RC Enthusiast

RPM Telemetry Sensor

Has anyone put the RPM Telemetry Sensor on a Slayer? All I have been able to find are the sensors for the electric trucks and nothing on the nitro units. I have questions on the the flywheel.
    Grounded "Radio-Flyer"

I have questions on the the flywheel.
    What do you mean by that? Do you mean the sensor in the flywheel? Just trying to help, but I'm not quite sure what your asking....
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    Question is does the flywheel that came with my Slayer have magnets or not? I don't want to get into the teardown for the installation until I have all the components required to finish. I looked at the parts listing for the Slayer and only two flywheels are listed: #6542 (not printed in bold - Standard) $8.00; and #6542X (also not printed in bold) large knuled for bump start $CALL. Tech support tells me that only one vehicle comes with the magnetic flywheel (?) and it's not the Slayer. I asked for installation instructions for the sensor and Tech told me it come with the flywheel (the flywheel I already have?). I than proceded to ask for the Slayer instructions in file format and was told they don't have any for the Slayer and maybe someone has posted something on "YouTube". (What a cop-out!)

Bottom line: Does my Slayer (purchased October 2012, s/n: C12002259) have a sensor ready magnetic flywheel or not?

Thank you,
    Stan B.
    Grounded "Radio-Flyer"

Bottom line: Does my Slayer (purchased October 2012, s/n: C12002259) have a sensor ready magnetic flywheel or not?
    As far as I know, no Slayer has ever come from the factory with any telemetry sensor on it... You can buy it though like you said... Hope this helps!

RC Enthusiast
    I'm sorry if I miss-led you with my contrived question: I am not asking about the sensor but I am asking about the sensor ready (magnetic) flywheel:

Stan B.
    Grounded "Radio-Flyer"

So, you're asking about the magnetic sensor? Sorry for the confusion, I'm just not sure what you're asking...

RC Enthusiast
    Flywheel?????????????????????
    Grounded "Radio-Flyer"

RC Competitor
    A friend of mine is in the process of installing the telemetry in his Revo 3.3 and he found the flywheel on barn floor.com. However, he also found that the stock flywheel already had a magnet in it for the rpm sensor. He has had a lot of issues with the system (mainly the lack of instructions).

Hope this helps.

V/R
    Bill

Here's a write-up on the telemetry from the Slayer page: http://traxxas.com/products/models/n...o4x4-telemetry

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Pro page
    Telemetry-Ready Flywheel with Magnet
    This flywheel is equipped with a magnet that enables a sensor (sold separately) to read RPM data.

Note: This item requires a TQi radio system with Docking Base (#6510) to access telemetry data. Some models may include telemetry-ready components as standard equipment. Inspect your model before purchasing this item.
    Part number: 6542.

Spin the flywheel to see if it looks like this one. There is a definite difference between this one and the standard flywheel.
    Traxxas Telemetry is still in the newer stages--though it was introduced on the XO-1--on other models the TQi is slowly making its way into the public's hands.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you. Now I can do the telemetry installation and get it right back up and running without, I hope, any delay. And like tech support suggested, maybe I can find something, if I need it, on YouTube.
    Grounded "Radio-Flyer"