RC poster

gotta love nitro!! and lovin the slayer pro!! alignment issues need some input!

well I must say this has come a llloooonnnggg way since I first ventured into r/c days of the "grasshopper" the "frog" this thing is unreal on how much "adjustability it has to the "real thing" well not to much into it and already found a retaining wall (full throttle!) ouch! oops!! but in my "rebuild I basically rebuilt the front end! suprised didnt even brake a-arms! anyways I am curious on some feedback on getting a good alignment, I am not tracking it just messing around at my property for the moment. I noticed on some research on the "Caster" shims I only had 2 shims in the rear (towards motor) and it seemed to me there was alot of movement back and forth on the upper a-arm is this normal? and I guess I am curious some views on some (rim, wheel) upgrades, like I said just playin for now and just seeing some opinions. I am so far real happy in my purchase!! get what ya pay for right!? buy nothing but the best and you will never be disatisfied! anyways thanks Shane (slim)
    Last edited by slimwhitman; 10-30-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: needed help

Welcome!
    If I recall, there should be four shims on the pin to prevent the movement of the a-arm. You could have any variation of four in front or behind and anywhere in between.
    As for tire/wheel upgrades, look through the photo gallery and do a quick search and you will see plenty of ideas that others have used.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    You can run any 1/8 scale buggy wheels. But if you run those you will have to the the 17mm hub adapters that they run on the revo. Or you can check into some hub extensions from Integy, it's one of the few things i have had luck with from them. I run the 12mm offset and I love them helps stable the truck, I really have to try to roll mine over and that's even when i'm running a pretty agressive tread...

Welcome to the fourms! I was going to help with the alinement issue, but it looks as though it's already been solved. For better rims and tires, personally, I would get some Pro-line switch tires on bead lock rims. The switch tires are great for pavment, and dirt, and they last a really long time. I reconmend the bead lock rims becuase it's nice being able to take the tire off if you want to and not having to worry about un glueing and re glueing them. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it, I will look into the tires and bead locks I like the idea of no glueing! and the offset I think is a great idea, I have noticed the "roll" already! didnt take long to ding the body up! hey adds character right! I was also wondering if they have any aluminum A-arms out there? all I seem to find is stock, getting ready to get sway bar kit to, any brand better than others as far as a "kit"? is it also even worth exstending the antanna? I am in the break-in and on 4 tank and I am a little worried about when do the 5th by the time you get to full throttle and then cound another 2 sec. it will be aways away! loving the speed! Lol!

RC Qualifier
    Far as the a-arms there isn't any aluminum out there that i know of, or any aftermarket arms for the slayer pro. But the stock arms are some good ones. I have had mine for almost two years now and I still have the original arms that came on my truck, and i'm anything but nice to it. And that's with it getting 8 foot of air for 20+ feet and still haven't broken one.
    I've never found the need to extend my antenna, never had a issue with that.
    I run the slayer sway bars on mine. Have the revo ones on order they came with a bigger sway bar. And yea the hub extensions prob one of the better things I've done to mine. Only thing is I really haven't tested the durability of them with any jumps yet. But for 20 bucks you can't complain....

You really don't need to upgrade the stock Slayer arms. You can't upgrade them even if you want to because there is no other options! I've never found a need to extend the antanna, I've never had my Slayer go out of range, even when it's so far away I can't even see it! The best sway bar kit is the Traxxas kit, because it fits the best, because well, Traxxas made it so you know it will fit... Just wait untill you get your Slayer fully broken in! It's a blast! Good luck!

RC Competitor
    the best and foremost way to get rid of the "tippy" feeling the slayer feels is by installing the sway bar kit. this helps with tieing the left and right suspensions together, so as you enter a turn, your traction is better distrubuted between the left and right tires, giving you more of a sliding feeling then tippy feeling when properly tuned. hope this helps a bit. New tires before this kit can cause your problem to get worse, increasing the grip on the outside tire. Once that problem is properly addressed, you can check at your lhs or track to see what the racers are typically using. If you are just looking to bash, check out the Proline Badlands, they are a fairly good all-terrain with aggressive nugs.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC poster
    hey just want to thank your guys help! I checked the "shims" and it ony had two in back! alowing for a-arm to move, after adjusting roll center (lowered bar) and readjusted and shimmed correctly. now to see what it does! and all camber and toe was off to! so just as a reminder just because its new doent mean its right, check all settings to make sure! Lol! good thing I didnt have to pay shop rate! now I am curious about doing reverse, is it a pain in the ***** or should just stick with it?

mean its right, check all settings to make sure! Lol! good thing I didnt have to pay shop rate! now I am curious about doing reverse, is it a pain in the ***** or should just stick with it?
    Reverse can be frustrtating... It adds alot of rotating mass to the driveline, and if you some how shift in to reverse while your going forward, you'll strip out alot of gears. I know Traxxas sells the FOC (forward only conversion) for the T-Maxx as an upgrade, so I thinking adding reverse to your Slayer might be a step backwards. Just my .02 cents.

RC Qualifier
    there is alum arms but u dont want them any alum arms will bend... prob on your first good bash! then money wasted.. no alum for a-arms or bumpers bad idea...

RC Qualifier
    reverse?? hard forward.. burn a 180 to go the other way.. haha

RC poster
    cool I like the 180 idea! more fun that way anyways! headn out now to get my breakin done (hopefully!) man ya need alot of room at full throttle! cant wait to play on our property, will make a great track eventually! amazing how it changes from a dirt hill to a jump! once again thanks for the input!

reverse?? hard forward.. burn a 180 to go the other way.. haha
    Ha Ha, What ever works for you!