another neon maybe?

yup, you read it right. theres a possibility of getting another first gen neon..............

my friend messaged me on facebook about it.

heres what i gathered so far.

its a 95 sohc 5 speed, new radiator, new clutch, car runs but need a new alternator and alternator belt. has some rust on the hood and rear quarters. mileage is unknown at this moment in comunication as well as the color, and if its a 2 door or a 4 door. or what model it is exactly like base, sport, ACR ect.......

heres what i can tell you though................ the 95 has a bigger cam than other years known as the "hot cam", so that with a 5 speed should be a fun little car. slower than my 2.4 swapped neon. but way faster than my christmas tree neon. but best of all its cheap and might be a future little beater. he said hes not in a hurry to sell it either. he just doesnt have alot of time and knows i like neons.

so everyone cross your fingers lol
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

Get it, then post some videos of a derby between them all.

The Super Derecho

lol, not gonna happen. it was a nice try though. i am going to try and get it none the less.

i found out a little more. its dark green with a red hood on it.

edit: so according to a first gen paint code chart i found with pics of each color the car should be emerald green metallic. which is the same as my 97 neon. that color ran from 95-97 with the only other type of green available being the nyg (nitro yellow green) which was only available for the 95 model. and since he said it was dark green there is no other option.
    Last edited by 08kgraves; 10-30-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    Drag It!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    2 Christmas tree cars....LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    2 Christmas tree cars....LOL
    Haha what I was thinking. Is it a coupe?
    Matthew 7:7

i dont know. i asked him but he never answered me to be honest. i was wondering same thing since he said body isnt bad except for that little bit of rust. and if i can i want to find a hood that is the right color so a car matches lol
    Drag It!

update

ok so i went and looked at the car yesterday. im getting it for sure. possibly next weekend. gotta pay the bills first and hes not in a rush to off it. so as soon as i have the funds basically i should be picking it up.

its a 95

sohc

5 speed

120,*** miles

4 door not a coupe sadly though

it needs brake lines, a left rear tail light, 3 tires, alternator, alternator belt. then the bumper cover on rear has a hole under that tail light wich is no big deal. and the front passenger fender is damaged from hitting another car when the brakes lines went out. but its not bad at all and once again no big deal.
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Is the alternator physically damaged? Is it possible it took out the voltage regulator which I believe is in the computer on that car?
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

its seized up............ which is what cause the belt to go to.
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Gotcha, should be good then. You going to do some step by step photos of your progress?
    DJ

probably.............. if youve seen some of my other build threads they kind of just slowly keep going.
    Drag It!

so today i won the $50 drawing we do every week at work........ its like i was meant to have this car
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    SWEET! Free money is always good.
    DJ

RC Qualifier
    Just watch out because from what I hear those cars are known to get cracked heads often the cause of a blown head gasket! Although you probably knew this.

yup im aware. the original head gasket design was very poor. the use of the newer m.l.s. style head gaskets has resolved this though. before the car gets driven at all im looking it all over and fixing the things that i know are wrong. which as of right now is brake lines, alternator, and alternator belt. but other maintenance to be done before the car is driven much at all is timing belt, timing belt tentioner pully, water pump. and since i have to take the timing belt off to do the head gasket i might just do it at the same time possibly. i already did all this on my 97, and my 96 has a motor swap with all of this done as well and only like 30,000 miles on those parts.

i got this lol

yeah these cars get such a bad wrap mostly because they take a dump on you if there not taken care of properly like any car. but heres a way to look at it that most people dont think about.

the neon was a cheap car new. there for it was affordable to lower income people. well people with lower income tend to skip there maintenace when it should be done. not necessarily by choice, but often because they just cant afford it. then there cheap little neon dies a pre mature death. which is where they get the bad wrap from. rich people with more expensive cars often get there oil changed before its even due and are at a shop with a slightly weird noise. so they take better care of there cars compared to not so well incomed people who tend to neglect them more. it doesnt matter what car your working with, it is what you make it honestly.

and then i come along which ive gotten to know most of the common problems on neons, and how to diagnose them. plus since so many are in junk yards and such its super easy for me to find the parts

im honestly thinking about just starting to buy neons, fix them up and then sell them for a profit.
    Drag It!

well ladies and gents...................

here she is in all her $300 glory. drove her on the trailer even.

top view of the front right fender after rearending a car when a brake line went out

paint on front bumper is coming off. no biggie

body is pretty dang clean though overall

left tail light is broken

worst rust is driver rear wheel well and bottom of the driver door

Drag It!

headlights not missing. it just wasnt bolted in so i took it out so i didnt loose it on the way home.

interior isnt to horrid

the tow pig. my friends dads 2012 f250. its like my car and the trailer werent even there.

at her new home next to my mini truck and my drag neon

Drag It!

ok so new and final plan for the neon. im just going to fix it up and get it road worth again and then post it on craigslist for sale or trade for a four wheeler.
    Drag It!