong as well.

A little off topic, but with the sales going on lately here at FS, I bought myself a E-Maxx the other day, $350 for a 3903 w/free shipping. So some of my time will be taken away from the Rally lol, missed my EMBE since I sold it and have a p4de just wished it was a little bigger, perfect solution, buy a E-Maxx LOL. The p4de going for $319, yes that's right, $319

RC Champion
    Hey guys. I am still around LOL. I apologize for the lack of updates lately. Only update is I installed the KHZ Mount a while back, not much for pics as you can't really see the upgrade.

I have been busy with a new hobby, I am extremely and highly addicted to air based vehicles now LOL. Multirotor helis to be exact, quadcopters. My collection is up to 6 quads now and I'm telling ya, I am addicted and put about 15 packs through a day on these and the possibilities and builds you can do with these is pretty amazing to be honest and endless. I have not much interest in my trucks/cars at the moment but I am sure that will change LOL so I will keep some around for sure. I'll be around, keep an eye out in the MP I may have some of my Traxxas stuff up for sale here soon.

RC Champion
    No updates in quite a while here. Starting to pull all of my rc stuff out and work on them etc... Been about 7 months and finally starting to heal from my accident. Anyway, ran some packs through it. Put some sway bars on and center diff with 100k. Ordering up VG brace for both my rally builds. Pics to come eventually. Took the VXL system out the other day and got the 2400kv and MMP in there. Just waiting on double sided tape and strc mounting plate. Might throw in a MMM and 2650 in my build #2 as it will be onroad only and speed runs.

Watching a few bodies as well from deltaplastik USA.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 09-28-2013 at 01:20 PM.

RC Competitor
    Good to see you back, Stephan81 ! I'm sorry to hear about you having an accident, but certainly glad to know that you are on the mend! Many of your upgrades are ones that I would like to make to my own Rally, so your experiences and insight are quite useful and interesting to read about.

I also have had an intense interest in multi-rotor craft. If you would, PM me with some of your resources and I'll do the same.

Regards,

Crash

RC Champion
    Hobbies can ebb and flow, so good to see your enjoying them all! I've neglected many of my other ones too, but I promise I'll make time, next season

RC Champion
    Shock towers look good!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Shock towers look good!
    They do! The STRC's look the best to me out of all the Aluminum towers. I have the same Gun metal ones, but will be removing then to use XO-1 towers

RC Champion
    Thanks fellas. Well I threw on sl4sh bumpers, PL shocks, the VXL system back in and hit my local RC track for the first time, was gonna go a while back but never made it out. This is my first time ever on a track and oh my what a treat.

Here's a vid, track had some big puddles on it and in rough shape, outdoor is over and indoor season now. Went through thread locked everything. Also had my rod end pop through the pivot ball and screw a few times as seen in the vid, nothing some washers can't fix. Need to do some major tuning. Ya I know my brother inlaws laugh is annoying haha.

Last edited by Stephan81; 10-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.

RC Champion
    Flies through the air great! Loved that jump into the puddle on the front straight!

RC Champion
    Nice form in the air!

RC Champion
    Thanks fellas. Well me and the boy went out yesterday to do some bashing, brought the launch ramp, had a lot of fun then I did this lol.

Broke clean off at the hinge pins lol. I clipped the backside of the ramp after landing a jump and turning around and hitting wot trying to catch my son. Seen it coming but I didn't react quick enough lol. As it was about to hit I said " oh that'll break something " we both had a laugh and in the house we went and was fixed up in minutes; have bags of a-arms

RC Champion
    Normally the chassis goes first, that is a relief to me, much easier fix than the chassis...

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Normally the chassis goes first, that is a relief to me, much easier fix than the chassis...
    There are a couple of braces that can fix that.

Homemade version, Axis body brace, and VG Racing Chassis Brace.

>> Link to my build <<
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    There are a couple of braces that can fix that.

Homemade version, Axis body brace, and VG Racing Chassis Brace.

>> Link to my build <<
    I know that Axis and VG have braces, I have just been trying to get it running first. Need a new slipper and driveshafts first....

RC Champion

Stephan81's Rally Build!!

Quite a while here since any updates. Bought a xo-1 roller the other day. Throwing some parts on the r4lly/sl4sh.

The strc carriers are going and castors. Xo-1 carriers and castors going on, as well as the xo-1 drive shafts to replace the stockers. Throwing in a savox 1258tg. 17mm split six rims with 1/8 buggy badlands. Not sure if I will throw on the xo-1 towers. Got a et3s ESC and Losi 2800kv motor. Ordered up strc 1/8 e buggy conversion. Got quite a few different wings to use. Also got a Losi 2.0 body? I think lol, that will fit. Looking at a flm center diff cup as well.

Will take a few weeks to get some of the stuff in as shipping can be slow going over the border. Pics and progress to come as stuff comes in.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 06-29-2014 at 12:25 AM.

RC Champion
    Post up pics when you can!

RC Champion
    How has the STRC front shock tower held up?

RC Champion

Stephan81's Rally Build!!

Good, I removed them though no matter how I mounted them they seemed to loosen up after a few runs even thread locked. Removed them when I took it to the rc track to shave some weight. Even with a longer screw and a 3mm nut on the other side still loosened up on me, need better standoffs maybe??

Just ordered up a FLM center diff cup, $10 shipping
    Last edited by Stephan81; 06-29-2014 at 12:52 PM.

RC poster
    Where does a man get the wire wraps ?? Your car is sick. I'm trying to get my Rally set up for street speed. Just had my HS order me some XO tires and wheels. To get to the 90-100mph range, will I need swap out my stock motor?