RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar

Well, my parts are in....

I'm gonna save a buck on the full rc and convert. I've got the front bumper (trx) and p4de rear. I've got Proline's Focus body, new mounting system with thumb screws, (also all the parts needed to proline the front mounts). I'll use the 3800 and mmp till I make up my mind on a combo, will be something new to me like, rx8/2350 or similar. This will be a 3s car for drift and rally. I do not plan on pvc or drift tires for drifting, I'll just power up till I can spin them with ease hehehe.
    This will be a TRCE build, I'll by a full rally for comparison in a few weeks. I figure my TRCE set up is near identical but will be heavy compared to the composite trx truck. I will be re-using losi ten shocks but plan on a custom color later. Also planning on protrac kit, even the wheels for once lol. I have a few shaft mods im planing so stay tuned lol. I'm thinking of going with a set of trenchers, trencher x, or the new Jconcepts tire for on/off road, mot sure yet.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Nice to see you hoping aboard the train dread. As you noted above I cant wait to see your take on this. I'm hoping to put power to the wheels tomorrow as it is my day off!! WooHoo

I've so wanted to run a Tekin setup. That RX8 2650 will be killer smooth. Did you mean that one or the 2250?

All I can say is yummy my friend!!

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I was thinkin 2650. I was gonna get the car first but, first rime I saw the belly on it, I felt I had the same thing already.

It'll be close to this same set up, with the rally bumpers and body. Also protrac, maybe some 17mm wheels....

im sure it will hug the ground after a few minor tweaks too
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 10-28-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Here's the body I grabbed....also ordered a scalpel.

Let me help ya out dread. LOL

I really like that for a Rally body.

I have a friend thats using those new body fasteners and he says they have been working for him great so far. I might have to try a set of those out.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Lol yup, that's the one.....now for paint???????????

Im hoping to get to the shop (lhs) after work today! Just isn't enough time in a day this time of year. I also desided to simply order online so I don't get stuck "trying to find time" to go her my parts. Here's some things I'm looking at ordering tonight

And these tires....

RC Qualifier
    the duratrax lock ups are a pretty good tire. I run those on my Slayer Pro and are showing very little wear with a decent amount of time on some pavement.....Just notice that at high speeds on pavement they weren't to stable..

RC Champion
    Yeah those Lock Ups were one of my choices as well, wanted to pick some up for a while now. Instead I ended up going with PL-Knuckles for my offroad style tire, and got some badlands laying around to.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

I read your thread, checked out your pix this morning.. looking good too! I like badlands the most of all the tires I've run, but for this truck, its crying for something a bit more subtle. Imo! This particular rc wont be seeing the crazy terrain I put the rest of my trucks through. I think knuckles are an awesome choice too. I also like the derringers above. That's about as far as I'll go with the offroad treads for this RC. The lockups will most likely end up on my sl4sh but I'll give um a minute on the rally too.

Ya know what, I work my back bumper off all year to set up for the winter off! Im out of here! I'm going to the shop and gettin my parts!
    OH YA DIGGER, the blue wheels above come in safety orange too! Also green, red, yellow, black.......

I finally desided what to do with the body, so, it's all trimmed up and mounted. I also got some Proline's split six v2 in black with duratrax lock ups..I have a jconcept front rally bumper waiting for me at the shop. The trx rally bumper still hasn't showed up so, i'll have to deal with that seller later. I also got a proline body mount for the sl4sh/focus. Well, ill get more pix up in a few hours.

The yellow is a bunch of pieces linked together to make the lightning bolt. Its a parma, shock mask set. I didn't care for the small random pieces so I just cholesterol um up.

Here's some pix of Proline's extended mounts with thumb screws.

Here's where im at with the paint.

I used metallic black, thin, then a heavy blast of metallic blue. That gave me a midnight purple in the sun and straight metallic black out pf the sun. I used spazstix mirror chrome for the lightning and black back.

I still need to decal, trim, set rise height, change springs and boots on the shocks. The whole truck will get freshen up parts as the new parts come in

Yo dread i'm digg'n the Lightning Bolts. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I purchased a set of the Proline body mounts also, haven't used them yet. Guess I should have tried them with the Focus body.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Cool, different and will be sweet when finished!
    I am really liking those posts, I hate those little clips for body mounting.

What wheels are those, they are sharp!

I really dig the posts! Tons of threads for reinforced bodies, body washers, what ever ya like. Im still adding metals/stickers but hers where im at.

Im matching the black,carbon, chrome on my RCE chassis, easy enough right? I've taken 2 weeks trying to think of a cool paint job... dis is it lol...looks cool though.

RC Champion
    Looking sharp Dread, I was looking into drift tire's and thought about trying out surprasales onroad tire's, just cannot find them yet. I'll keep looking.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Im just about finished with decals, got all the "sponsors" covered lol. Tome to order a promatch battery, im all out of those stickers. Hopefully I'll get the chrome or black wheels in the next few days, it will look sharp when I change them.
    Cliff the tires Stephan's using look like a really nice set. Wonder if they slide easy on dry pavement? I certainly will be looking at some drift tires also.

That's a great looking body.

Are the proline body mounts used on the front shock tower made for the Rally? That's a cool design and looks like the rears.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

The proline mounts are listed as "extended mount set for focus", and it was released a while back. Looks to me like it could be used on the rally in place of the trx bumper mount system. Maybe that joint system has something to do with the broken bulkheads in a front impact. Both the front and rear are the same mounts, just comes with extra long posts for the rear. You can even buy them individually so the front and rear are the shorter set for regular truck bodies. I got the extra front mount for the rear so I have it when I use a truck body. No more changing posts 2-3 times to get the right height, same posts, just slide up or down. The longest setting is a match in length to the front 2wd traxxas raptor. That's a long post lol. And the shortest setting is the same as a short stubby mount from the trx 2wd slash mount set, that covers everything I've done for bodies!

I have got to get some chrome wheels on this car!!

Can a rusty/pede rear offset 2.8 fit on the front if a rally? (Hub clearance).....hmmm looks like it could hit my shock springs.
    im thinking maybe a low pro proline 2.8 on pede rear offset allstars would fit under this body!!!
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 11-19-2012 at 11:38 AM.

I drove this car, tuned it, in cycles. I charged a Promatch 3s 5400 50c and a SPC 2s 6000 30c, ran um both, then tweaked the car while waiting the hour for my 2 batteries. Tons of fun putting move on my street! Little drifting, jumping, speed, this is the longest time any of my trucks have had contact with the ground. I have the chassis a bit high for clearing the rough but still low enough to slide easily. Think I'll have time to get some more parts tomorrow ...they are just waiting for me to go get them lol ..im just not feeling the hour round trip right now. So here's some shots from today, chassis, body, outside pic too....oh ya, lost a body screw already from the proline mount set. Its all good though, the posts are 4mm so I'm using the blue flanged wheelnuts from an ultimate I got once.
    With black wheels

Tomorrow im swapping out springs for the black (medium) to lower the ride hight more. See if I can take a bit of the camber out and keep it planted. Also desided to keep the CC 3800 in for now. At 19/54 it moves nice with 2s and gets really nutty on 3s, still cool too. One of the things I like about the rce's chassis is the huge heatsink built in (motor mount) and wide open airflow keeps this 3800 cool while gutting it with 3s!
    Most dun I've had with it all summer. Guess I needed a fresh look/feel.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 11-19-2012 at 07:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    the body turned out great ,and i think the car looked good on the chrome wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    the body turned out great ,and i think the car looked good on the chrome wheels
    thanks 4sdash, I agree with ya on the chromed look! I cheated, I just set the rims there to see how it would look but it sure made my mind up, I've got to get some chrome! The 2 sets of wheels/tires I have to work with are the ofna chromes

And proline split six v2 in black. I got a call about the chromes and lockups, I think they are at the lhs shop waiting with my Jconcepts bumper.

I dropped the ride height, changers oils, springs, freshened up the suspension. It's as low as I feel I need it now without snagging every little crack, stick, chunk of what ever.... its at " in the rear and about ⅞" up front. I took s few pix and made some video, i'll post it soon, its uploading from phone to youtube now.

Video from todays escapades....not to proud of it, I asked the reluctant girlfriend to help for a sec.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGxz...e_gdata_player
    oh and yes, that was to close! Way to close!! In my defence, its a first, and the van was really quiet!
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 11-20-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Um you had a couple encounters. LOL Busy intersection much ehh?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Ha, it's fun to watch someone having fun!

That Rally seems plenty peppy on 19/54 and fast, have you been happy with run times?

That was courteous of the big van not to stomp your Rally LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Ha, it's fun to watch someone having fun!
    True.. can't get enough good footage to watch! I love a good rc vid
    That Rally seems plenty peppy on 19/54 and fast, have you been happy with run times?
    Thats only 2s pushing it and, Ya, between 4wd and the 3800kv, I get 20-30 min out of a 6000mah bat. 3s is sick fast for a rally style bash! I love it but the tires goin a 2-3 days
    That was courteous of the big van not to stomp your Rally LOL
    I've been bashing my block for a few years, that's the only close call so far. Normal I stand at the corner to see cars, and I have a nice stretch of sidewalk/dirt going thatway also. Believe me, I'll be manning the corner to avoid that kind of thing now on!

I picked the body up a notch, love it low but it's not clearing the rough stuff. I also moved the body forward a touch. If this body sits a touch back from centered wheel wells, it doesn't hang ip on anything. The way it was (almost perfectly placed) centered over the tires, I would roll the body in over the rear tire. That's something you can see a few times in my vid. ^^
    going out now, im going to do another video.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 11-21-2012 at 01:10 PM.