RC Enthusiast

Well motor is gone.....

Well as some of you all might know i bought a used summit, did not even run it twice and the motor gave out. I had just cleaned it and lube it the other day lol. Anyways i was recording some wall climbing videos on my garage did a good reverse one then when i was going for the forward position one i saw lights flicker inside the body and lost all throttle response Oh well, should i go brushless, dewalt or stock?

RC Qualifier
    What kind of driving do you do or terrain do you have at your disposal?

I'm personally leaning towards the dewalt when my motor gives up. From what I've read it sounds like a nice upgrade from stock for cheap. It's serviceable and requires little modification to fit. Modifications that are spelled out nice with pictures in multiple threads here.

A lower kv brushless has crossed my mind too, I just fear that my repair bill would go up.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by happymachinist View Post
    What kind of driving do you do or terrain do you have at your disposal?

I'm personally leaning towards the dewalt when my motor gives up. From what I've read it sounds like a nice upgrade from stock for cheap. It's serviceable and requires little modification to fit. Modifications that are spelled out nice with pictures in multiple threads here.

A lower kv brushless has crossed my mind too, I just fear that my repair bill would go up.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect
    I have a little bit of everything, im trying to go to events now. They have drag racing, sled pull, rock climbing. So i want a setup that will be for all of those categories. The dewalt setup has crossed my mind too, so i dont know.

The only thing the dewalt will lose out to a brushless in would be the drag race.
    Overall a excellent motor ,tough easy to clean and maintain.affordable and doesn't need a new esc.i just replaced my brushes after over a year and a half at least of pretty steady use....well lots of use really.still going strong.
    Unless you want to spend money on a brushless and water resist it (depending on your weather)I have both tekin rx8 2000kv sensored and dewalt evx2
    Both work.the brushless requires throttle control and a helping of common sense to avoid breaking parts more often.its a lot more power and it applies it really quickly.....often too quickly lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Anyone have a link to where I can get a Dewalt motor?
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Champion

RC Enthusiast
    Im just bought a original titan at a killer deal from a local hobby store. I will how ever start planing a dewalt setup for the near future.

Thanks for the fast reply guys

RC Enthusiast
    Last question lol , will any 14.4v drill motor work?

In theory yes,but not all of them have removable brushes.a bit of research will be required I went dewalt as that was a proven motor over time.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    with the dewalt motor I would want to use more than the 7.2v batteries I have?