RC Qualifier

Servo buzz - high low shifter, in low gear only.

Are you guys getting a slight servo buzz (hi-low shifter micro 2065 servo) when shifted in low gear?

My linkage looks and functions correctly - in high gear the servo is quiet, in low I get a slight buzz if the horn is removed the servo is all quiet.

RC Champion
    its slightly out of adjustment and its "trying to find neutral". If you lightly tweat the servo head while buzzing it will go away. Mine do that all the time - I just chalk it up to factory servos

RC Racer
    I wouldn't chalk it up to factory servos because mt stock factory servo's are quiet but my Hi tech makes tons of noise.

RC Qualifier
    That buzz means your servo is slightly out of adjustment, and you need to adjust it so there is no buzz. The 3 shifting servos are touchy and all plastic. Buzz also means its still active and not in neutral, so would advise some adjusting me done before it breaks one of the plastic teeth, and then will need to be replaced. Also does not hurt to have a spare around for when one fails.
    Endeavoring to persevere !

RC Qualifier
    If you can't find somthing wrong with the linkage adjustment, somthing else worth checking out is the pin the servo actuates to shift from high to low. Might be a little gritty and in need of a good cleaning. Most likely, though, it is your linkages.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect
    Last edited by happymachinist; 10-31-2012 at 10:25 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks all upon further investigation ALL three micro servos buzz when shifted ie low gear, locked front, locked rear... otherwise they are all quiet. As for the hi-low transmission, I jiggled the linkage and couldn't get rid of the buzz, I think it wants to pull the linkage forward more but like I said servo is quiet if the arm is detached.

Assuming my T-Lock micro servos have buzzed since day one (7 month ownership), they all still functional so perhaps the buzz is not fatal but then I'm rarely locked.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The buzz is fatal...
    That noise means the servo is constantly (over)working to try to get into final position.

It only takes a few slight adjustments to eliminate the buzzing... and the process is described in the manual.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    in terms of my buzz it really only does it when I first plug it in. It buzzes and them I steer it L,R and it then goes away. So I'm not tooo concerned about it, Should I be??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    If it goes away, no.
    Still, it doesn't take much to adjust the fight out of your servos... there are a few threads and even a video on the subject.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by 04zrx View Post
    in terms of my buzz it really only does it when I first plug it in. It buzzes and them I steer it L,R and it then goes away. So I'm not tooo concerned about it, Should I be??
    That's the typical steering buzz, easily fixed. The video in the link walks you right thru it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrAvhm3b1g

As far as you other servos are concerned, it's just like the others have said before. If they buzz they are not where they want to be. If it is bad enough, eventually they will heat and most likely fail.
    Last edited by Mayberry Kid; 11-01-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods