Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ET-3s Qs

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCTRAIN View Post
    Baldy I can't revert to old firmware since its an et-3s the 1.38 is the only one I have is there a way to download memo firmware and then instal it on a et-3s?
    Thanks for the answer
    I just updated to v1.38 beta. It doesn't give me an option to downgrade. I'm not sure if it can be done. There is no option like with the other castle controllers I have. From v1.33 to v1.38 is only over temperature behavior. I just updated and haven't tried it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    Castle makes some great ESCs but they really need to find some different programmers. Their firmware updates and reliability are among the worst I have seen for any electronic device.
    Im guessing you've never owned an Apple Idevice? Lol.
    You have to keep in mind that these programmers are trying to come up with new firmware to not only better their products and fix bugs and errors, but also to try and make the speed controllers compatible with the growing mass of other brands of motors and types of motors on the market. For most of the castle escs there are previous firmware versions that can be installed in mere minutes. Just imagine how bunk it would be if the esc firmware had to be updated like an idevice with a complete restore that takes forever, then just as the update is wrapping. Up it throws an error code and has to be done again because the device is now rendered useless due to the error. Dealing with castle firmware updates/restores is a walk in the park and quite user friendly due to being so basic imo.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Baldy I can't revert to old firmware since its an et-3s the 1.38 is the only one I have is there a way to download memo firmware and then instal it on a et-3s?
    Thanks for the answer
    I sent an email to castle last night and asked them how this firmware issue can be resolved with the et-3s and novak 18.5. Worse case scenario is that either you'll have to wait for a firmware update that fixes the issue or you may have to upgrade to lipo with more amperage. In that link I provided, castle states that the issue can be remedied with more powerful lipos so the lvc won't kick in early. I will let you know what they say as soon as they get back to me.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I'm betting that running a LiPo that will supply more amps will fix the problem. SPC (Spec Point Concepts) has a good sell on some of their packs. They have their 2S 7.4v 6500 50c hard case packs on sale for $39.95 right now. If I didnt own a clan of packs already I'd be all over picking up 2-4 more. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Baldy I own idevices and have never had a reason to downgrade because the newer version always is a step forward (excluding maps), but the rest of the OS makes improvements. I can tell you a lot of people run 1.32 because everything after fixes one thing but brakes three more. If a castle esc was made by apple it wouldn't be very customizable but it would at least work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    Baldy I own idevices and have never had a reason to downgrade because the newer version always is a step forward (excluding maps), but the rest of the OS makes improvements. I can tell you a lot of people run 1.32 because everything after fixes one thing but brakes three more. If a castle esc was made by apple it wouldn't be very customizable but it would at least work properly.
    Nothing wrong with downgrading. Sometimes you fix one thing and another doesnt work properly ( like you said 3 more break, LOL ). I've been lucky and havent run across any issues with the firmware I'm running. But I do look at it this way, "if it aint broke don't fix it". Talking in means of me upgrading to the next firmware. Luckily with my other controllers I have been able to choose between the versions of firmware. The ET-3S hasnt given me that option once going to v1.38, not sure why.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Thanks for the answer
    Got some more info for you about the et-3s straight from castle creations. I asked them several questions about the esc including the issues you were having with the crawler motor. Maybe itll help.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8969453

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...the-HR-P2de-XL...