RC Qualifier

Masher 3.8" tires

Put a new set of Masher 3.8" tires on my ERBE. They are mounted to a set of 1/2" offset Desperado rims. I really like the way they look on the truck and after ony about 15 min of driving I am happy with how they handle so far

Last edited by SlashDigger; 10-28-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: more pics
    No Limit RC of Maryland

Not much can beat a new set of tires.... Can really change the look & the handling...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Not much can beat a new set of tires.... Can really change the look & the handling...
    They definately look and handle way better than the stock Talons... Best part is they were free after being one of the winners in the Pro-Line 30th anniversary body and gift card give away
    No Limit RC of Maryland

Winner Winner chicken Dinner.......cool...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I'm diggin that body. I have a 73 high boy sitting in my driveway. Where did you get it, I gotta have one!
    Who needs brakes!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by oakvad View Post
    I'm diggin that body. I have a 73 high boy sitting in my driveway. Where did you get it, I gotta have one!
    Thanks man!! Its a 79 Ford body made by HPI. I think I ordered it from Towerhobbies. I had to extend the front bumper to get it out in front of the body and I used a front bumper mount on the rear to get that bumper pushed out a little. HPI also makes a regular cab version that will fit the ERBE without having to modify the bumpers.
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Racer
    Very nice i like it

RC Racer
    Oh ya..its mine! Think I'm gonna need those tires too. How do they do in really soft dirt?
    Who needs brakes!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Awesome traction in loose sandy dirt. I have a spot that I like to "launch" out of that is loose sandy dirt. The Talons would spin all 4 tires not getting enough forward traction to lift the front tires. The Mashers "launching" in the same spot will lift the front tires of the ground and dig ruts with the rear tires
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashDigger View Post
    Awesome traction in loose sandy dirt. I have a spot that I like to "launch" out of that is loose sandy dirt. The Talons would spin all 4 tires not getting enough forward traction to lift the front tires. The Mashers "launching" in the same spot will lift the front tires of the ground and dig ruts with the rear tires
    Nice! That's what I need. I play at the sand dunes with the 4 wheelers.
    Who needs brakes!!!!

I ordered these from the LHS, I got one pair already mounted waiting on the second pair should be in tomorrow, they are a lot bgger than I wanted them to be. But they look awesome! I will get some pics when I get them all mounted and put on. Is it just me or are the proline foams really stiff. I suppose that is a good thing.

Did you tape yours? I did mine but not sure if I really needed to but figured it wouldn't hurt anything.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have 2 sets of 3.2 mashers I ran on my t maxx. Always one of my favorites!

RC Qualifier
    i didnt even know they still made 3.8 mashers looks like i will be placing a new order today

http://prolineracing.com/tires/mashe...terrain-tires/

looks like they are still making them and they are on sale

RC Qualifier
    I run the 3.2 mashers . they are awesome all around tires
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    The 3.8 Mashers are AWESOME!! I was a little concearned how they would handle being so big but they are great! Mine are not taped I bought them pre assembled from Pro-Line. They balloon very little under 4s power. I ran 6s on my ERBE for the first time the other day and they ballooned pretty good but did not blow apart
    These are definately my favorite set of tires. Im thinking about buying another set to run on my Summit
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    http://prolineracing.com/tires/mashe...terrain-tires/

looks like they are still making them and they are on sale
    This is actually a new tire. The 40 Series Mashers were the ones discontinued.

That explains it, seems some were using those sizes interchangeably in their posts. I got mine all mounted up, First impression and then I really tried them out.

As far as performance they need balancing but otherwise

RC Qualifier
    ^^^ Very sharp!

I wonder how they perform compared to the 40 series. I've noticed that Proline's new 3.8 Traxxas style bead line is a cross between old school 40 series and 3.2/Maxx sized tires. The tires have the profile of the 40 series, but the bulge/wheel protection of the 3.2/Maxx sizes.

I like them a lot, I ran two sets of packs today and they are awesome. I even had to lower the brake setting and the ride height for running on the pavement and grass because of traction rolls. I got the front wheel that was really out of whack balanced pretty good, three to go though. I am thoroughly impressed with how well they handle, I am sure the taping made a heck of a difference as well. There is no noticeable ballooning period, the tires look flat even at speed I will get some speed runs in some time and see how fast I can get it going and how the tires handle it all indication are though that they will be just fine.

Another plus with using the geode wheels, you can use screws and weights to balance them.

Last edited by rjm2519; 11-29-2012 at 03:37 PM.