RC poster

New LEDs on my Summit using 9V battery

Here are a few pictures of my new LEDs using only a 9V battery with a little white on/off switch. It's pretty awesome.

RC Competitor
    That is really cool man! I gotta admit your chassis is a bit messy, but at least it works! I didn't do the brake lights, but what I did do is the front. Basically I hot glued in a bunch of cheap leds, made a harness, and velcroed the battery to the body posts.
    1/16 Blue Summit
    "It's life, not drama." -Me

RC poster
    yeah...i'm going to put shrink wrap around all the LED wires...that was just a rough draft to make sure all the wires where long enough.

RC poster
    I actually have another little harness to glue under the body so I can wire the 4 LEDs on the body. That way I can take off the body without trouble. They will be separate.

RC Competitor
    I forgot to mention I had to cut a 1/4 of an inch of the body to fit. I tried not to cut a lot, but it went up to the ExoCage.
    1/16 Blue Summit
    "It's life, not drama." -Me

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wpfo3453 View Post
    I forgot to mention I had to cut a 1/4 of an inch of the body to fit. I tried not to cut a lot, but it went up to the ExoCage.
    thi is why i suggested jumping instead of running all the homeruns less crap and much cleaner

RC Qualifier
    Correct me if im wrong but cant you run leds in series just using small jumpers between the lights allowing
    you to runn half as many wires?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaxion911 View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but cant you run leds in series just using small jumpers between the lights allowing
    you to runn half as many wires?
    Yes you can.... but!!!! There is always a but.... i use 3.0-3.2 forward voltage led and feed them with a 2032 3volt botton cell

So i cant run that set up in series, 2 3.+ volt leds would need 6 volts to light.

A series/parallel set up is not a series set up, keep everything +++++++ and ------- a two lane highway that dead ends.

A series/parallel set up can be fed + on the left side and terminate - on the right side of a project also.

Word of warning a lipo as way more forward current (ma) then an led needs without resistors being used and
    They will get hot and if you short a lipo we all know what that brings........ keep to reg batterys when bulding
    Testing till u fully understand leds... that was a disclaimer...jkm

Look up series/parallel array wizard on the net..... great tool.