RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Thumbs up My New Build !!!

I got a beaten up, mistreated erevo for cheap, lots of missing parts, and rebuild it from ground zero.

Before

After
    New F&R Diff-shimmed

New Chassis dyed black

RPM Arms

Bearing instead of bushing on the steering bellcrank.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    New Brushed motor mount, gear cover, motor plate, slipper, spur....HPI 4000KV motor

HPI Vapor Pro waterproof ESC

2.8 Proline Dirthawgs-2.8 Imex wheels- Rollcage

RC Qualifier
    Looks awesome with those wheels and tires. Great work! You need to post some vids of it running ASAP!

Wow, looks nice. I've never been a fan of huge tires on the 1/16 models, but those sure look nice!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Off to a good start! Are those 2.8's off another project?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    thanks guys, yes the tires are from another project that was sold, so why not give them a try.

RC Qualifier
    nice quick build!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dennerracingteamdrt

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Do you think one battery will be able to feed that motor?

RC Qualifier
    a 2s 40c 2200 mah should let that thing run close to 15-20 minutes i would think

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Do you think one battery will be able to feed that motor?
    yup, already took it for a spin. I had castle 4600, 5700 4 pole running with a single batt, and no issues.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 10-28-2012 at 08:41 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by latemodelstampede View Post
    nice quick build!
    thanks, but it took me some time to build it. I didn't ordered everything at once, ebay, and the LHS were my suppliers.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 10-28-2012 at 08:41 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am not talking runtime.
    I don't know how hungry that motor is but a 4 pole big block usually draws more than our little batteries can supply

Maybe you can get away with a single spc 50c when they come out

RC Qualifier
    nice man looks sweet. like how you put the esc in there but like 50 said. you might find out you want two batteries to run that...
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    good call. just seen a thread on single battery with a 1/10 system puffing. sct edition though

RC Competitor
    Looks great mate, so to put a larger motor in we need the brushed motor mount? I don't know what ill be doing yet I just brought a used mini slash so I'm going to run it for awhile and see where it windes up. I have thought about an sc10 esc tho I dont like reading about the mini vxl esc sounds like it could fault any second.

I'm sure i could sell the vxl system and buy a fairly decent hobbywing combo, but which should i consider later in its life.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Either a brushed motor mount or the tenbol motor mount, if you want to fit a big block motor get 1/10 electronics motor between 4000-5700kv will be fine.

RC Qualifier
    wow...very nice...love that black look....and that roll cage...who makes that?...

i've dumped over $700 into my merv...and has yet to put it together...why am i dreading the build?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    yup, already took it for a spin. I had castle 4600, 5700 4 pole running with a single batt, and no issues.
    on a single battery it would get around ok but there is no way it provided the amps your system needed for max performance any decent 4 pole as far as that goes

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    on a single battery it would get around ok but there is no way it provided the amps your system needed for max performance any decent 4 pole as far as that goes
    I got your point, and it is valid, all I'm trying to say is I'm happy with the results, plenty of speed and it runs cool.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    with my neu i have ran 48.1 with a single 2 cell battery and 51 in parallel but probably wasn't too good for the battery

RC Qualifier
    cool it looks nice
    what's up guys

RC Champion
    Car looks great, those wheels and that cage are gorgeous!

As far as trouble with the batteries go... 10 mins on Google and I couldn't find what kind of power this motor wants, other than it can handle "up to" 3s batteries.

That doesn't say very much, because what if it was given a 2S 1200mah 20c battery, or a 3s 10,000mah 90c battery. :\

All I can say is, run it with the highest mah and at least 25c 2s battery you can, and it should be fine. It will never be demanding FULL POWER for more than a split second and most batteries are capable of, "peaking" to that anyway.

I'd suggest at least running a 2s 2200mah 25c battery - that's giving you up to 55amps with a peak of about 75amps. If you ran a 3s, I don't know if there is anything larger than the 1400's that fit our minis, and a 3s 1400 at 25 c would put you at 35amps, and that's just not enough so you'd need to run the 3s setup in parallel. Good luck, and again gorgeous truck! =)

ALSO....

The truck will always run with whatever battery you put in to it, but when the motor is asking for more than the battery can provide, you won't know until the battery is either dead or on fire. So that's why we're all cautioning you! =)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks, Guys for the comments, and the input. I give it a run, and really wasn't impressed with the motor first ran 25/50 and then tried 31/50 on 2s 2200 25c packs, it ran better but still not enough for what I want. I ended replacing the 4000kv for the castle 5700 already has proven to work great before on my other conversions.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Try running parallel with the second battery wrapped in foam on top.of the front shocks and see how it runs

RC Qualifier
    Looks good, and I've always considered doing that with the esc, ifi got the vapor pro like you, but I always like to run double lipos so I never did it.
    "With Great Speed Comes Great Repair Bills!"