RC Racer

Bullet proof Jato...well a little bit anyway.

Hi all, I was recently talking about upgrading my gearing to the Hardened steel, so I thought I would post a couple pics after the rebuild I finished today. I know you can not see inside the transmission but I replaced everything inside with the steel gearing, outside steel spur and steel clutch bell. I upgraded the clutch to the MIP, thinking about the rb mods clutch "the last clutch you will ever buy" lol if the MIP doesn't hold up to the hardened steel clutch bell. I cleaned this thing so much that I even put vaseline on the rubber boots of the drive shafts ext. Anything rubber will last longer with petrolium Jelly on it. I am looking forward to some high speed runs with my jaco foams and the body came from a guy on ebay who buys them and paints them. He did a better job than Zeikiel racing who I purchased one from. Let me know what you think. The only change I would make at this point would be to put the steel CVD's on but I have one concern about them, they have two different rubber boots, one at the diff, one at the wheel. I have been told that they start to fall apart after about 8 months. At 40 bucks a set, I think I would rather just replace the stock ones as the one rubber boot wears out. The rotating mass isn't that much of a difference. I even cleaned the header with a light sanding to remove the wear and discoloration, I am a little OCD.[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    With the CVD's you can replace the boots it's not a big deal. That rb clutch is a buku. I have one with the brass composite shoes. I highly recommend it. The foam tires hook up great they just don't last that long. If you hit a rock or anything in the street chunks of the tires come flying off and when they wear the diameter keeps getting smaller so it affects your top speed if thats what your after. I run 12mm hexes front and back so I can rotate the tires but they still didn't last a gallon. Maybe it was wear I was running. I've since switch back to proline road rages (strapped of course). Your truck looks good by the way How do you like those shocks?
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jato View Post
    With the CVD's you can replace the boots it's not a big deal. That rb clutch is a buku. I have one with the brass composite shoes. I highly recommend it. The foam tires hook up great they just don't last that long. If you hit a rock or anything in the street chunks of the tires come flying off and when they wear the diameter keeps getting smaller so it affects your top speed if thats what your after. I run 12mm hexes front and back so I can rotate the tires but they still didn't last a gallon. Maybe it was wear I was running. I've since switch back to proline road rages (strapped of course). Your truck looks good by the way How do you like those shocks?
    I like the shocks, they work fine. I replaced the dampening to the one hole on the inside and went up a little in oil weight. Thanks for the compliment. I have several different tire sets, 2 pairs of anacondas, badlands, and some big ole street fighters on desperados. I just thought I would give the foams a run since I havent ever used them.

RC Qualifier
    I have that same body but I haven't open the package yet. Saving it 4 a nice winter project.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jato View Post
    I have that same body but I haven't open the package yet. Saving it 4 a nice winter project.
    the body is such thick plastic, excellent strength. I haven't gotten many responses, I guess it must be pretty crappy then

RC Racer
    It really sucks when you work hard on something and get one comment.

RC Qualifier
    Is that why you built it to get coments and praise on it or did you build it because you love to do things like that and you realy enjoy doing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post
    It really sucks when you work hard on something and get one comment.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    Is that why you built it to get coments and praise on it or did you build it because you love to do things like that and you realy enjoy doing them.
    I love to put the parts together and make it clean. I just see so many comments on other peoples builds and wondered what gives. Its not anything I 'manufactured' or rigged up, just a clean build, guess since its not ingenious or custom mod it doesn't bear the same interest. Ill let this thread die now.