RC Qualifier

Water Seal Mod (censored)

This is my version of my original post. I think my first one got beat-up for mentioning how a certain gender gets googley-eyed when they see this mod. Oh well, thank goodness it was a little post.

Anyway, I was getting a little bit of water intrusion when I slammed on the brakes with my boat. I don't do it often, but sometimes I do have to do it. I have the OSE splash guard, and it works well for the rare times I have to back up. But, it doesn't keep all the water out during a panic-stricken brake slamming sesssion.

What I came up with was applying, and shaping silicon in the Spartan's boat top, rear fin vent area. When I install the top cover on my boat, the back of the boat has a good seal contact. I tried only covering the two little back holes, but this seems to work better. I don't know how much leakage this will stop during a roll-over, but my next project is to come up with a way to seal the hull with out the need for marine tape. If you guys want, I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by Double G; 10-30-2012 at 11:38 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    thats cool. do you have a different angle of the picture to see it better?
    I tape the 2 holes on mine and did this out from a car door seal.

hit reverse and i got kind of worry i thought water might have got in but, its dry.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 10-30-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    No, believe it or not. That's the best I could get. I really like your car door seal idea, though. I haven't decided how I'm going to do mine yet. With winter comming in, it might be next spring before I really get into it.

RC Qualifier
    What I can see on Reglardude's did was filled the cover with silicon and levelled with the top boat hull, so that once you put the lid it will have a tight and no gaps, that's a nice idea though IMO the hole from the top hull should not be covered because this is the way to drain water once your inside hull needs draining.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Enthusiast
    that seal looks sexy humay