RC Qualifier

Cool Eliminate stripped servo gears for free!

Well after stripping 3 sets of sevo gears i finaly figured out why! Turns out the servo saver is very dry and
    Suseptable to sand or dirt getting into it and taking the "saver" Out of the equasion. So simple fix? Yes take the skid plate off, remove the links from the bellcrank and the
    servo link then pull the saver out(piece with the spring sandwiched in). Take out the two screws holding the saver togetherClean it out really well then apply a drop of silicon shock oil or bearing oil reasseble but leave the two small screws just snug. Put it all back together and bam! Servo saver actualy saves the
    servo gears. Coming from two months heavy use on this current set of gears! Well worth the 7 minutes it
    Takes!

RC Competitor
    Sounds good to me, we loosened up the spring tension too. But not so much that you can't turn the wheels with some force

RC Qualifier
    A clean saver is key. Good job, just keep up the maitenance as dirt will stick to the oil. Next time dry a dry spray lube. It won't hold the dirt.
    BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    Not to worry my little guy sees more maintenance than it does run time these days. A shame i know. What else to do when its -25 with the wind chill. Or at least until next r/c season
    Last edited by Reaxion911; 11-03-2012 at 03:48 PM.