Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    great looking car like the vids , and and the mt rally look

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Man Stephan that car is look'n way 'HOT'!! Fine build there Sir!! I'm definitely digg'n the orange wrap. I'd like to know how the center diff works out for ya. I had a blast this past weekend with the slipper and slipping and sliding all over the cement. I got real good at getting the tail end to grab doing 180.
    Thanks Digger!! I'll let you know how the center diff works out.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF353 View Post
    Nice build so far!

Just a quick question, what exactly does the center diff do?
    I'll just take the text from the manual from the center diff, as I am sure that explains it better that I would.

" The center differential allows the power from the motor to be transerred to the front and rear diffs independently from one another. When the rear wheels are under more load than the front wheels, more power will be transferred to the front wheels. This is very beneficial on rough terrain and makes hard acceleration from low speeds easier to control by keeping the nose down. "

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
    why did you take the PL Shocks off?
    I don't really see a need for them. I am not not planning on running much offroad if any with my Rally, and most likely wont be doing jumps. Plus I have other projects where I can put the P-L Shocks or Ten-T's on. Mainly drifting and speed runs once the weather gets better. Man I can't wait to run those Sweep tires on 3's.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Champion
    A few things came in today. Time to install.

STRC Center Shaft, and Electronics Plate (GM), Outerwears Shroud. Not even sure if the electronics plate will fix, haven't even looked.

I honestly don't know much about the Reedy 3500kv 4 pole Motor. I'll give it a shot and see if my temps are any better. Didn't pay much for it, if it doesn't work out I have other places for it

Just bought a ET-3s ESC off Ebay. Been waiting for about a month for them to show up at JennysRC, I buy lots from them. Ordered up a Protoform Body, the DP8 1/8 GT Body. AKA Racing 17mm adapters (I need the HR ones for my other RC and want them to be black on the Rally).

Also got some STRC Castors and F/R Carriers in my cart in Gun Metal . Just sitting here telling myself I don't need them, and I have some perfectly good aluminum parts here from my Sl4sh PE I pulled off LOL. But I really want that Gun Metal theme all the way through. Will see......
    Last edited by Stephan81; 12-03-2012 at 07:14 PM.

RC Champion
    Here we go. Shroud installed. Hopefully keeps out a lot of the tiny rocks and dirt etc... Also got the center shaft and elec plate installed. The plate fits perfectly. I'll take it out of course as I run the VXL3's as it has mounting tabs. Once I get a MMP in there I'll use that plate.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    makes me wanna buy one and call it mini XO-1 cause i like to set-up mine onroad.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    makes me wanna buy one and call it mini XO-1 cause i like to set-up mine onroad.
    Yeah, I can't wait to set it up with that body and the sweep wheels/tires

RPM Shock Shaft Guards installed.

RC Champion
    Car looks really good!

Did you run those Street Fighters or Sweep tires yet? I want to hear what you think of both before I go out and buy a new set of tires/wheels.

I also bought 17mm adapters. What tire/wheel setup is closest size to the stock ones?

RC Champion
    I haven't run them yet, pretty cold up here and really raining a lot. I don't get to run much this time of the year.

The sweep tires are closest to stock size from the sets that I have. They are going to look sick with the protoform body Can't wait until it gets here

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    I haven't run them yet, pretty cold up here and really raining a lot. I don't get to run much this time of the year.

The sweep tires are closest to stock size from the sets that I have. They are going to look sick with the protoform body Can't wait until it gets here
    Do the 17mm adapters have the correct offset for the protoform body?

Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    Do the 17mm adapters have the correct offset for the protoform body?
    i believe so enough for the tires to set inside the wheelwell.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i believe so enough for the tires to set inside the wheelwell.
    And what body mounts would you use?

you can use the stock rally body mounts, its adjustable.

RC Champion
    Wow, that was one of the quickest packages I have ever gotten from the States.

DP8 Body

AKA 17mm Adapters

I will be painting the body up tonight or over the weekend here. I took it out of the package, sat it on the mounts on the rally. Wheel wells look like a perfect match and looks like the body is ment for it Can't wait to see it painted/mounted.

RC Racer
    That body is going to look great with the sweeps!

RC Champion
    Gives you an idea of what it will look like and the fitment. Abviously I need to bring the front and rear mounts down some more. I could probably use a few mm's of offset. Not sure what these HR 17mm adapters are and the AKA. It's pretty close though and still will look good, will see how it looks all painted up and lowered.

looks like your almost set for some speed run. i dont know how low the xo-1 shock towers are but i order them along with the revo shocks with spare set of springs (blue/silver)

RC Champion
    Nice progression on your build up.Looking forward to seeing your paint work and finished fit. How tall are those tires?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I actually have one of those bodies sitting on my shelf. It was from my GTP2E. I test fitted it on my rally when I first got it and it was perfect.

Just a tip with that body, never pick it up from the front (the body by itself). The weight of the back of the body is enough to flex the hood area right where the wheel wells are and they will crack. Happened the FIRST time I took the body off and turned to set it down. I was not impressed. Its a nice looking body though and would probably be great for high speed runs.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Ya it seems pretty flimsy and fragile in certain areas for sure.

I ended up painted it all black, waiting for it to dry. I had major issues with masking it with what I wanted. I have always had issues when there is lots of bumps etc ... in the body and I am not the greatest when it comes to painting. Pretty much played it safe, all black and i'll maybe stick a couple decals on it. I still think that will look great even though it's not what I wanted to do with it and at $43 for a shell I didn't want it to look like you know what. Pics later.

RC Champion
    Here we go, pretty simple but overall looks good. Still need to ream the body, and mount it where I want it, still need to lower those front mounts and maybe the rear a tiny bit. Calling it a night.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Oh man dude I love that body. Ugh!! Those body & wheels belong together. I can't wait to see it mounted up.

Good job my friend!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    That body is amazing! I might have to get one too. What is the difference between the adapters you had before and the AKA?

RC Champion
    Thanks guys. Can't wait for better weather. I believe they are the same SH302. Only difference is color. I wanted them black and I am going to take the HR blue adapters for my rusty for when I run 1/8 buggy wheels. I'll install the AKA adapters today.

Overall I mean the body looks really good. But I really did want to do more with it with masking it, also want to tint the windows. The last 2 bodys I tried window tint on though, the paint/tint ended up soaking/eating right through my body paint, for example one body I did it on was white, well there was black mixed in with the white like the paint almost acted as a alchol and ate right through the coats of paint.

edit: Almost forgot about the wing for the body. Ill do that up today sometime.

RC Champion
    Sometime's to much stuff going on paint wise really detract's from the look of the body. look's like something you would see in a real life 1:1.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    Mounted up. Used a stock sl4sh mount on the back flipped around with the smallest body post I had in my parts bin (removed the stock post the sl4sh came with). Front has the stock rally mounts as low as they will go. Might chop them down a tiny bit just to lower it one more hole.

Going to install the adapters next and cut/paint up the wing.

RC Racer
    Is there any way to get a little more offset?

RC Racer
    It looks great! just seems like a little more offset would look nice

RC Champion
    Yup, there is a set of +6mm offset adapters made by Integy I ordered up a set a while back and didn't notice when ordering they were the ones for the Revo and not the Sl4sh. Oops!! Was looking at them today on Ebay

I just wonder what quality is like LOL.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160921217201?...84.m1423.l2649

nothing like a freshly painted body
    heres my body that i'm going to use

i also seen this on ebay....what u think?

RC Champion
    ^^ that looks spectacular that first body! What is it??
    The Scalpel body I think is for a very wide tire and wheel combo and perhaps overly wide for the Rally?

RC Champion
    That's the Protoform PF8 Body I believe. Looks awesome dude, I like it. The second body I do not like at all.

RC Champion
    Ran 4 packs through today. Went out first time with 3, came back charged em up and got one pack in, now getting ready for the boys Xmas concert. I will post some vids up later and hopefully get out tonight and burn another 2-3 packs with the launch ramp and take more vids. Might as well take advantage of the half decent weather we had today.

On another note, today was the first chance I had to run the Outerwears Shroud. Pretty pleased with it. I ran in wet grass, some little puddles, dirt, and on road. Usually the chassis would of been caked with rocks and leaves and in need of a cleaning for sure. Here's the chassis after 4 hard run packs

RC Champion
    Here's a little vid from today. Sorry I don't have a camera man LOL. I will have to bring the wife or boy out to operate the cam. Nothing special in the vid. Just some WOT runs and drifting by the cam, I was trying to get as close as possible to it. Hard to tell but a few times I am just inches from it hehe!!

I promise better vids to come, it's late now so no bash tonight with the Launch Ramp. Maybe some jumping vids tomorrow after work. I do plan on making a " movie " using editing software and music with jumps, slo mo drifts etc... I'm going to do my best to film all my bashing and compile a 5-7minute movie with the best footage, as I am sure some of my other RC's will be involved as well. Just gotta learn the program which I am messing around with now.

i'm glad you get to test run it. looks fun!!! cant wait for mine.

Video looks good, so does your rig mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

A little update, haven't been able to get out and run the Rally and take vids since my last videos. Weather hasn't been good and busy with work. With that being said I did order up a couple things

STRC Castor Blocks (GunMetal)
    STRC Front Carriers (GunMetal)
    STRC Rear Carriers (GunMetal)
    17mm adapter w/6mm offset (GunMetal/Black)
    TBone F/R Bumpers
    Last edited by Stephan81; 12-16-2012 at 06:10 PM.

RC Champion
    Well, still waiting on the STRC/Tbone/and 17mm adapters. Just ordered up a set of Avid Bearings as well for the Rally and a set for my Rustler.

A little update, totally forgot I had these tires/wheels in my parts bin lol. I had pretty much given up mounting them. Dumbest setup ever these 2 piece foams are. After watching a how to vid by Jang today I got motivated to mount these up. Read up on these and it's quite common these are a PAIN to mount. Took me about an hour, but I am happy with the end result.

AKA 17mm Adapters and OFNA Tires w/OFNA 17mm Wheels (they are pretty much perfect in size)

Last edited by Stephan81; 12-20-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Those tires & wheels go really well with the after market body. Pain in the rear to mount?? Man that sucks cuz they look so good. Nice work my friend.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Yeah they were a pain man, a nightmare. I will never buy them again, and I am interested to see how the foams hold up once they are run. Will see I guess, they look awesome IMO, BUT. I wish I would of went black instead of the orange. And there is no way I am going to remount them so I can dye LOL.

Tbone stuff and Integy 17mm 6mm offset adapter came in today.

Also got another set of new stock tires in today. I will be dying these wheels black. I can swap them from this car or to rally #2.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 12-24-2012 at 06:21 PM.

RC Champion
    Still waiting on parts. Haven't had time to install the stuff I recently got. With that being said another order has been placed.

STRC Front Tower (GunMetal)
    STRC Rear Tower (GunMetal)

Was wanting to order the Kingheadz Mount, but it's currently out of stock. Soon I guess